I may be back

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

I may be back

Postby ramuller » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:31 am

You all may have been right all along, this game may not be for me. Getting killed when I didn't notice that I had stepped outside the Boston area for no reason other than that the guy that 2 shot me could do a dance over my KO's body before the final blow was more of a bummer than I expected it to be (fortunately, I had the good sense to not buy any silver before committing completely to the game).

I really enjoy the crafting, exploring, and character development aspects of the game -- I find they are much better than the other games in the "Crafting MMO" market. I look forward to even more features in the aspect of farming and crafting (tree culture, farm animals, more interesting houses, etc.). I will wait a few months before creating my next character.

I would really love it if the devs would consider having several different rulesets on the various servers they are supporting. I think that an alternative non-permadeath ruleset would attract players from the crafting niche while not interfering with the players who will flock to Salem for the hardcore PvP; I would expect we would not be allowed to move characters between servers with different rulesets.
Swordmage
ramuller

Re: I may be back

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:37 am

I'm sorry for your loss, but it has been stated on multiple occasions that permadeath is not going anywhere.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Makestro » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:05 am

this game is what it is because of permadeath, thus it is an extremely niche game and you shouldn't feel bad about it not fitting your playstyle
Makestro

Postby sabinati » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:55 am

there literally isn't a challenge without permadeath.
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Procne » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:35 am

sabinati wrote:there literally isn't a challenge without permadeath.

But there is still a lot of fun. A lot more than in all other crafting oriented games, which are nothing more than "craft some useless item 100 times to increase your skill by 0.1". Some people play for PvP, some to just build
Procne

Postby Ornery » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:36 am

sabinati wrote:there literally isn't a challenge without permadeath.

This is honestly the best defense of permadeath I've heard, and it's completely true. Sorry you died though, OP.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

Postby Gacrux » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:50 am

Sorry to hear about your death OP hope you come back soon.
Gacrux

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 am

How was the ferry ride white man?

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby JeffGV » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:48 am

There is no permadeath here anyway. Just permaltdeath.
JeffGV

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 pm

OP has a point, while i don't like crafting only, a server WITHOUT permadeath (maybe ko with x loss of humours & proficiency's) would give people who are not a fan of permadeath, the experience of the game, and maybe let them move on (new character) to a server WITH permadeath on a later stage.

You can only gain more players this way, but seeing some replies, some people want this to be their own game, with a max of 100 players, with their own rules...

I know of at least 10 RL friends who wouldn't mind playing this so called Non-Permadeath-Server before joining the real stuff.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Next

Return to City upon a Hill