The Dutch Outpost Q&A

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

The Dutch Outpost Q&A

Postby Delsus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Hello there, Dutch Outpost folks. I am just curious; are you trying to make something like a "World Trade Center" of sorts? If your group does sell things & has people who speak several different languages, it would sound like so. It'd interesting to see this sort of wide-range market, unlike how in Boston, with few people & all of them selling their goods, stand-less. A professional market in Salem? Priceless.

I think that player-built towns/cities, view-sites, markets, & etc. are simply fantastic, so if you ever decide to bring your market/dealership to that sort of, I'd like to come see it sometime. Good luck with your sales!

Mod note: split off from the original Dutch Outpost thread at request of the thread creator.
Delsus

Re: The Dutch Outpost (multilingual)

Postby Pjotr84 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Well, Delsus, an actual physical trading hub would be nice, of course, but I'm certainly not going to risk it. Obviously we have quite a lot of stuff stored, so I wouldn't like to see someone using a trade as a spying mission prior to a raid. In the end, the claim we have won't last, since it'll be found eventually, but I'd like to keep it intact as long as I can.

As for the multilingual part, I had expected more non-English speaking people to trade with us, but I haven't had to speak a word of German or Russian yet.
Last edited by Pjotr84 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby Delsus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Mmm; I can understand that. I know that could happen; I'm just curious to hear what sort of ideas people have for fixing that sort of problem. I have a few defense designs, but they require a good few materials to begin with, or specific terrain...which I may use in the future. You could keep the storage center & actual trade posts separate...I can PM you with some ideas, if you'd like. Simple, but...still.

As for the languages...we don't seem to have many Russians or Germans on the board. Except for the naked kind. :)
Delsus

Postby Feedzor » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:14 pm

It would be awesome to be able to build a city or town where we could have a *safe* free-market as such in Boston. But yes, it's too dangerous to do so right now without risking the opportunity to get raided. Building a claim or town of that kind far away from our own house won't work because there is no way to travel a bit faster between your own claims..
Feedzor

Postby Delsus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Feedzor wrote:It would be awesome to be able to build a city or town where we could have a *safe* free-market as such in Boston. But yes, it's too dangerous to do so right now without risking the opportunity to get raided. Building a claim or town of that kind far away from our own house won't work because there is no way to travel a bit faster between your own claims..

Not true; with the implementation of boats, travel will become much faster.
Delsus

Postby Procne » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

There aren't as many rivers in Salem as there in H&H. You can't get everywhere by boat
Procne

Postby Delsus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 pm

True, but regardless, you can still travel quicker. I wouldn't doubt that a person would, in the future, ride in a boat or two with his allies, kill people/raid a town, bring the wanted resources/items/etc. onto the boat, & then run away. If they were further away than a stream could take them, someone could load up the boat after a raid, sail to a shore closest to their homesteads, & then carry the boat by themselves to their base, or use a sled. Atleast, that is how I see it.
Delsus

Re: The Dutch Outpost Q&A

Postby Pjotr84 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:19 am

Following up on Feedzor's last comment, I think there's currently little need for a trade hub other than Boston. Granted, the trade system as it stands (through barrels), could use some work and is prone to theft/scams, but even then it's still better than a trade house somewhere in an unprotected area. The only advantage that I'd see to such a hub would be that it'd make trading of items, that can't be held in the inventory, possible. Then again, one might as well trade for the materials in Boston.
Mushibag wrote: Pjotr confirmed racist.

RIP Gemini
Pjotr84

Postby Dallane » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 am

I would love for this to happen and will be helping to keep it safe and going. Anyone who messes up the world market will be hunted down.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby csnow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:35 am

seems very interesting
ImageImage
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
csnow

Next

Return to City upon a Hill