Forum Pet Peeves

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:31 am

masau wrote:Realizing that I've started spending more time reading/making forum posts than I've spent actually playing XD . Happens eventually in so many games I play...

you have? Man, I'm definitely spending way too much time on the forum, then. ;)

I hate massive, ugly derails. Off topic is fine when the conversation is meandering about in a natural way, but just blatantly derailing threads... man, that gets my goat.

Oh, and ***** at the new guy just cause he's new and has questions.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:32 am

not being able to ban people
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby masau » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 am

When a disgruntled ex-admin decides to trash your forum by deleting everything.

Being conned into being a forum admin when moving to a new forum after the original gets trashed by a disgruntled admin, despite repeatedly stating I don't want to be an admin (heck...I didn't even want to be a moderator but wasn't given much choice there either).

Needing to ban people. Most disappointing part of the job of being a forum admin.

When a forum dies :( . I miss that forum...so much drama and so much pure awesomeness...
masau

Postby TrisDa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 am

Un1ted wrote:What really drives me up the wall is people creating threads asking others to talk about things that drive them up the wall.

It also drives me up the wall when people think that talking about what bugs us will make us get along better, and that it would in some way get more people to start using the forum.

I feel there are shy people who don't post because they don't want to get burned by othersImage

To me asking someone what pisses them is a great way to,I think, to avoid unintentionally pissing off that person in the future. Also lets be honest I know you guys love to ***** so this thread is also my gift to you guys.

Ps please don't feel that I'm telling you to be nicer I like you guys just the way you are. :D
Being A Good Knitter Is 3% Talent, 97% Not Being Distracted By Salem
TrisDa

Postby masau » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:10 am

Seeing bounties placed on other players on the forum. And knowing there's not one on me...I feel so worthless :( .
masau

Postby MrEllu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:46 am

Seeing so many whiners at the forum, "Devs need to turn of perma death" or something like a that (we all Haven and heart veterans know they will never do that)

Drama threads are mostly fine but I hate it when people don't realize that this is "just" a game and start raging about some little thing. But I read their posts for cheap laughs
MrEllu

Postby Tonkyhonk » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:54 am

seeing some stereotyping and alpha male syndrome rage.

sabinati wrote:not being able to ban people

you abandoned your power on purpose though 8-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Superiodity » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:52 pm

I'd like to add People creating a trade thread in order to sell 3 arrowheads and 1 singing log to my list.
Superiodity

Postby sabinati » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:seeing some stereotyping and alpha male syndrome rage.

sabinati wrote:not being able to ban people

you abandoned your power on purpose though 8-)

yes, and it was for the best, but that doesn't mean i don't still want to ban some asshats
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby painhertz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:56 pm

Hmmm... forum peeves. I hate when people single me out to attack both in game and in the forums because I have a slightly noteworthy name in Haven. I ALSO hate the childish, everyone pile on mentality that goes with this when every 3 post noob jumps in with their 2 cents despite not knowing me at all.

And most of all, more than anything, I hate when noobs ask questions that have been answered and can quite easily be found with a minimum of searching. This generation today is so used to instant gratification that the availability of things like Wikipedia and Google are taken for granted to an extant that stuns me. When I was a kid and wanted to know something? I went to the frikken library or just plain old didn't know it...... None of this "All of the World's Knowledge" in one place deals....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill