Qualms with Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Tiny update: Minor changes to the camera

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:12 pm

FunForLife wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:Stuff is going to get implemented but you have to give it time, there's still only ONE person coding this game.

I know this and i am patient at all. But how can this one guy waste time of coding for a cam-mode noone will use, while most 3rd Party Clients already have much better Cam-Modes than his "new" one, instead of going on with Content-Coding...?

Thats not off-topic. its still about the Cam-Mode.

because its their game and they can do as they please.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Dallane wrote:because its their game and they can do as they please.

Yes they can, but u still can use a Forum to ask for reasons, ideas behind and so on... I guess thats the reason for the existance of a forum...

And u also can tell them what u like and what u dislike, cant u? :roll:

EDIT: And if they ever want to make money with the game, like paradox will force them to, they shouldn´t ignore the fact, that population isn´t growing anyways!
FunForLife

Postby Kaios » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:46 pm

Arguing with fan boys is pointless. If you haven't noticed they use the same argument each time about it being a "sandbox" game so there is lots to do, make your own fun, etc. but the only things they ever mention are raiding and ranging. My suggestion to you is to just take a break and maybe when you come back there will be a decent update with some new content. Obviously don't pour money in to the game if you don't enjoy it yet.
Kaios

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

FunForLife wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:Stuff is going to get implemented but you have to give it time, there's still only ONE person coding this game.

I know this and i am patient at all. But how can this one guy waste time of coding for a cam-mode noone will use, while most 3rd Party Clients already have much better Cam-Modes than his "new" one, instead of going on with Content-Coding...?

I was just wondering about loftars timemanagement and priority list... :?: :?: :?:

Thats not off-topic. its still about the Cam-Mode.

This was probably a thing loftar did when he had a few minutes over. He is working close to 100% on multiserver, but things like this slide through from time to time.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Kaios wrote:Obviously don't pour money in to the game if you don't enjoy it yet.

I never would, as long as the devs don´t deserv it. After that, i will for sure. But the point will not be reached, i guess...
Last edited by FunForLife on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunForLife

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:This was probably a thing loftar did when he had a few minutes over. He is working close to 100% on multiserver, but things like this slide through from time to time.

He patched Multi-Server last week. Its still not ready at all?

Maybe you can open a Thread with Prioritylist and Timeschedule planned? So we know when he is working on background stuff for longer and when he will work on content. If we dont expect updates we wont have to argue and we wont get frustrated... :D
FunForLife

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

FunForLife wrote:
TotalyMoo wrote:This was probably a thing loftar did when he had a few minutes over. He is working close to 100% on multiserver, but things like this slide through from time to time.

He patched Multi-Server last week. Its still not ready at all?

Maybe you can open a Thread with Prioritylist and Timeschedule planned? So we know when he is working on background stuff for longer and when he will work on content. If we dont expect updates we wont have to argue and we wont get frustrated... :D

No, he patched some things in preparation for multiserver. It's a well known fact that this is what he has been working on for quite some time.

I'll ask the devs if they want to open a thread where they say what they're working on more clearly, but it can always be found here in the forums anyways.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:No, he patched some things in preparation for multiserver. It's a well known fact that this is what he has been working on for quite some time.

I'll ask the devs if they want to open a thread where they say what they're working on more clearly, but it can always be found here in the forums anyways.

I must admit, it'd be exciting and heartening to know what the devs are working on. =)
TeckXKnight

Re: Qualms with Salem

Postby Kaios » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Unless you've forgotten they don't like doing that sort of thing.
Kaios

Re: Qualms with Salem

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Kaios wrote:Unless you've forgotten they don't like doing that sort of thing.

I haven't but one can hope that things can change.
TeckXKnight

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill