Release?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Release?

Postby painhertz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:55 am

Discuss. (Bearing in mind that this is also the release date for Magna Mundi which was cancelled months ago.)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Re: Release?

Postby Ass_Kraken » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

Q5 2012
Ass_Kraken

Postby Vibe » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 am

Are there even regular updates on this game? Doesn't look like it's being developed judging from the announcements. If it in fact is, you should make it more clear to the beta testers at least. Also, will there be a wipe come release?
Vibe

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:26 am

Vibe wrote:Are there even regular updates on this game? Doesn't look like it's being developed judging from the announcements. If it in fact is, you should make it more clear to the beta testers at least. Also, will there be a wipe come release?

there are devs words around if you bother to read. if you cant find any, try my paper :p
also, no wipes planned for the time being, which is explained many times by both devs and paradox(TotalyMoo) side.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 am

Tonkyhonk wrote:also, no wipes planned for the time being, which is explained many times by both devs and paradox(TotalyMoo) side.

I believe it was said no "complete wipes", which means the map could be reset without wiping characters, etc.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Tonkyhonk wrote:also, no wipes planned for the time being, which is explained many times by both devs and paradox(TotalyMoo) side.

I believe it was said no "complete wipes", which means the map could be reset without wiping characters, etc.

its a possibility but i dont think thats what they're planning for the time being, since paradox would rather want to avoid "giving purchased (shop purchase) silver back" for the personal claims ;) after all, their plan is to have this multi-server support to avoid such wipes iirc, and that is exactly why we havent gotten much content updates as of late.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:58 pm

As far as I'm concerned, they should just do another full wipe as there's still some pretty serious issues with some mechanics that, without a wipe, will leave some players significantly ahead of others.

Anyway, the way I read the statement (from jorb I believe), there will be at least one more partial wipe (good chance it is just a map--can't see just a character wipe occurring), but maybe I read it wrong.

As far as a Dec 2012 release, we'll see. Maybe if they get the multi-server support finished in the next few weeks.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Realak » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm

There has to be a wipe. Certain mechanics can't be caught up to in this world.

The people with hay bots who had higher tier crops in like the first week is a big issue. People understand alot more about purity raising etc etc.

Alot of other mechanics as well. Just rolling out a new server that people from the original server can go to and grief/raid would cause massive problems.

I for one, will burn every single new claim I could find in the new world servers, even if they make it off hands for a bit, they will never catch up, time will always be on our side.

Is there any additional purity going to be added it? or is this it?

why put the launch date up, when the game is still so uncomplete? lacks so much content.

confused.
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
Realak

Postby milonti » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:32 pm

More than likely this wasnt decided by Seatribe. Hell, that could be GameSpot ***** and making a guess. Game reviewers do that sort of thing a lot.
milonti

Postby painhertz » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 pm

milonti wrote:More than likely this wasnt decided by Seatribe. Hell, that could be GameSpot ***** and making a guess. Game reviewers do that sort of thing a lot.

I read their "new pc game releases" section every couple of weeks and have yet to see a game not release the week they stated it would....

(Again bearing in mind that Magna Mundi, which was supposed to be produced by Paradox was cancelled a couple of months ago and is still on that list.)
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Next

Return to City upon a Hill