Custom clients: Cheating and player retention

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Custom clients: Cheating and player retention

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I hope loftar will make perfect client soon. I think there shouldn't be any "official" 3rd party clients in any serious game. But mostly every serious MMO game allows user to customize ui and this feature should be. loftar's RemoteUI can be modified to use with xml-based skin definitions (for example). If some sort of this thing will be implemented, there will be no needs in 90% of current gui tweaks.

I think J&L should use community's power to make their game better, and first step is to add a good way to help. There are lots of faithful fans even from HnH (me too ofc ^^) who can help in any way. Nowdays there are big number of such examples (Valve with Dota 2 Workshop, Bethesda with TES Editor etc) where people work for fame or some type of fee.
You can call me 'arh'. No needs to distort my nickname :)
APXEOLOG

Postby fox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Apxeolog, u are still not banned? ¦]

p.s. custom clients is evil :mrgreen:
Last edited by fox on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Unaussprechlichen Kulten
Image De Furtivis Literarum Notis by Giovanni Battista della Porta
fox

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

alloin wrote:
Dallane wrote:odd you changing that when you have your own thread where you destroy settlements

I'm not threatening that I will use exploits for it, and I don't use them at all.

LOL

so you living in ***** ville aka the darkness isn't exploiting? stfu and give some scents
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Realak wrote:2. HnH custom clients went horribly wrong. Tons of people had secret clients with all sorts of farming scripts,mining scripts etc etc
(In b4 "hurr durrr all these clients are public now" - "My response is yes, after the game is dead they came out...lolol"

just because you were 2 stupid or didn't know the right people doesn't mean they were not public. A nice message to burg would net you pande client, a forum search would get you KT and combing through enders along with other threads on there you will find the clients.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby fox » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:57 pm

Dallane wrote:
Realak wrote:2. HnH custom clients went horribly wrong. Tons of people had secret clients with all sorts of farming scripts,mining scripts etc etc
(In b4 "hurr durrr all these clients are public now" - "My response is yes, after the game is dead they came out...lolol"

just because you were 2 stupid or didn't know the right people doesn't mean they were not public. A nice message to burg would net you pande client, a forum search would get you KT and combing through enders along with other threads on there you will find the clients.

it's not a full client and not all futures ¦]
Image Unaussprechlichen Kulten
Image De Furtivis Literarum Notis by Giovanni Battista della Porta
fox

Postby alloin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Dallane wrote:so you living in ***** ville aka the darkness isn't exploiting? stfu and give some scents

I didn't knew living is the darkness is exploiting...
unlike editting the games textures to make farmfields smaller... still not exploiting, but gives a fair advantage because more fields fit in a smaller place
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:03 pm

alloin wrote:
Dallane wrote:so you living in ***** ville aka the darkness isn't exploiting? stfu and give some scents

I didn't knew living is the darkness is exploiting...
unlike editting the games textures to make farmfields smaller... still not exploiting, but gives a fair advantage because more fields fit in a smaller place

when have i ever said i didn't abuse stuff? ITS MAH JAWB

i'd post the more screens but you cry babies can't even handle my 160 farmland where 10 should be.

and yes living in the darkness is abusing mechanics. wait till we find you and see if my abuse can counter the darkness. post those coords for beta testing plz

Dallane

Postby staxjax » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:05 pm

The dev's are well aware that the farm tiles can overlap. Anybody can do this, with or without client modifications. It is not game breaking and doesn't give an advantage...its just easier on the eyes for the user. If they would fix it, people wouldn't be able to do it, problem solved.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby L33LEE » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:12 pm

staxjax wrote:The dev's are well aware that the farm tiles can overlap. Anybody can do this, with or without client modifications. It is not game breaking and doesn't give an advantage...its just easier on the eyes for the user. If they would fix it, people wouldn't be able to do it, problem solved.

This is hardly farm tile overlapping now is it jax ?

http://i.imgur.com/ITADt.jpg

Doing stuff like this in any normal "good commercial game" would result in serious banning.

If salem wishes to survive (I want it to) things need to change.

I just get the vibe from people like you jax and dallane, you only want a neich little community of 50 players and nothing ever more, when new people come along with idears suggestions etc, they are instantly shot down, called "care bears" etc etc, because your all the epix 1337 pros from hnh, times change, things change, paradox etc should be listening to its "concerned growing new members" than sticking by old moto's. Times change, players bases change, and if salem wish's to grow and become a competitive mmo it needs to start changing also, and people like you jax seem like the people who want to keep it behind in the dark ages.

EDIT: There is a fine line between bug finding in a "commercial closed beta" were people are spending real money, and bug abusing for personal gain were people who have invested real money could lose out big time from people "bug abusing etc".

EDIT: You kill me legitly ? np thats how the game roles. You kill me from bug abuse ? Things start to get seriously messy in how the game should be running.

I got 1 simple solution to problems like this which most other games would consider. Full wipe, after all the bugs / loopholes etc are fixed but its been confirmed several times that will never happen, and in my eyes something as small as this can make or break a game.
Last edited by L33LEE on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Dallane » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 pm

L33LEE wrote:
staxjax wrote:The dev's are well aware that the farm tiles can overlap. Anybody can do this, with or without client modifications. It is not game breaking and doesn't give an advantage...its just easier on the eyes for the user. If they would fix it, people wouldn't be able to do it, problem solved.

This is hardly farm tile overlapping now is it jax ?

http://i.imgur.com/ITADt.jpg

thats exactly what that is. go tile a field right now and click any where on the field to put another down.

Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill