Has anyone else read this SA forums thread about Salem?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Has anyone else read this SA forums thread about Salem?

Postby Tonkyhonk » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:39 pm

i wouldnt underestimate goons.
many good dramas happened in haven often had goons starring whether its revealed or not.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby Superiodity » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:42 pm

Shame they all got killed by Russians and ragequit after the wipe/changes then.
Superiodity

Postby sabinati » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Superiodity wrote:Never heard of "Goons" but they seem like some branch off of the 4chan/reddit generation.

It's pretty funny how pumped up they get to ruin peoples day and forming some secret society that people would fear but half way through they all get lost/confused in how to play the game and by the end of it they resort to complaining that it's a bad game/attacking the dev without making any impact on the world with their "secret society".

actually 4chan spun off of SA
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Qukatt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:20 pm

seems like the Goons are no match for J&L's superior troll skills
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby sabinati » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:35 pm

it's true
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
sabinati

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm

Superiodity wrote:Shame they all got killed by Russians and ragequit after the wipe/changes then.

I'm not Russian... Unless you're talking about an event I don't know about.

To be fair though the settlement we destroyed was in the process of getting bored when we wiped them out. At most 1/3 their population was still active.

Also a side note: Of the goons I've met, Biowarfare has the least respect I could ever give someone on the internets. I don't honestly believe a word he says.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Qukatt » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:50 pm

I think the bits I like most of all are the "oh I love the taste of the pubbo tears" la la la at the start and the thread going "I this game cry cry" when they get bored and/or killed.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug (Sw:tor forums pre-wipe)
Qukatt

Postby sabinati » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 pm

only like 5 goons even died, there were like 200 that borequit
sabinati

Postby Ass_Kraken » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Potjeh wrote:There is a humour cap.

There is? It'd seem like the only point at which someone would stop levelling humours would be when it became more time/resource worthy to just feed another character. If you mean how much food you can fit in a cupboard, alts/other people can carry food in.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Sevenless » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Ass_Kraken wrote:
Potjeh wrote:There is a humour cap.

There is? It'd seem like the only point at which someone would stop levelling humours would be when it became more time/resource worthy to just feed another character. If you mean how much food you can fit in a cupboard, alts/other people can carry food in.

There's literal humour caps and theoretical ones. For a while now I've been toying with the idea of crunching the numbers to figure out what it is.

But you're right. The literal cap is where people don't find it worthwhile to try and level stats further.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill