Public TeamSpeak Channel for any Streamer or Questions

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Public TeamSpeak Channel for any Streamer or Questions

Postby Claeyt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:29 am

Image

Recently the 'Unofficial Public Vent Channel' for Salem went down and I sort of miss it.

I talked to Kwaad and he's okay with us using his TeamSpeak server for the general public. It has a Salem channel along with many other games for players. You are able to make temporary Public channels in TeamSpeak on the server for town use or random drama. I can't be on as much as Bankee was on his vent channel so if their are any problem children on it, PM me here on the forum.

The same rules as Bankee's channel would apply: No racism/IRL trolling or stuff like that, but Kwaad says we can swear as much as we want. :D

His TeamSpeak Server:

ts.knoc.org

and the Salem channel is half way down.

Don't go into the other game channels in use unless you are playing that game. Any annoying people will be banned permanently from the server.

Edit: To make a Temporary Channel for your town or team to use, right click on 'Publc' and 'Create Channel'. This will create a channel for your own temporary use. The Channel will disappear once all users leave. This will not be a private channel but it will be outside the Salem channel for private talks and planning. You will be able to see anyone who joins the channel.

Edit: This channel is open to all the streamers we have now so your words may be streamed on Twitch or somewhere so be very careful what you say. This is a public channel, don't come on it unless you want to be heard. As for Streamers feel free to make a sub-channel within the Salem channel for your use on Twitch if you want to talk to people in your chat. Feel free to give the channel address out to players AS LONG AS YOU ARE PLAYING SALEM.
Last edited by Claeyt on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:08 am, edited 21 times in total.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child


As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Kwaad » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:43 am

Claeyt wrote:Recently the Unofficial public Vent channel for Salem went down and I sort of miss it.
The same rules as Bankee's channel would apply: No racism/IRL trolling or stuff like that, but Kwaad says we can swear as much as we want. :D

His TeamSpeak Server:

ts.knoc.org

and the Salem channel is half way down.

Just to confirm, everybody is free to join the teamspeak. And no this server won't (shouldn't) go down, I have been hosting it for over 5 years already. The 200 slots (and fiber 500/500 connection) available should be enough I think.
Kwaad
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:30 am

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Argentis » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:54 am

Thank you very much. I miss the Vent Chat too. I will swing by from time to time.
User avatar
Argentis
 
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:31 am

TS blows no thanks.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby King_Nothing » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:41 am

I will probably not hang around there a lot, but +1 for an unbiased server mod and such.
eat oatmeal crackers & worship deer jesus
Image
User avatar
King_Nothing
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:31 pm
Location: DANMARK

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:43 am

King_Nothing wrote:I will probably not hang around there a lot, but +1 for an unbiased server mod and such.


I'm sorry that team speak is just terrible. I also find that its funny the cleayt has to post instead of the actual owner.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Claeyt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:44 pm

Dallane wrote:
King_Nothing wrote:I will probably not hang around there a lot, but +1 for an unbiased server mod and such.


I'm sorry that team speak is just terrible. I also find that its funny the cleayt has to post instead of the actual owner.

Kwaad doesn't play much anymore. I just wanted to ask him before I posted, but he was nice enough to add to the post.

Teamspeak is so much better than vent it's amazing. IMO. It takes a little more but it's worth it.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child


As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Dallane » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Claeyt wrote:Teamspeak is so much better than vent it's amazing. IMO. It takes a little more but it's worth it.


It's really not

>IMO :lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15029
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby bashnagdul » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:56 pm

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Teamspeak is so much better than vent it's amazing. IMO. It takes a little more but it's worth it.


It's really not

>IMO :lol:


why is or isnt it better?
jsut saying "i hate it" isnt really an argument.

i bet you started out with vent dallane, and cleayt started out with TS.

i think thats all there is to it.
User avatar
bashnagdul
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Re: Unofficial Public TeamSpeak Channel for Salem

Postby Claeyt » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 pm

bashnagdul wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Teamspeak is so much better than vent it's amazing. IMO. It takes a little more but it's worth it.


It's really not

>IMO :lol:


why is or isnt it better?
jsut saying "i hate it" isnt really an argument.

i bet you started out with vent dallane, and cleayt started out with TS.

i think thats all there is to it.

I've used both for awhile now and Teamspeak is just easier to use and much more clear in it's menu options. Vent is overly complicated
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child


As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
User avatar
Claeyt
 
Posts: 5166
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Next

Return to City upon a Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests