Best Way To Timelapse? Update 14/11/12

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Best Way To Timelapse? Update 14/11/12

Postby colesie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I'm thinking of doing a timelapse of building a settlement shortly (Once I get all of the skills needed to do it alone) and I was wondering what the best way to go about it would be?
At the moment all I can think of is letting an alt stand facing towards the build site with a program recording the whole time but that would mean that I would need to have my laptop or something running the screen while I build on my home computer. The other option is to just record as I build on my character. Any opinions on what would be better for viewing?

Didn't feel like putting this in the help sub-forum because it's also a question of what you would all prefer.
Last edited by colesie on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beep Boop Bop
My builds (Under Occupation)
Have you given haven a try? ◕‿◕
colesie

Re: Best Way To Timelapse?

Postby Dallane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 am

colesie wrote:I'm thinking of doing a timelapse of building a settlement shortly (Once I get all of the skills needed to do it alone) and I was wondering what the best way to go about it would be?
At the moment all I can think of is letting an alt stand facing towards the build site with a program recording the whole time but that would mean that I would need to have my laptop or something running the screen while I build on my home computer. The other option is to just record as I build on my character. Any opinions on what would be better for viewing?

Didn't feel like putting this in the help sub-forum because it's also a question of what you would all prefer.

using a alt would prolly have the best end result
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:39 am

i'd use an alt and some kind of automation software to screenshot every minute or whatever framerate you want
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby colesie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:29 am

sabinati wrote:i'd use an alt and some kind of automation software to screenshot every minute or whatever framerate you want

Do you have an example for the software? The problem being that I'll need to take breaks for food and whatnot so I'm trying to figure out the best way to piece it all together. Another idea is placing an alt in the very centre with the camera directly above it
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:55 am

colesie wrote:
sabinati wrote:i'd use an alt and some kind of automation software to screenshot every minute or whatever framerate you want

Do you have an example for the software? The problem being that I'll need to take breaks for food and whatnot so I'm trying to figure out the best way to piece it all together. Another idea is placing an alt in the very centre with the camera directly above it

This feels like the best idea. Have an alt running on a laptop and take screenies every 30 secs or minute using fraps.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Lusewing » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:54 am

Or if you don't want to shell out for fraps use Bandicam like me. You can set the intervals to what ever you like and so long as you don't mine a little water mark along the top edge you don't even have to pay.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby sabinati » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm

colesie wrote:

well i'm not sure but i would imagine something like autohotkey + some screenshot software, unless you have a mac
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby colesie » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't have a mac. I'll try and steal a version of Fraps to try out maybe. At the moment I'm still working on the skills needed for the build anyways.
Beep Boop Bop
colesie

Postby TotalyMoo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 pm

colesie wrote:I don't have a mac. I'll try and LEGALLY AQUIRE a version of Fraps to try out maybe. At the moment I'm still working on the skills needed for the build anyways.

I corrected that for you to avoid a warning. :)
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Dallane » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:
colesie wrote:I don't have a mac. I'll try and LEGALLY AQUIRE a version of Fraps to try out maybe. At the moment I'm still working on the skills needed for the build anyways.

I corrected that for you to avoid a warning. :)

great more mod abuse and favoritism.....
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Next

Return to City upon a Hill