Release?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Release?

Postby Vibe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:44 am

painhertz wrote:
milonti wrote:More than likely this wasnt decided by Seatribe. Hell, that could be GameSpot ***** and making a guess. Game reviewers do that sort of thing a lot.

I read their "new pc game releases" section every couple of weeks and have yet to see a game not release the week they stated it would....

(Again bearing in mind that Magna Mundi, which was supposed to be produced by Paradox was cancelled a couple of months ago and is still on that list.)

Yes, but the release date does say "Cancelled"
Vibe

Postby Darwoth » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 pm

the only reason myself and many others are playing right now is because it was stated there would be no character wipes so i doubt there will be, the reason that you will not be able to transfer to new servers for months after it opens is to prevent developed characters from killing everyone.
Darwoth

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 am

Darwoth wrote:the only reason myself and many others are playing right now is because it was stated there would be no character wipes

where was it stated? i dont think ive seen one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Darwoth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:58 am

i am talking about the various statements that is is now "closed commercial beta", the repeated mentioning there will most likely not be a "full wipe" combined with the push for multi server support and the clarifyng that old characters wotn be able to transfer for several months.

to me and everyone else i have spoken to that means the characters being made now will be kept and either the world or player created structures and claims within the world will be wiped.

as for where all of the above was said you probably know as well as i do as i am sure you have seen them, dont feel like searching for posts.
Darwoth

Postby Realak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:04 am

Darwoth wrote:the only reason myself and many others are playing right now is because it was stated there would be no character wipes so i doubt there will be, the reason that you will not be able to transfer to new servers for months after it opens is to prevent developed characters from killing everyone.

The problem is, the older server will ALWAYS be just a little more developed and stronger, so isn't this stupid? The older server will always have better purity unless they choose to migrate. Obviously the raiders on this server, will:

1. Hearthvault in darkness
2. Raid other servers.
3. Profit.

I've actually been kind of lax on playing lately as I truly believe they will initiate a wipe when the new servers come out.

How could they not? It would be only fair. And they should, it makes sense whether you like it or not. This is beta, we signed up for this torture and waste of irl hours remember?

If they don't reset server, they might keep this one as a test realm for new content, but it not be connected to the main game. (not a bad idea)
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby staxjax » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:08 am

Realak wrote:1. Hearthvault in darkness

Enjoy them while you can.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:15 am

Realak wrote:
Darwoth wrote:the only reason myself and many others are playing right now is because it was stated there would be no character wipes so i doubt there will be, the reason that you will not be able to transfer to new servers for months after it opens is to prevent developed characters from killing everyone.

The problem is, the older server will ALWAYS be just a little more developed and stronger, so isn't this stupid? The older server will always have better purity unless they choose to migrate. Obviously the raiders on this server, will:

2. Raid other servers.
3. Profit.

I've actually been kind of lax on playing lately as I truly believe they will initiate a wipe when the new servers come out.

How could they not? It would be only fair. And they should, it makes sense whether you like it or not. This is beta, we signed up for this torture and waste of irl hours remember?

If they don't reset server, they might keep this one as a test realm for new content, but it not be connected to the main game. (not a bad idea)

They already said they are waiting a few months b4 ppl can xfer. If you can't catch up in 2 months with humors and econ then you have done something very wrong
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Realak » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:17 am

Dallane wrote:
Realak wrote:

2. Raid other servers.
3. Profit.

They already said they are waiting a few months b4 ppl can xfer. If you can't catch up in 2 months with humors and econ then you have done something very wrong

but why would the first server let them catch up? You act like the first server will just stop grinding purity. They will always be that much stronger...
Oops. I Dropped My Doritos. ¦]
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼
Realak

Postby Dallane » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 am

Realak wrote:but why would the first server let them catch up? You act like the first server will just stop grinding purity. They will always be that much stronger...

You can only go so high
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:52 am

Darwoth wrote:i am talking about the various statements that is is now "closed commercial beta", the repeated mentioning there will most likely not be a "full wipe" combined with the push for multi server support[...]

Don't ya just love it when you answer your own question?
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill