Criminals in the Darkness

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Criminals in the Darkness

Postby Potjeh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:35 pm

The issue is that it's completely broken, because it provides ridiculously strong incentive to build hearthvaults, and hearthvaults contributed far more to the death of H&H than the lag or the age of the world did.
Potjeh

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Potjeh wrote:The issue is that it's completely broken, because it provides ridiculously strong incentive to build hearthvaults, and hearthvaults contributed far more to the death of H&H than the lag or the age of the world did.

Tell me the difference between a hearthvault and a village ?

Because stax, dallane etc live in a "village" called gallow hills.
Because my ""VILLAGE" Is in the Darkness its now called a hearthvault.

So just because of the darkness it becomes a vault ?

Please, i really need to know the difference.

If they are the same thing, then blow be sexy. Because we are accused of "hiding in a vault" in the darkness, when in fact i only first moved here for SAFTEY from the rampage outside the darkness which happens. Like cheif, wrath, mushi, vigil, You think i moved into the darkness so i can raid others in saftey ? I moved here to get away from that ***** tards who raze a whole settlement to the ground, and i did not want that happening to me.

I raid ? What else is there to ***** do on the game, give me another objective or something else to do, and the raiding / roleplaying stops over night and i can go back to my little darkness dwelling all alone away from all the pettiness which happens in the light.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Potjeh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:23 pm

You're living in the darkness because you're silly LARPers, to quote Avu. A rational player will build his production lines in the light to make food and inspirationals more efficiently, and he'll build a smaller facility with nothing but walls and braziers in the dark to both protect his character from summoning and make it impossible to trace him to his main town. And that, my friend, is what we call a hearthvault in H&H.
Potjeh

Postby darnokpl » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Potjeh wrote:The issue is that it's completely broken, because it provides ridiculously strong incentive to build hearthvaults, and hearthvaults contributed far more to the death of H&H than the lag or the age of the world did.

I posted way to raid any town in darkness with time similar to raiding in light.

Potjeh in Salem vaults are not problem, walls are soft, braziers are easy to turn off or tank during raid by multi people,
here we need to do something with murder-alt-factories and with crops, they level up too fast.
Some people got 99% purity crops, so it is game over for farmers?
They reached max level what they should make now to have fun in game?
darnokpl

Postby alloin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:30 pm

Potjeh wrote:You're living in the darkness because you're silly LARPers, to quote Avu. A rational player will build his production lines in the light to make food and inspirationals more efficiently, and he'll build a smaller facility with nothing but walls and braziers in the dark to both protect his character from summoning and make it impossible to trace him to his main town. And that, my friend, is what we call a hearthvault in H&H.

What about a whole village, including windmill, 300 fields, 5 smelters, 10 baking ovens, a mine, 4 stampers, tons of walls,50+ gates, 20.000m2 claim ?
Is that considered a hearthvault ?

I never played H&H so I'm not familiar with what a hearthvault was there.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Potjeh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm

It doesn't matter if you choose the suboptimal route, there is still the abuse potential for more shrewd players.

The problem with your darkness raid method is that the cost of raiding raises much faster than the cost of building, especially if you're smart and make the materials in the light and just port them in.

As for purity, the current system is a placeholder. When it's done, you won't be able to just grind up high purity and sit on it, it'll be dynamic in both directions so you'll have to work on keeping it.
Potjeh

Postby Tonkyhonk » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:38 pm

L33LEE wrote:So just because of the darkness it becomes a vault ?

no.
darkness isnt fully implemented yet and its rather broken at the current state.
and (ab)using the broken mechanics without reporting is usually considered lame.
obviously, devs did not mean to make the darkness a safe place with better defense than civilization. it can be a hide-out, but the darkness should let all buildings decay fast imo and receive constant attacks from the creatures (supposed to be) residing there.
*edit* forgot to say, but building stuff should change the darkness percentage and bring more light in. at least, thats how "darkness vs civilization" is intended to work, iirc.

personally, dozens of stone hedges makes it impossible to raid too. but thats still working as intended no matter how i hate it.
there really should be a real big overhaul on defenses. everyone should be able to be killed after killing someone anyways.
Last edited by Tonkyhonk on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Re: The Death Of The Lumberwood Rangers and My Personal Pris

Postby Mushibag » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:39 pm

darnokpl wrote:gallow hills

Realak wrote:Gallow Hills

L33LEE wrote:"village" called gallow hills.

It's Gallows Hill... or you can just call us The Fortress of Lies
Mushibag

Re: The Death Of The Lumberwood Rangers and My Personal Pris

Postby L33LEE » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:41 pm

Mushibag wrote:
darnokpl wrote:gallow hills

Realak wrote:Gallow Hills

L33LEE wrote:"village" called gallow hills.

It's Gallows Hill... or you can just call us The Fortress of Lies

No its a herthvault were all u **** hide.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby alloin » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm gonna call my next city 'HearthVault'
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill