Some Questions about Darkness and Light

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Some Questions about Darkness and Light

Postby FunForLife » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am

Hey guys,

maybe i am stupid, but i cant understand the lightning effekt in the darkness.

I am in a region where my Biles (60+) drain down by 0.8 per tick. You can´t see yourself on the map without light!

First i lighted a torch --> Still drain by 0.8 per Tick.
Then i builded 5 Piles of Wood around me and hold the Torch --> Still drain by 0.8 per Tick.
Then i builded a Torch Post on top of that --> Still drain by 0.8 per Tick.

The Wiki says: "Torchpost lights the area, negating a portion of the damage of being in uncivilized land."

As its not lightable, you cant negate anything and you even got no vision from it. Is the Torchpost pure defense like the Bruizer? Only gets activated while criminal acts detected? Suks hard, cuz i dont need all the light while i am asleep and someone robbers me. I need it while i am working around here!

So is it a bug? Is not completely implemented? Or is it just the way it should and the torchpost simply suks?

Do we have no helpful building for living in the darkness until the Church comes any day?

And is the lightning effekt so small or just bugged? Imaging, same drain with 5 Piles and a torch, like without any light! I cant think of any Fire that will help more! :shock:

EDIT: Just tested to build a Fireplace next to the torchpost and 8 Piles around that, standing in the middle! No effekt on the Drain! Must be bugged?!? ¦]
Last edited by FunForLife on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
FunForLife

Re: Some Questions about Darkness and Light

Postby MinionHPL » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:38 am

Welcome to Salem
MinionHPL

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Not entirely sure on this. For now, we're assuming that the torchpost (and brazier?) are working as intended and that a game concept was changed without specific text being updated.

The other possibility is: The entire mechanic for reducing drain in the darkness hasn't even been implemented yet, so nothing that is planned to perform this function works. It very well could be that having fires and a torch lit will decrease the bile drains. There are plans for a some of the clothing to help with this, too.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby FunForLife » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:06 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Not entirely sure on this. For now, we're assuming that the torchpost (and brazier?) are working as intended and that a game concept was changed without specific text being updated.

The other possibility is: The entire mechanic for reducing drain in the darkness hasn't even been implemented yet, so nothing that is planned to perform this function works. It very well could be that having fires and a torch lit will decrease the bile drains. There are plans for a some of the clothing to help with this, too.

I would love, if we get informed about the game development! :D

Interesting is, that the Wiki already knows things that seem to be not implemented yet. :roll:
FunForLife

Postby painhertz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:49 pm

I've yet to find a reason for Darkness to be in the game "at all" unless perhaps it's to stop settlement there that would later breed whiners when their humours got drained with the addition of darkness. That being said, I have no confused even myself....
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Postby masau » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Darkness is there to make it a harder place to settle. Eventually there will be unique foragables, critters, ect that can only be found in biomes located in the darkness.
masau

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm

FunForLife wrote:Interesting is, that the Wiki already knows things that seem to be not implemented yet. :roll:

Maybe because what is on the wiki is in the game help text, thus the indecision about "working as intended" or "as of yet unimplemented mechanics"
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby FunForLife » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:20 pm

masau wrote:Darkness is there to make it a harder place to settle. Eventually there will be unique foragables, critters, ect that can only be found in biomes located in the darkness.

Its harder to settle, but even more harder to get raided! ;)

MagicManICT wrote:Maybe because what is on the wiki is in the game help text, thus the indecision about "working as intended" or "as of yet unimplemented mechanics"

Maybe loftar can bring some "light" into this! A schedule about whats planned, whats still missing and what he is working on atm would be soooo damn nice! :D
FunForLife

Postby staxjax » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:39 pm

FunForLife wrote:Maybe loftar can bring some "light" into this! A schedule about whats planned, whats still missing and what he is working on atm would be soooo damn nice! :D

It is highly unlikely that this will ever happen.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby painhertz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:55 pm

very simply, Jorb and Loftar don't like us player types. in fact, i fully expect them to design a game in the future where NPC's play the game as opposed to we players.
"since i am in my 30s and could probably throw you across the room"

"Porky" Darwoth: Confusing reality and video games since 2012.......
painhertz

Next

Return to City upon a Hill