Community Contest #1 - Fan Art!

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Community Contest #1 - Fan Art!

Postby MarpTarpton » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:06 pm

*****THE CONTEST IS OVER! THE RESULTS ARE IN!!! Out of 17 (valid) entries, these won -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11098&p=161147#p161147

Hello Salemites!

As much fun as in-game events are, we would like to encourage activity outside the game as well, among the community. For this reason, we will start hosting community events for the creative among you to express yourselves for a chance to win fantastic prizes.

To be eligible for this contest, we ask that you submit one piece of traditional or digital art (2D, as would go on a wall or be drawn by hand, for example) that relates to the game. It can be a scene, an item, a landscape, a DaVinci-esque anatomical chart of an argopelter, etc. The choices are limited only by your imagination and the scope of the rules, which are

1) The piece must be new, original, and done by YOU!
    2) Only one entry per person, so pick your best work.
    3) You agree, upon submission, to release ownership of the image to Mortal Moments for us to use as we see fit (and with good reason, as will be made clear below).

Submissions must be received by November 11, 2014 at 12:00 a.m (midnight), PST. Please upload to the image host of your choice and PM the link to me. All submissions will be posted along with the image title and name of the artist for community appreciation. The development team will choose the winner. The prizes will be

First place
    - 10,000 Silver
    - Having your art Salem-ized and made into a purchasable decorative sold by the Furniture Merchant in Boston! (Can be hung on walls)
    - Exclusive in-game artsy item

Second Place
    - 5,000 Silver

Third Place
    - 2,000 Silver

Due to the in-game nature of the grand prize, images hosting NSFW aspects or naughty words will be censored or, pending severity, disqualified all together. I would ask that you let us post the images to the thread, especially if your image contains something that may be NSFW as forum rules still apply. The in-game item will feature the image's title and the name of the individual who created it. Also, these terms are subject to change should we deem it necessary to do so.

As "Fan-Art" is an open-ended concept, our judging criteria will be very loose. We will be most likely to choose pieces that properly reflect the game's style but we will be looking for creativity, perspective, and quality. Just submit your best work that you feel deserves a place on the walls of your fellow players' homes.

This first contest will be a test to measure participation and interest in these kinds of things, so if you'd like to see more, become an entrant! If you have ideas for other events of this or another nature, please let me know. Otherwise, and without further ado, go make art! ;)
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: Community Contest #1 - Fan Art!

Postby Nictos » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 pm

:twisted:
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

John Carver wrote:Franklin 8:25
Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Postby Icon » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Although my art skills match that of an autistic kola, I do look forward to seeing the entries to this
Icon

Postby Necrobane » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:14 pm

Icon wrote:Image

Although my art skills match that of an autistic kola, I do look forward to seeing the entries to this

10/10, devs please wall art
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:16 pm

If i dont get a prize im commiting suicide.
This is going in the louvre next year. :D
Such art...
Rifmaster

Postby lachlaan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:18 pm

Let me just get in there and unofficially contribute my old argopelter drawing, upon first meeting them. Of course that's not my official submission, I'll put something together officially later xD

Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Nictos » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:50 pm

lachlaan wrote:Let me just get in there and unofficially contribute my old argopelter drawing, upon first meeting them. Of course that's not my official submission, I'll put something together officially later xD

It's.... it's beautiful.
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

John Carver wrote:Franklin 8:25
Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Postby Heffernan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:07 pm

(note: no bad words, profanity or Nude content has been used here, just pure black humour)

Heffernan

Postby Procne » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:24 pm

This is not fair, not everyone can draw nice art. Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
Procne

Postby Bearcub » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:25 pm

lachlaan wrote:Let me just get in there and unofficially contribute my old argopelter drawing, upon first meeting them. Of course that's not my official submission, I'll put something together officially later xD

Oh damn, it explains everything :lol:
Trade is the first step to the diplomacy.
Diplomacy is a tool for unification.
Then be honest with your customers to make new bonds!
Bearcub

Next

Return to City upon a Hill