Custom clients: Cheating and player retention

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Custom clients: Cheating and player retention

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Dallane wrote:odd you changing that when you have your own thread where you destroy settlements

I'm not threatening that I will use exploits for it, and I don't use them at all.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Alloin, are you scared or something? Is that why you wont give me your coords and are the one that calls me scared when I give you mine? It is nice to see that I bother the 'tax collectors' so much. If they are too ***** to tell me where their base is or to attack mine, the least I can do is troll the **** out of them.

Darnokpl, incase you missed it:
I did not have a village and my hermitage can be seen on this thread

As for the OP, I think your friends are quitting because it is not the game for them. Obviously, somebody that accuses his killers of cheating after dying has some serious rage issues (not to mention he probably died in 1 hit anyways, so why the ***** would anybody cheat to OHKO a buncha noobs). How exactly does one 'cheat' in Salem? All the tools and game mechanics are available for everybody to use. I understand some things can and are being botted at the moment, but I think this is as close to 'cheating' as you are going to get to. As far as 'exploiting' goes, the **** does need to be tested and thats what we are here for. Unfortunately, I have yet to report something that has been considered an 'exploit' by the developers. The last and only exploit that I have heard of was the summoning people for personal benefit instead of with intent to murder. An exploit in a game, by definition, is using a game mechanic in ways that it wasn't intended to be used for personal gain.

Just because somebody has more of an understanding of game mechanics than yourself does not mean they are cheating.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:11 pm

alloin wrote:I'm not threatening that I will use exploits for it, and I don't use them at all.

Hey *******, its hard to [ab]use something that doesn't exist.

staxjax

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:13 pm

staxjax wrote:Alloin, are you scared or something? Is that why you wont give me your coords and are the one that calls me scared when I give you mine? It is nice to see that I bother the 'tax collectors' so much. If they are too ***** to tell me where their base is or to attack mine, the least I can do is troll the **** out of them.

Not at all, that's why I added
(not that i believe anything he says though, he has proven that himself many times)

I'm just pointing out how you are not fit for a job as moderator in a commercial game.

staxjax wrote:Hey *******, its hard to [ab]use something that doesn't exist.

You see.

They may or may not exist, again, as moderator, you are totally of track.

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Unfortunately, right now, in this thread...I am not a moderator.

You just dont get it do you? IRC has absolutely nothing to do with the forums, it is not even endorsed by Paradox and will never be endorsed...if they wanted a chat room they could moderate themselves they would require loftar to implement global chat in-game. Even if that were the case, that still would have nothing to do with the forums. Tell me why somebody that plays the game is not allowed to monitor the forums to make sure that the rules are not being broken? I have not, and will never, moderate a thread that I am participating in. I am very good at following rules and dealing with people like you, that alone is why I am a moderator.

staxjax

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Ok, enough of the moderator abuse discussion. There's a thread for this. If you don't like the decisions made, take it up with TotalyMoo privately. Anymore discussion on it out of it's proper place will get bans.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby darnokpl » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:Who the ***** cares, no one needs to see his town and just because you drool over his ***** all the time dosen't mean he owes you anything.

What? Why so much hate mate, all I want is to learn from best, so I care about his town:)

Tonkyhonk wrote:if you find stax or any of his mates actually exploiting, you should report so.

I found one ^ of his mates (confirmed on IRC), no info about bug abuse, so far :)

staxjax wrote:Darnokpl, incase you missed it:
I did not have a village and my hermitage can be seen on this thread

And our forum-fight started coz you didn't wanted to show these camp :lol:
darnokpl

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:45 pm

darnokpl wrote:I found one ^ of his mates (confirmed on IRC), no info about bug abuse, so far :)

Confirming a troll in IRC is not considered proof.

darnokpl wrote:And our forum-fight started coz you didn't wanted to show these camp :lol:

No, you just need to learn how to read.

staxjax

Postby Realak » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Instead of all this guesstimating on what will happen with custom clients, lets face facts.

1. History repeats itself.

2. HnH custom clients went horribly wrong. Tons of people had secret clients with all sorts of farming scripts,mining scripts etc etc
(In b4 "hurr durrr all these clients are public now" - "My response is yes, after the game is dead they came out...lolol"

Basically if you had a good bot/script writer in your village in hnh, everything was automated that people didn't like doing.

TLDR - History will repeat itself, and it's beyond moronic to allow custom clients to stay around, especially when this game goes live, and people have dropped money into the game.

Been farming hard for weeks and still no better tier cotton? Hurr durr the hay bot farmers already have higher tier cotton in like the first week.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
Realak

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:05 pm

staxjax wrote:....

You don't get it do you, it doesn't matter where or what, the point is you don't say things like you did about a game where you also moderate the forum.
Your behaviour clearly shows a slight touch of immaturity, which contradicts your age of 28 by miles.

You seem offended so fast each time you get criticism, it makes it fun to wind you up !

I am just concerned for the future playerbase, since a lot of people will turn away by seeing your expressions.

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill