Criminals in the Darkness

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Criminals in the Darkness

Postby darnokpl » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

Potjeh wrote:It doesn't matter if you choose the suboptimal route, there is still the abuse potential for more shrewd players.

The problem with your darkness raid method is that the cost of raiding raises much faster than the cost of building, especially if you're smart and make the materials in the light and just port them in.

Yet another reason to implement travel weariness from HnH?

Potjeh wrote:As for purity, the current system is a placeholder. When it's done, you won't be able to just grind up high purity and sit on it, it'll be dynamic in both directions so you'll have to work on keeping it.

Can't wait to see that... yet another reason for wipe? :P

Mushibag wrote:
or you can just call us The Fortress of Lies

I have copyrights for that name, each use cost you 100s.
darnokpl

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Potjeh wrote:It doesn't matter if you choose the suboptimal route, there is still the abuse potential for more shrewd players.

What i done, in moving into the darkness was the most "optimal route" possible, quite the opposite as you claim.

I moved here for safety from the raiders i feared so much about and heard about on the forums, with the current game mechanics working perfectly from my opinion to secure my security here.

When i moved to the darkness and MADE VILLAGES here was it was seen as "end game" location, to get to the "Epic monsters" which are soon™ to come faster without traveling many hours here.

Making such drastic changes to the game would ensure it was worthless? No crime debuff in the darkness as everyone claims is coming or is on the table as an option ?(When i mean everyone i mean stax, dallane, his village of go getters, the only real last big active village in the game, lofta does not want to lose his only players now does he??) Great, what happens to people who just want to "Live here", people can like wipe the village off the map without even getting a crime debuff or breaking a sweat and being able to heal / eat the whole time why raiding them, staying max biles as they waste building after building ? sorry but That sounds more ***** broken than the current system.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Gacrux » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Perhaps make it much harsher to upkeep a village in the darkness, maybe have farming disabled a certain radius from the darkness, there has been alot of discussion in my own village about moving there because of the raiding and such.

I just hope that like I've seen mentioned before in this thread that as the humors increase the equivalent in defenses becoming accessible because (though i may receive some flame for this) i find the idea of make a fortress of 5+ stone hedges to be a bit excessive just to avoid the chance of not being raided by a group of people that instigate more forum drama.

Its just not my idea of a fun time yah?
Btw: sorry for being kinda off topic
The darkness is underdevelopment so I don't understand the validity of this conversation.
Last edited by Gacrux on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gacrux

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Gacrux wrote:Perhaps make it much harsher to upkeep a village in the darkness, maybe have farming disabled a certain radius from the darkness, there has been alot of discussion in my own village about moving there because of the raiding and such. I just hope that like I've seen mentioned before in this thread that as the humors increase the equivalent in defenses becomes accessible because (though i may receive some flame for this) i find the idea of make a fortress of 5+ brick wqlls to be a bit excessive just to avoid the chance of not being raided by a group of people that instigate more forum drama just not my idea of a fun time yah?

Chances are even if walls etc were to be released today, they would be released along with siege units and the current state of the player base, would ensure raiders will still wipe you off the map, if not faster then before.

Im my opinion, and MANY others this game NEEDS a FULL WIPE/RESET before its public launch, OR Make so you cannot go between servers (not gonna happen).

If there is no wipe, the current top 20 players will always and forever have a stranglehold over the game, and this is what they want also hence they have cried forth about the darkness changes.

If the devs want to ensure the current top players, always and forever stay in power, so be it, i for one will not be staying around to watch such a great potential game crumble to nothing being left with 20 active players only who are all apart of the same little community / group of players.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Gacrux » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:43 pm

L33LEE wrote:
Gacrux wrote:Perhaps make it much harsher to upkeep a village in the darkness, maybe have farming disabled a certain radius from the darkness, there has been alot of discussion in my own village about moving there because of the raiding and such. I just hope that like I've seen mentioned before in this thread that as the humors increase the equivalent in defenses becomes accessible because (though i may receive some flame for this) i find the idea of make a fortress of 5+ brick wqlls to be a bit excessive just to avoid the chance of not being raided by a group of people that instigate more forum drama just not my idea of a fun time yah?

Chances are even if walls etc were to be released today, they would be released along with siege units and the current state of the player base, would ensure raiders will still wipe you off the map, if not faster then before.

Im my opinion, and MANY others this game NEEDS a FULL WIPE/RESET before its public launch, OR Make so you cannot go between servers (not gonna happen).

If there is no wipe, the current top 20 players will always and forever have a stranglehold over the game, and this is what they want also hence they have cried forth about the darkness changes.

If the devs want to ensure the current top players, always and forever stay in power, so be it, i for one will not be staying around to watch such a great potential game crumble to nothing being left with 20 active players only who are all apart of the same little community / group of players.

I agree with you to some degree but remeber this is beta so all if not many things are subject to change, i expect wipes; both wotld and character alike, and im sure jorb and loftar who like they said "sit in boston and watch players" probably see the plight and frustration, and will do what is necessary to keep the player base and its entirity under control, balanced, and happy.

Just stick to your method of playing until it changes
Gacrux

Postby Realak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:02 pm

wipe wipe wipe wipe
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
Realak

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

so anyone want some game changes? i got a idea session with the devs in a hour.
Last edited by Dallane on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:34 pm

L33LEE wrote:If there is no wipe, the current top 20 players will always and forever have a stranglehold over the game, and this is what they want also hence they have cried forth about the darkness changes.

lolwhut? who are these top 20 players now?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby staxjax » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:lolwhut? who are these top 20 players now?

They probably spent all their time farming, instead of trying to pvp and moving their bases to the darkness :/
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Ornery » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Could always add in churches to push back darkness. All you'd have to do to raid an "unraidable" place, even with the way darkness is now, is drop a church near their place. No more drain = no more hiding. Wouldn't even require changes to game mechanics, just letting us build whats already in Boston.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill