Nameless NPCs

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Nameless NPCs

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:03 pm

From what i can tell there are 4 NPCs in the game that are unique. I'm not counting the guides since they are all clones but they could each use a good name. First 3 are in the docks and the other is in town. Wondering if Jorbtar had plans of naming these fine fellows and what everyone else calls them.

My names for em:
Sex guy
Hair guy
Captain name your character
Mr. Mayor
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Re: Nameless NPCs

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I call them...

Click this
Click that
Finish here
Totally a wilderness guide
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Tylan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Sex guy - Jimmy the Diddler
Hair guy - Alfonzo
Captain Percival S. Penniless
Mayor - Samson Solomon

To me, it' not the names that are as important as the back-story. You see, Jimmy and Alfonzo are brothers who, along with Captain Penniless, are plotting for the downfall of Mother England by supplying her colonies with an offensively large quantity of the most belligerent, obnoxious, drama-mongering souls they can rake in off the street and trap aboard their vessel. Jimmy is also planning to ship Alfonzo to the Americas as well due to speculation that Alfonzo had been involved with Jimmy's former love, the yet-to-be-seen character Beatrice, Mayor Solomon's daughter! BUT, unbeknownst to Jimmy, though apparent to anyone who has spoken with the green-haired Adonis, Alfonzo's tastes are anything but the norm, and his interest in Beatrice, or any other woman, has been nonexistent. Further, Solomon himself is a witch, controlling hi automaton guides to scatter the souls of Boston to the wind under the guise of spreading civilization. In reality, he is only drawing them further apart, separating them to cause strife and distrust, peaking their curiosity in the darkness and things that ought not be sought out.

Will Alfonzo be shoved onto the next ship to Boston, giving locals a means of switching their do? Will the female NPC Beatrice come out of the dry coffers of one of the many inaccessible buildings? Will Mayor Solomon show the people of Salem his true colors to provide some kind of end-game and story-based fervor?

Probably not. :cry:
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 pm

Tylan wrote:Sex guy - Jimmy the Diddler
Hair guy - Alfonzo
Captain Percival S. Penniless
Mayor - Samson Solomon

To me, it' not the names that are as important as the back-story. You see, Jimmy and Alfonzo are brothers who, along with Captain Penniless, are plotting for the downfall of Mother England by supplying her colonies with an offensively large quantity of the most belligerent, obnoxious, drama-mongering souls they can rake in off the street and trap aboard their vessel. Jimmy is also planning to ship Alfonzo to the Americas as well due to speculation that Alfonzo had been involved with Jimmy's former love, the yet-to-be-seen character Beatrice, Mayor Solomon's daughter! BUT, unbeknownst to Jimmy, though apparent to anyone who has spoken with the green-haired Adonis, Alfonzo's tastes are anything but the norm, and his interest in Beatrice, or any other woman, has been nonexistent. Further, Solomon himself is a witch, controlling hi automaton guides to scatter the souls of Boston to the wind under the guise of spreading civilization. In reality, he is only drawing them further apart, separating them to cause strife and distrust, peaking their curiosity in the darkness and things that ought not be sought out.

Will Alfonzo be shoved onto the next ship to Boston, giving locals a means of switching their do? Will the female NPC Beatrice come out of the dry coffers of one of the many inaccessible buildings? Will Mayor Solomon show the people of Salem his true colors to provide some kind of end-game and story-based fervor?

Probably not. :cry:

I have no clue what I just read but +1 to this.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Un1ted » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Forget about nameless, they're faceless too!
Un1ted

Postby Uberness » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:07 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:I have no clue what I just read but +1 to this.

when I read his post I thought to myself "this guy has problems", and after reading your post I thought to myself "ok this guy has even bigger problems"

and I always thought of the guy you're calling a mayor as a preacher, you know the crazy kind that stand out in the street screaming at people to repent...but isn't he actually a banker?
Uberness

Postby Tylan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Uberness wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:I have no clue what I just read but +1 to this.

when I read his post I thought to myself "this guy has problems", and after reading your post I thought to myself "ok this guy has even bigger problems"

and I always thought of the guy you're calling a mayor as a preacher, you know the crazy kind that stand out in the street screaming at people to repent...but isn't he actually a banker?

We're a community of people playing a game in which our characters can be permanently killed and it takes days to build a home. Problems abound, my friend 8-)

And yeah, he's a banker, but since he's the only banker there and the fanciest dressed NPC, I think mayor suits him for a title. Or emperor. Duke? Viscount?
jorb wrote:you fat-fingered, trigger happy nabbly-boos.

We write as a defense against the void, against the unknown that is the other side of death.
-C. Leland
Tylan

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:19 pm

lol is he a banker? i haven't bought silver yet. He will always be mr mayor to me
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Dallane wrote:lol is he a banker? i haven't bought silver yet. He will always be mr mayor to me

Yep. Don't need to buy silver to click on him and see you have 0 in the bank ;)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 pm

We're going to eventually personalize and diversify the ingame shops a bit. Names will be had at one point or another.
jorb

Next

Return to City upon a Hill