Soul howl to Jorb&Loftar

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Soul howl to Jorb&Loftar

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:03 pm

You are basing your judgment on a game that is nowhere near completion.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Tonkyhonk » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:15 pm

Kakandaville wrote:
Potjeh wrote:Objectively, Salem has far superior core mechanics, and thus I would say it's the better game. And I did play Haven first, thank you very much.

Thanks me for what? Ofcourse it may have better potential, but it may not use the potential.

the difference here is probably that Potjeh knows and remembers haven since w1 while you dont seem to.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Potjeh » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:21 pm

No, I literally mean that Salem as it is right now is superior to Haven as it is now, because Haven is just plain broken at it's core systems (like siege, learning, feasting etc.).
Potjeh

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Potjeh wrote:No, I literally mean that Salem as it is right now is superior to Haven as it is now, because Haven is just plain broken at it's core systems (like siege, learning, feasting etc.).

Whereas the Salem side of things are incomplete, but more fundamentally sound. (just to finish the thought)
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Kakandaville » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:42 pm

As i have already mentioned, some people love crysis also. And i played HnH since w3.
And considering online. How would you explain it? There were a lot of key giveaways and peak online was about 400 as i remember. While Hnh had more even being broken and dodgy.
Kakandaville

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Kakandaville wrote:As i have already mentioned, some people love crysis also. And i played HnH since w3.
And considering online. How would you explain it? There were a lot of key giveaways and peak online was about 400 as i remember. While Hnh had more even being broken and dodgy.

Because it's an incomplete game. People see "beta" and they think of a game two to four weeks prior to release: 90% complete and what isn't complete is, ideally, content players won't reach for at least a month after launch. (Why companies assume that, I've not a clue as they've been proven wrong every single time: Rift, SWTOR, EQII, LORTO, Conan, etc. etc. etc.)
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Kakandaville » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 am

Anyways we'll see what it will flow into. Haven hasn't released ever, being in betas all the time :D
Kakandaville

Postby Coffeemania » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 pm

sorry but i don't agree with money stuff at least. i started 2 or 3 weeks before. now i got all skills (even 75 stock 1), made all buildings and did not even have to sell anything to any player yet. money was a little bit challenge at start, i had to look for feathers for hours, but now its useless. growing plants , making irons , gathering leathers etc. i can make all things myself .. newer take any help from others even helped a lot to people i don't even know. so, what part of that game u need that much money?? u will have troubles at start that is all. now i got a banker purse with a lot of useless silver in it.
Coffeemania

Postby Coffeemania » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:03 pm

There is a reason why they are making closed beta for a free game--- its not complete

its mechanics, its story , graphics , contents ... not even 1 of them complete atm. Closed beta is for some people that are willing to play a -not complete- game and help the people that making it in progress by finding bugs and giving some suggestions that can make game better. I cant say i know HH, i would like to play but it had insane lag when i tryed so gave up. It seems a great game. But that 1 has much more potential as its still not complete. there are things that are better at other games, there are things that we think it will be better if it was a bit different. We can post them, and i bet at least a few of that suggestions will be in salem when game is ready. So we will have more fun = 3
Coffeemania

Postby Hardsun » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm

Palyed both and seeing Salem as a HnH v 2.0 and loving it ... and looking forward to see what Jorbtar will add in future ;)
About money - its a bit challenging at start (and its good). Then money is not a problem leter and i wont call it useless either ... at least im constantly manage to get and spend 500-1000 silver on trades, new mines claims, glass, sugar and backon for omelette plus town upkeep. Probably game need more ways of money sink but its hard to tell without tonns of testings and balance.
Hardsun

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill