I may be back

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: I may be back

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:39 am

staxjax wrote:
darnokpl wrote:Good luck and have fun with Salem.

Same to you ;p

I don't play any more, from 3 weeks now.
Not many real life friends wanted to join salem or quit, coz of low server population, this game without people is boring :(
Many of my friends like HnH and Salem in general, but doesn't like idea to loose everything they worked over one night and not all of them got 12+h per day to play and spam walls and braziers.
darnokpl

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:45 am

Potjeh wrote:Since when is design by committee become a good thing?

As for your ideas, yes, it would work if everyone played nice like you expect them to, but people don't work that way. A non-PvP server would be like a gold inlaid invitation to griefers without some extensive changes to the game that wouldn't be portable back to the PvP server. Meanwhile, any development on balancing PvP would be useless on this peaceful server, so the devs would effectively be forced to develop two separate games. Of course, that would halve the already slow pace of development, which isn't really feasible, so in reality this non-PvP server requires complete abandonment of PvP as it currently is, ridding Salem of the one and only thing that makes unique on the market.

Griefers can't do much without waste, I proved to you that claims around any camp can be declaimed or they will decay in time.
Like I said I don't see any way to grief on non-pvp server right now, all you could try is to build some walls around newbies camps, but it is still less evil than killing newbies.

As for "Since when is design by committee become a good thing?" since when learning from previous mistakes is bad?
Someone wrote that HnH is populated after server restart and same thing will be in Salem,
after new server start there will be many people, but in time they will got killed and will quit.
Newbies in this game are only for hardcore players fun nothing more.
darnokpl

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 am

darnokpl wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:
darnokpl wrote:But we have 4500+ people registered on forum, where are they now?
Most of them is from 1-3 and we can't see them talking in here, but I am sure they would agree with me.

let them agree with you while you have no good solutions to the issues your delusional game-play brings.

Your and other hardcore players opinion :)
I think TotalyMoo should send emails to those 4500 players and just ask them about pvp and non-pvp server :)
Removing only murder and waste gives more balance to this game (as non-pvp solution) that any other things I read about.
I wish to see here (on forum and in this thread) some more people, but forums is dominated by your friends and any new and fresh ideas are killed instantly.
Good luck and have fun with Salem.

hey, MY friends dont dominate salem world in case you didnt know, and im one of the hardcore-carebare noobs around. im only agreeing to whatever opinions that suit me, and you happen to always bring worst ideas that i tend to disagree every time, if thats how you feel. your ideas get killed cause they are bad, not because you are hated.

how about stopping your personal attack attempt (which failes hard) and dodging any proper replies and talk about any possible solutions to the issues that your idea brings so that people might actually consider your suggestion even for a bit?

darnokpl wrote:Griefers can't do much without waste, I proved to you that claims around any camp can be declaimed or they will decay in time.
Like I said I don't see any way to grief on non-pvp server right now, all you could try is to build some walls around newbies camps, but it is still less evil than killing newbies.

you hardly understand how this game works, do you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
hey, MY friends dont dominate salem world in case you didnt know, and im one of the hardcore-carebare noobs around. im only agreeing to whatever opinions that suit me, and you happen to always bring worst ideas that i tend to disagree every time, if thats how you feel. your ideas get killed cause they are bad...

Right, if you look at Paradox forums you will see I was one of first people saying that murder in first closed beta is to cheap...
and what Devs said, they nerfed c&d inspirational in next update:)
Next we got W2 closed beta and what Devs did... they added LA to nerf it more :D
If you look at I&I I got more suggestions about nerf murder or c&d items and I am looking forward to see what is going to be with my worst ideas :lol:

Tonkyhonk wrote:not because you are hated.

Right and that is why some people insults my country and nation on this forums and doesn't even get warning for that
and chief is being banned for week for much fewer crimes :lol:

Tonkyhonk wrote:you hardly understand how this game works, do you?

I like you are being consistent :lol:

Tonkyhonk wrote:how about stopping your personal attack attempt (which failes hard) and dodging any proper replies and talk about any possible solutions to the issues that your idea brings so that people might actually consider your suggestion even for a bit?

Show me idea to grief in non-pvp server and I will show you solution that is already implemented or will be in later game.
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:16 pm

darnokpl I hate to break it to ya, but I dont think you had any influence what so ever on the developer's decision to nerf cloak and dagger or with the addition of LA. Removing permadeath or PvP is never going to happen, so I don't even know why you continue to preach about it.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:22 pm

staxjax wrote:darnokpl I hate to break it to ya, but I dont think you had any influence what so ever on the developer's decision to nerf cloak and dagger or with the addition of LA...

I know I alone didn't, but there was more people saying it is wrong and look now there are many people saying same about pvp.

But If you think that it is true and we don't have any influence on Devs decision you can delete I&I section from forum, coz it is waste of disks space :)
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:26 pm

we don't have any influence on Devs decision

I said you not 'we'.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Potjeh » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:28 pm

darnokpl wrote:Griefers can't do much without waste, I proved to you that claims around any camp can be declaimed or they will decay in time.

You proved two things: jack and ****. How is waiting for claim decay (which will be preventable with a modest amount of silver) for a month or so better than taking a week or so to rebuild your character?

Anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree. The discussion is totally irrelevant anyway, since I'm pretty sure that removal of permadeath would involve Jorb's dead body.

Though I must take a parting shot: if the devs wanted to maximize their target audience size, they should've went with EA instead of Paradox ¦]
Potjeh

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm

darnokpl wrote:Right, if you look at Paradox forums you will see I was one of first people saying that murder in first closed beta is to cheap...
and what Devs said, they nerfed c&d inspirational in next update:)
Next we got W2 closed beta and what Devs did... they added LA to nerf it more :D
If you look at I&I I got more suggestions about nerf murder or c&d items and I am looking forward to see what is going to be with my worst ideas :lol:

the cost of black skills has been discussed since alpha days.

Tonkyhonk wrote:not because you are hated.

Right and that is why some people insults my country and nation on this forums and doesn't even get warning for that
and chief is being banned for week for much fewer crimes :lol:

who insults your country? i have nothing against poland or polish people, but you get on my nerves. and im sure many polish players think the same or similar.

Tonkyhonk wrote:how about stopping your personal attack attempt (which failes hard) and dodging any proper replies and talk about any possible solutions to the issues that your idea brings so that people might actually consider your suggestion even for a bit?

Show me idea to grief in non-pvp server and I will show you solution that is already implemented or will be in later game.

scroll up page back. also, if you cant think of one by yourself, how can you say "its balanced" anyways? elaborate the balance you describe?

darnokpl wrote:But If you think that it is true and we don't have any influence on Devs decision you can delete I&I section from forum, coz it is waste of disks space :)

your problem is that you believe it must be some other reason than your own idea that yours get shot down.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby darnokpl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:36 pm

staxjax wrote:
we don't have any influence on Devs decision

I said you not 'we'.

I said only to Tonky that my "worst" ideas wasn't worst if Devs implemented them. Don't try to twist it.

Potjeh wrote:

You proved two things: jack and ****. How is waiting for claim decay (which will be preventable with a modest amount of silver) for a month or so better than taking a week or so to rebuild your character?

I said not only about waiting, you can also declaim it with town claim, like you said there will be many silver coins in non-pvp server :)

Potjeh wrote:Anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree. The discussion is totally irrelevant anyway, since I'm pretty sure that removal of permadeath would involve Jorb's dead body.

Better not, I like some of their ideas :)

Potjeh wrote:Though I must take a parting shot: if the devs wanted to maximize their target audience size, they should've went with EA instead of Paradox ¦]

Imho if players grow up to gaming with perma death and crafting then EA will create MMO with perma death, don't worry about that.
darnokpl

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill