I may be back

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: I may be back

Postby alloin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:47 pm

The most fun part is where people don't know what they are talking about, nerf this nerf that, because its too hard for me to do it, even though i never managed to do it...

read: cry cry too hard for me cry cry nerf plz !
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:the cost of black skills has been discussed since alpha days.

And will be discussed and balanced till game is developed and that is good.

Tonkyhonk wrote:
who insults your country? i have nothing against poland or polish people, but you get on my nerves. and im sure many polish players think the same or similar.

Search on forum, I think you know who :)

Tonkyhonk wrote:
scroll up page back. also, if you cant think of one by yourself, how can you say "its balanced" anyways? elaborate the balance you describe?

I said game is quite balanced except raiding part for now and that is why I don't see any reason why non-pvp server won't work with current mechanics and imho it won't be much work to start it.

Tonkyhonk wrote:your problem is that you believe it must be some other reason than your own idea that yours get shot down.

My believes got nothing to do with it, I pointed many times that on forums are mostly hardcore players that share common game vision and if someone dare to disagree with them they try to do many thing to look this new idea stupid :)

Right now you didn't show me ideas to grief or spoil newbies fun without waste and murder, can you imagine any? :)
darnokpl

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:42 pm

darnokpl wrote:Right now you didn't show me ideas to grief or spoil newbies fun without waste and murder, can you imagine any? :)

people have written about one in particular in this thread. there are plenty more (simpler and less time-consuming for the griefer) as well, but the example written about here is enough, if you just care to understand it...
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:57 pm

_Gunnar wrote:
darnokpl wrote:Right now you didn't show me ideas to grief or spoil newbies fun without waste and murder, can you imagine any? :)

people have written about one in particular in this thread. there are plenty more (simpler and less time-consuming for the griefer) as well, but the example written about here is enough, if you just care to understand it...

I haven't seen any new.

Why you just don't want to understand that I am not saying to shut down pvp-server, but to give people choice.
Let newbies learn game in safe place and when they decide to get some more fun they can always create character in pvp-server.
All you guys spent too much time in HnH or Salem to see what I see, people will love crafting perma death game, but you need to educate them about it first,
but not in chief's way and pvp-server can't offer them anything else right now.
darnokpl

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:19 pm

A non pvp server would be a griefer paradise, this has been explained to you with reasons. Given that ATM we have people griefing noobs as soon as they step off Boston claim, it will be 1000 times worse on any non pvp server...

One of the problems I have with Salem is that Boston creates such an amazing opportunity for griefers. In haven we had ridiculous teleport system that removed any locality, but it also made it relatively easy to punish criminals anywhere. If there was no teleport at all in Salem, it would also be easy to track, since most crime would be local. But Boston means that people can do stuff to players really far from their own base.

Instead of having a no pvp server, I would rather that it became easier to track long distance somehow - an emergent, player created anti-pvp system is the only one that makes sense for salem. It is also likely that I have missed something that makes long range tracking/ triangulation easier, since as you maybe know I'm not that experienced with this game ;) . However I do think that Boston causes problems for the game in this regard.
ImageImageImage

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:54 pm

_Gunnar wrote:A non pvp server would be a griefer paradise, this has been explained to you with reasons.

Great and I posted my responses how to avoid it or I missed something?

_Gunnar wrote:Given that ATM we have people griefing noobs as soon as they step off Boston claim, it will be 1000 times worse on any non pvp server...

True, one of my friends was KO'd and lost few things this way, but he wasn't killed and he didn't cried about it, coz he didn't lost his char.
For most people problem is that they are not used to creating many characters for different purposes and when they loose their "main" it is game over.

Yes in my idea newbie can be KO'd and robbed, but that will only show him to stay away from Boston and that is good advice imho.
Yes newbie camp can be robbed, but can't be destroyed, so when newbies will learn how to protect their items it is again good for them and for game isn't?

_Gunnar wrote:One of the problems I have with Salem is that Boston creates such an amazing opportunity for griefers. In haven we had ridiculous teleport system that removed any locality, but it also made it relatively easy to punish criminals anywhere. If there was no teleport at all in Salem, it would also be easy to track, since most crime would be local. But Boston means that people can do stuff to players really far from their own base.

Instead of having a no pvp server, I would rather that it became easier to track long distance somehow - an emergent, player created anti-pvp system is the only one that makes sense for salem. It is also likely that I have missed something that makes long range tracking/ triangulation easier, since as you maybe know I'm not that experienced with this game ;) . However I do think that Boston causes problems for the game in this regard.

This problem will be solved when we get horses?
But this still doesn't solves newbies problems, you may punish criminals, but you won't stop them.
Great example for that is Chief, so many hardcore people doesn't like him, but they can't stop him, what if in open beta there will be more Chief's out there?

You see there are cons and pros for both solutions, pvp option is fun for larger factions that like to rule and make laws, but it sucks for newbies that are not aware of that. Non-pvp solution would be boring for pro players after few days, so they will grief others to have fun, solution imho is choice, so grieffed newbies could move to pvp server if they want to or when they dislike being grieffed without possibility of revenge.
darnokpl

Postby L33LEE » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:56 pm

staxjax wrote:
we don't have any influence on Devs decision

I said you not 'we'.

What jax means here, is his little neich community he has within the game are the only ones the devs listen to.

Everyone else can go suck it, i was also basically told this in a PM from moo also that the devs listen to no one and will run the game exactly how they want to regardless of the community's requests even in mass. "cough except the select circle of players from h&h who are still here ensuring it never evolves*
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:14 pm

L33LEE wrote:
staxjax wrote:

I said you not 'we'.

What jax means here, is his little neich community he has within the game are the only ones the devs listen to.

Everyone else can go suck it, i was also basically told this in a PM from moo also that the devs listen to no one and will run the game exactly how they want to regardless of the community's requests even in mass. "cough except the select circle of players from h&h who are still here ensuring it never evolves*

:(

Staxjax y u break my heart with your select circle of players from H&H even though you didn't play H&H?
Ass_Kraken

Postby Gacrux » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:59 pm

L33LEE wrote:
staxjax wrote:

I said you not 'we'.

How long till warned for this post ;P

I kid I kid

but if that's true we are in for some dark days my friend :(
Gacrux

Postby _Gunnar » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 pm

L33LEE wrote:Everyone else can go suck it, i was also basically told this in a PM from moo also that the devs listen to no one and will run the game exactly how they want to regardless of the community's requests even in mass. "cough except the select circle of players from h&h who are still here ensuring it never evolves*

You should probably make clearer that everything after the " and before the * is merely your fantasy.... Moo doesn't deserve this slander.
ImageImageImage

great minds
_Gunnar

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill