Why does the advantage always need to go to the Raider?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Why does the advantage always need to go to the Raider?

Postby _Gunnar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:36 pm

dying is fun tho
ImageImageImage
Darwoth wrote:tradewinds is gunnar
Brego wrote:***** STUPID GUNNAR!

great minds
_Gunnar

Postby Procne » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Salem did one step in the right direction from H&H in my opinion.
In H&H it was all about breaking wall - once it was broken whole town could quickly be destroyed.

Now breaking the wall is not that hard, but stealing and destroying under the pressure of BB drain and braziers makes it less worthwhile.

In the end the aim should be at making it harder to destroy someone completely, but easier to hurt him a bit.
Like in travian, ikariam, ogame ad dozens of other games - it's easy to farm someone, but destroying them completely takes a lot more effort, and requires some cooperation.

As for the darkness - well, criminals usually like dark places. Let darkness give safety from other players, but increase danger from the darkness itself. Add stacking fear buff while in darkness, especially when fighting. Increase decay on items in darkness, even on claim. Add monsters which spawn randomly near players and attack them, even on claims. Have containers randomly lose items stored in them. Genereally, darkness should be a place where you go for a while on a expedition or hunting party. You (as in your character) go in searching for treasures and you come out barely alive and shaking from fear.
Procne

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:47 pm

Dallane wrote:sounds to me like someone wasted time building in a unfinished zone to avoid getting killed or raided(again) and rolled a natural 1 and then a confirmed 1 and now is mad.

Look at your defense post about having invincible darkness fortresses. you posted it like it wasn't a problem in the game.

i was joking about the invincible part, and the ones I have built aren't in darkness actually, thanks for playing
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Realak wrote:
Dallane wrote:sounds to me like someone wasted time building in a unfinished zone to avoid getting killed or raided(again) and rolled a natural 1 and then a confirmed 1 and now is mad.

Look at your defense post about having invincible darkness fortresses. you posted it like it wasn't a problem in the game.

i was joking about the invincible part, and the ones I have built aren't in darkness actually, thanks for playing

so you just proved my point that your thread was total ***** theory crafting. thanks.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 pm

no...lol..I haven't found a perfect perfect spot yet, and why bother since jorb friendship magic is going to happen.

I'm guessing you guys want this thread locked, so I won't respond anymore and get dragged into your ***** just so a certain loveable mod can close it. toodles
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Realak wrote:no...lol..I haven't found a perfect perfect spot yet, and why bother since jorb friendship magic is going to happen.

we friends!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Gacrux » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Procne wrote:As for the darkness - well, criminals usually like dark places. Let darkness give safety from other players, but increase danger from the darkness itself. Add stacking fear buff while in darkness, especially when fighting. Increase decay on items in darkness, even on claim. Add monsters which spawn randomly near players and attack them, even on claims. Have containers randomly lose items stored in them. Generally, darkness should be a place where you go for a while on a expedition or hunting party. You (as in your character) go in searching for treasures and you come out barely alive and shaking from fear.

This I like, because in my opinion that's what it is meant for, exploration, not for HV'ing and main base construction (at least not yet).
So I agree about harsher penalties for darkness "camping", I still stick by my idea of not allowing for agriculture to used in the dark.

but we shall see where the game goes I hope for better walls xD
5+ stone hedge defense = aesthetically disheartening :(
Gacrux

Postby staxjax » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:30 am

Thats odd Gacrux, I was just thinking to myself earlier that would be neato if you wouldn't be able to grow crops in the darkness.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:36 am

taking out a darkness fort is not terribly difficult if you know what to do, i knew when i got busy and the "deer of the dark" taxnewbs ended up dropping a townbell on my plot of flattened dirt (where they currently live) that all the retards around would soon be drooling all over how "awesome" and "invincible" a darkness location would be and get it nerfed, which is why i never spent the silver to retake the spot when they had only just started building it (that and the fact that they quickly turned it into a ***** with all the planning of a trailer park by building a bunch of **** everywhere that would have taken more time to tear down and build out my initial blueprint than it would have to flatten 5x as much land somewhere else).

now it appears every droolcup on the server is holed up in that valley and a month + tens of thousands of silver later it is soon going to be irrelevant :lol:
Darwoth

Postby alloin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:06 am

Darwoth wrote:taking out a darkness fort is not terribly difficult if you know what to do, i knew when i got busy and the "deer of the dark" taxnewbs ended up dropping a townbell on my plot of flattened dirt (where they currently live) that all the retards around would soon be drooling all over how "awesome" and "invincible" a darkness location would be and get it nerfed, which is why i never spent the silver to retake the spot when they had only just started building it (that and the fact that they quickly turned it into a ***** with all the planning of a trailer park by building a bunch of **** everywhere that would have taken more time to tear down and build out my initial blueprint than it would have to flatten 5x as much land somewhere else).

now it appears every droolcup on the server is holed up in that valley and a month + tens of thousands of silver later it is soon going to be irrelevant :lol:

Finally he admits its him !

A lot have changed since your last visit !

We did not townbell ninja it though, we used all your stash & sold it for a townbell ( http://i49.tinypic.com/mjpr45.jpg )
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill