Qualms with Salem

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Qualms with Salem

Postby FunForLife » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

loftar wrote:Of course there is. My point was that no satisfactory conclusion has been reached. :)

You only have to Track how many guys use default Client and how many use Ender or smth. else. Maybe the Camera is a reason for that! All you have to do is: Give everybody the choice how the camera should work! :roll:

And before that, give us some CONTENT, else noone will care for the ***** cam very soon!
FunForLife

Re: Tiny update: Minor changes to the camera

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

FunForLife wrote:You only have to Track how many guys use default Client and how many use Ender or smth. else. Maybe the Camera is a reason for that! All you have to do is: Give everybody the choice how the camera should work! :roll:

I really don't think that's going to encourage people to stay with the standard client.

And before that give us some CONTENT, else noone will care for the ***** cam very soon![/quote]

What? You don't want more space to play in? Fine with me. I can grow to like to see all the wars and land fights. A lot of people will want to find their own little space, though.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Oddity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:51 am

loftar wrote:Of course there is. My point was that no satisfactory conclusion has been reached. :)

lmao
Let me know when it's H&H World 7.
Oddity

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:51 am

MagicManICT wrote:What? You don't want more space to play in? Fine with me. I can grow to like to see all the wars and land fights. A lot of people will want to find their own little space, though.

Gettin your own space for what? Before anyone finds me randomly, i can build anything the game gives, get all profencies useable and leave the table. There question is not where to settle, but for what?!?

We had 10 new guys in our Colony last 3 weeks. All havin fun and beeing excited of Salem. They really played for few days with lots of fun. But then they all asked the big question: Where is this game going? For what am i building all this stuff? And why do i reach the end of short run progress sooo damn fast! All left to do is grinding for purity?!?

And then they all left the building! :(
Last edited by FunForLife on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
FunForLife

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:54 am

FunForLife wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
FunForLife wrote:What? You don't want more space to play in? Fine with me. I can grow to like to see all the wars and land fights. A lot of people will want to find their own little space, though.

Gettin your own space for what? Before anyone finds me randomly, i can build anything the game gives, get all profencies useable and leave the table. There question is not where to settle, but for what?!?

We had 10 new guys in our Colony last 3 weeks. All havin fun and beeing excited of Salem. They really played for few days with lots of fun. But then they all asked the big question: Where is this game going? For what am i building all this stuff? And why do i reach the end of short run progress sooo damn fast! All left to do is grinding for purity?!?

And then they all left the building! :(

make drama and raid or ranger
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 am

Dallane wrote:make drama and raid or ranger

After 10 days of Crafting in an Crafting MMO i have to raid to have anything to do? There is much more stuff to be implemented first. They wrote about a church, about 5 different types of walls...etc...etc...etc...

They give around 100 Keys away per day, but Server Population doesn´t grow anyways. Nothing more to add to this fact! :lol:
FunForLife

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am

FunForLife wrote:

After 10 days of Crafting in an Crafting MMO i have to raid to have anything to do? There is much more stuff to be implemented first. They wrote about a church, about 5 different types of walls...etc...etc...etc...

They give around 100 Keys away per day, but Server Population doesn´t grow anyways. Nothing more to add to this fact! :lol:

there is alot to do, this is a sanbox game if you didn't know. Its also in beta so take a break and come back and test some more when they add more in.

I dunno if you expect millions to play this or something but this game isn't for everyone and the devs are well aware of that fact.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMoo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:55 am

FunForLife wrote:

Your name is FunForLife yet you seem to be very content on complaining. Stuff is going to get implemented but you have to give it time, there's still only ONE person coding this game.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Plus, this is getting waaay off topic. There's a thread in City upon a Hill discussing game content right now: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1061

Let's end a derail to an announcement thread and discuss these things in an appropriate location.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby FunForLife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 pm

TotalyMoo wrote:Stuff is going to get implemented but you have to give it time, there's still only ONE person coding this game.

I know this and i am patient at all. But how can this one guy waste time of coding for a cam-mode noone will use, while most 3rd Party Clients already have much better Cam-Modes than his "new" one, instead of going on with Content-Coding...?

I was just wondering about loftars timemanagement and priority list... :?: :?: :?:

Thats not off-topic. its still about the Cam-Mode.
Last edited by FunForLife on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunForLife

Next

Return to City upon a Hill