Why does the advantage always need to go to the Raider?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Why does the advantage always need to go to the Raider?

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:11 am

of course it was me, i had that spot flattened out like that 2 or 3 weeks before you were flexing your youtube deer slaying prowess back when 90% of the server couldn't even make it over the mountain but never finished it as i got busy.

if you all had explored a bit more to the south when you initially townbelled the spot you would have found something exceptionally rare/valuable that i would of actually been annoyed at losing =P
Darwoth

Postby alloin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 am

Darwoth wrote:of course it was me, i had that spot flattened out like that 2 or 3 weeks before you were flexing your youtube deer slaying prowess back when 90% of the server couldn't even make it over the mountain but never finished it as i got busy.

if you all had explored a bit more to the south when you initially townbelled the spot you would have found something exceptionally rare/valuable that i would of actually been annoyed at losing =P

I'm glad you did not lose everything, we felt bad for taking what looked like the perfect place on the worldmap :) but you did not come online for a long time, maybe we could have sorted it out in another way..
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:31 am

no reason to feel bad, like i told you before i would have done the same if i had stumbled onto the spot at that stage of the game, my primary annoyance is that i wasted a day or two flattening the area with the expectation that everyone would be pissing and moaning about my darkness hearthvault until it got nerfed, not bestowing that honor upon another.
Darwoth

Postby alloin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:35 am

Darwoth wrote:no reason to feel bad, like i told you before i would have done the same if i had stumbled onto the spot at that stage of the game, my primary annoyance is that i wasted a day or two flattening the area with the expectation that everyone would be pissing and moaning about my darkness hearthvault until it got nerfed, not bestowing that honor upon another.

There is still room for more people ;-) we flattened 4 times the amount now so i can understand your grief.

If we happen to have pilgrims passing by and and complimenting the flattening, I will sure mention you !

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 am

yeah i could of moved into the northern or southern sections but the other location i am building (or was, depending on the nerfs) is a lot more defensible.
Darwoth

Postby alloin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:41 am

Darwoth wrote:yeah i could of moved into the northern or southern sections but the other location i am building (or was, depending on the nerfs) is a lot more defensible.

Your secret is safe with me ! :)

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:59 am

as an aside the only thing that needs to change in order to "fix" darkness vaults is to make it so that characters with high enough stats do not take drain when they have the criminal debuff the way they normally wouldn't, as it stands the criminal debuff will make you take drain two feet in even if your rocking 150 humors. fix that, do not make a kneejerk change like making darkness claims not give a debuff or some other similar thing that will make darkness targets EASIER to hit than normal ones.
Darwoth

Postby darnokpl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:...
let everyone get summoned outside any walls and politics work for surviving. ¦]

I like it:)
Maybe make summon radius for leantos larger when someone committed more crimes?:)
darnokpl

Postby darnokpl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am

Procne wrote:
As for the darkness - well, criminals usually like dark places. Let darkness give safety from other players, but increase danger from the darkness itself. Add stacking fear buff while in darkness, especially when fighting. Increase decay on items in darkness, even on claim. Add monsters which spawn randomly near players and attack them, even on claims. Have containers randomly lose items stored in them. Genereally, darkness should be a place where you go for a while on a expedition or hunting party. You (as in your character) go in searching for treasures and you come out barely alive and shaking from fear.

Very bad idea, then players will only going to make HV in darkness and their towns will be in light:/
darnokpl

Postby Procne » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 am

darnokpl wrote:Very bad idea, then players will only going to make HV in darkness and their towns will be in light:/

Have lean-tos decay very quickly in darkness (claim or not), like getting completely destroyed in 12 hours in light darkness and in 3 hours in deep darkness. The only way of having permanent homestead would be claim stone from which everyone can easily summon. With high decay on walls it would not be feasible to keep enough area walled off to protect it.
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill