Realaks Guide and Tricks to Defensive Base Mechanics.

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Realaks Guide and Tricks to Defensive Base Mechanics.

Postby Realak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:16 am

Dallane wrote: only real way to stop a determined force is to live in the darkness and chase them down after they get a debuff.

Yet the last thing I saw in IRC before going to work today was you guys crying about the darkness being broken because it can actually stop raiders. Obv your really butthurt you can't attack King Charles or us now?
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby colesie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:22 am

How does living in darkness change things? From what I've read atm all the darkness is is a slow drain based on your lowest humor. Also, if your humors are high you can go deeper. But aside from that nothing is really different aside from maybe more monster spawns? I suppose the deeper you can go the safer you are but that's in the current state of the game. When the new monsters are implemented it may be safer to brave the players :P
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Realak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 am

It's pertaining to when you commit a crime, you can not regen for 15 minutes.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby colesie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:54 am

Realak wrote:It's pertaining to when you commit a crime, you can not regen for 15 minutes.

Oh, that's some smart **** then lol. Wasn't sure on the timer of it I thought the regen was more like 5-8 min
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Postby Onionfighter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 am

Realak wrote:And last but not least, THE (almost except for digging) IMPENETRABLE LEANTO VAULT

Ugh. I complained about this months ago. If I were optimistic, I would hope that everyone knowing about it now would make something happen about it. An easy fix would be to allow wall bashing while hanging from a cliff (or the opposite, but what happens when you fall off a cliff and there is no room at the bottom?)
Onionfighter

Postby Qukatt » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Though it would be hilarious to tempt raiders into your fake town then lock them in houses after they go in..

... that can be done right? blocking people into houses?
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby Glennfinnan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:40 pm

It can be indeed done and that's why you should never enter a house with a criminal debuff.
Glennfinnan

Postby Darwoth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 am

of these "tips" the only one semi useful is the staggered gates, but since you can not go through them with some objects that is useless for anything other than a pvp vault.

surrounding a center claim with numerous other claims is a terrible setup with several glaring weaknesses that i wont bother going into, there are also 4 (probably more i haven't thought of yet) different things you can do to be almost certain that the attackers will die if they do breach your walls no matter what their humors are, again not getting into that right now =P

best bet for the average shmoe is to simply not be lazy and to double the amount of walls+braziers they think is acceptable, if they are not going around picking fights with the large factions 3 or so walls and a brazier every 5ish tiles is MORE than good enough to guard their ****** farm full of snake skins and rabbit meat, the current game mechanics provide more than enough defense whether you are a carebear or a pk if people choose not to employ it that is their problem.

also keeping a chest or ten of flint inside to repair with will repel just about any zerg force if you are online and i imagine will remain that way until more food systems are implemented and 130 - 150 is not the max humors a sane person will put on a character.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 am

also helps a lot to have a fighter or two to defend your **** with, most folks are not to keen on fighting someone on their home turf when they have a crime debuff on them. the only exceptions would be if it is an organized attack by people that do not like you, the average raider however much like the average 7-11 robber will be all to eager to beat feet when the victim pulls out a sword/glock.
Darwoth

Postby Ornery » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

They fixed the walls needing flint, it's granite now.
<milonti> Psshh, tears are tier 5 products.

America confirmed winning since 1776
Ornery

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill