Forum Pet Peeves

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby Ghilliedhu » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm

painhertz wrote:Hmmm... forum peeves. I hate when people single me out to attack both in game and in the forums because I have a slightly noteworthy name in Haven. I ALSO hate the childish, everyone pile on mentality that goes with this when every 3 post noob jumps in with their 2 cents despite not knowing me at all.


LMAO, oh Papa Pain, you never cease to amaze. I can pretty much assure you that the reason you get singled out and attacked has absolutely nothing to do with your "slightly noteworthy" Haven account, and that it has everything to do with your attitude, who you are, and what you say. Thanks for the laugh though.

You name is "slightly noteworthy" in the Haven community for the same reason it is here; because you incessantly banter on like THIS,

painhertz wrote:And most of all, more than anything, I hate when noobs ask questions that have been answered and can quite easily be found with a minimum of searching. This generation today is so used to instant gratification that the availability of things like Wikipedia and Google are taken for granted to an extant that stuns me. When I was a kid and wanted to know something? I went to the frikken library or just plain old didn't know it...... None of this "All of the World's Knowledge" in one place deals....


We get it, you're 40, let's move on.


Forum Pet Peeves:

I personally love the drama, whether I am involved in it or not, it's always fun to read. In my opinion the generic flow of emotionally charged rage, tryhardery and stupidity of the forum is an integral part of the community and it should not be cast off in to the Valley of Hinnom at the random whim of whatever disgruntled moderator happens to be online. If anything at all, the Valley of Hinnom should simply be unlocked and left as an area for general discussion that caused derailment or turned in to a flamewar or something, so the heat and hilarity of the thread can be continued in a split off branch somewhere else.

Also, forums are super slow, I would love there to be an official skype community or IRC that is not run by tragic, self-important, aspergered neckbeards that aren't even part of the actual game community.
- Aleck
User avatar
Ghilliedhu
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:33 pm

Just for the record, I'm the only 'disgruntled moderator' here and I'm pretty much online all the time. And, I'll take out the garbage whenever it needs to be taken out.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
User avatar
staxjax
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby baronbowden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:38 pm

lol taking out the garbage....

Sir I call you a liar... I believe Relak and Pain post on a regular basis still:P
Last edited by baronbowden on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baronbowden
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby Raoul_Duke » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:08 pm

baronbowden wrote:lol taking out the garbage....

Sir I call you a liar... I believe Raoul and Pain post on a regular basis still:P

What the ***** is this? All of a sudden you think I'm Painhertz?... feel free to request an IP check on my account.
User avatar
Raoul_Duke
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby baronbowden » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 pm

oh shoot Raoul. Edited for clarity! I mixed you guys up accidently.

Meant Relak.
baronbowden
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby Dallane » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Ghilliedhu wrote:Also, forums are super slow, I would love there to be an official skype community or IRC that is not run by tragic, self-important, aspergered neckbeards that aren't even part of the actual game community.


there is both
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14851
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby staxjax » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:56 pm

We already know Raoul=Realak, baronbowden said so.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
User avatar
staxjax
 
Posts: 2845
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 am

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby painhertz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Ghilliedhu wrote:
painhertz wrote:Hmmm... forum peeves. I hate when people single me out to attack both in game and in the forums because I have a slightly noteworthy name in Haven. I ALSO hate the childish, everyone pile on mentality that goes with this when every 3 post noob jumps in with their 2 cents despite not knowing me at all.


LMAO, oh Papa Pain, you never cease to amaze. I can pretty much assure you that the reason you get singled out and attacked has absolutely nothing to do with your "slightly noteworthy" Haven account, and that it has everything to do with your attitude, who you are, and what you say. Thanks for the laugh though.

You name is "slightly noteworthy" in the Haven community for the same reason it is here; because you incessantly banter on like THIS,

painhertz wrote:And most of all, more than anything, I hate when noobs ask questions that have been answered and can quite easily be found with a minimum of searching. This generation today is so used to instant gratification that the availability of things like Wikipedia and Google are taken for granted to an extant that stuns me. When I was a kid and wanted to know something? I went to the frikken library or just plain old didn't know it...... None of this "All of the World's Knowledge" in one place deals....


We get it, you're 40, let's move on.


Forum Pet Peeves:

I personally love the drama, whether I am involved in it or not, it's always fun to read. In my opinion the generic flow of emotionally charged rage, tryhardery and stupidity of the forum is an integral part of the community and it should not be cast off in to the Valley of Hinnom at the random whim of whatever disgruntled moderator happens to be online. If anything at all, the Valley of Hinnom should simply be unlocked and left as an area for general discussion that caused derailment or turned in to a flamewar or something, so the heat and hilarity of the thread can be continued in a split off branch somewhere else.

Also, forums are super slow, I would love there to be an official skype community or IRC that is not run by tragic, self-important, aspergered neckbeards that aren't even part of the actual game community.


Thanks for proving my point....whomever the hell you are.

Edit: Oh, the filthy, Canadian hippie. Just like I figured, no one of import.....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
User avatar
painhertz
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:23 am

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby Ass_Kraken » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:48 pm

painhertz wrote:Thanks for proving my point....whomever the hell you are.


But the point I saw being supported throughout the entirety of the post was

Ghilliedhu wrote:I can pretty much assure you that the reason you get singled out and attacked has absolutely nothing to do with your "slightly noteworthy" Haven account, and that it has everything to do with your attitude, who you are, and what you say.
Image
User avatar
Ass_Kraken
 
Posts: 1277
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:19 pm

Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Postby painhertz » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:
painhertz wrote:Thanks for proving my point....whomever the hell you are.


But the point I saw being supported throughout the entirety of the post was

Ghilliedhu wrote:I can pretty much assure you that the reason you get singled out and attacked has absolutely nothing to do with your "slightly noteworthy" Haven account, and that it has everything to do with your attitude, who you are, and what you say.


And another.....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
User avatar
painhertz
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:23 am

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests