April Teaser

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: April Teaser

Postby Procne » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:23 pm

I just realized I haven't been to a pine forest in a few months, so I asked
Procne

Postby alloin » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Procne wrote:I just realized I haven't been to a pine forest in a few months, so I asked

Yeah you can already find them ingame as regular spawned item on the ground
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby lachlaan » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Perhaps it's not quite missing tiles and he has instead added a fog of war of sorts? Other than that, the only thing i can think of are scary mystery zones, where you have no clue what is inside via minimap and instead need to get in screen range of it, not that that's really close anyway.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:10 pm

lachlaan wrote:Perhaps it's not quite missing tiles and he has instead added a fog of war of sorts? Other than that, the only thing i can think of are scary mystery zones, where you have no clue what is inside via minimap and instead need to get in screen range of it, not that that's really close anyway.

I was wondering that as well.
Tulgarath

Postby Lusewing » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Oh Im not playing the standard client for any big reason, I just want to make tutorial videos for new players and I feel they would be better off presented using the standard client. If I used any of the other clients (like I have done in the past) I know I would never be able to switch back and forth for videos.
That said there is very little wrong with the current client and other then having to watch my step a little more due to not having animals or other players presented on my minimap (With animals its a fun jump scare, people are still a real worry though).

Winter is coming? PLEASE say we are getting seasons!!!! Having a big spot showing what season we are in would make sense and it would be a constant thing, and the idea that witchs could change it to something like the season of the witch would be fantastic and really exciting!
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Tulgarath » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Lusewing wrote:Oh Im not playing the standard client for any big reason, I just want to make tutorial videos for new players and I feel they would be better off presented using the standard client. If I used any of the other clients (like I have done in the past) I know I would never be able to switch back and forth for videos.
That said there is very little wrong with the current client and other then having to watch my step a little more due to not having animals or other players presented on my minimap (With animals its a fun jump scare, people are still a real worry though).

Winter is coming? PLEASE say we are getting seasons!!!! Having a big spot showing what season we are in would make sense and it would be a constant thing, and the idea that witchs could change it to something like the season of the witch would be fantastic and really exciting!

Having a moon and a lunar cycle would be great in its own right
Tulgarath

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:35 pm

Lusewing wrote:Winter is coming? PLEASE say we are getting seasons!!!! Having a big spot showing what season we are in would make sense and it would be a constant thing, and the idea that witchs could change it to something like the season of the witch would be fantastic and really exciting!

That certainly would be a amazing idea. I just hope our awesome devs do this!
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kandarim » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:59 pm

remember: it's not your idea, you're just reminding JC of his awesome idea.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Tulgarath » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:12 pm

It just dawned on me. ..knowing JC that black spot on the map was a locust or killer bee swarm.
Tulgarath

Postby Procne » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:22 pm

Tulgarath wrote:It just dawned on me. ..knowing JC that black spot on the map was a locust or killer bee swarm.

Most likely it's some kind of terrain. Maybe some kind of witch-corrupted burnt ground?
Procne

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill