Game has no Content?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Game has no Content?

Postby Slim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Steve wrote:The game's practically in open beta, seeing the amount of keys up for grabs - but very few people stay with the game. I reckon player retention must be very low for Salem. And with such a low population one could argue that multiserver support should be near the bottom of the priority list ... *sighs*

I am building a 5 story hotel, invite you in to give some feedback about the lobby area and then you complain I am working to finish the top floors instead of adding drapes and carpeting the lobby floor? *boggle*
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Slim
Customer

Postby Oddity » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Steve wrote:The game's practically in open beta, seeing the amount of keys up for grabs - but very few people stay with the game. I reckon player retention must be very low for Salem. And with such a low population one could argue that multiserver support should be near the bottom of the priority list ... *sighs*

Indeed
Let me know when it's H&H World 7.
Oddity

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
Sevenless wrote:I've got a villager who loves terraforming. We have a nice sized piece of flat land mostly due to his love of the activity. More than we really need for our current population. Yesterday he asked me "So now that we're mostly done the base, what now?"

he could go dekasegi if he so wishes :D

There's some cultural reference that doesn't really match up on my end. In particular, as a Canadian where 20% of our population were born in other countries and immigrated here. Having issues with "foreigners" doesn't really exist as a cultural stigma.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby baronbowden » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Sevenless must live in Vancouver or Toronto then;)
baronbowden

Re: nothing is found in uncivilized land.

Postby TotalyMoo » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 pm

Yes, you should have merged it and now I do.

That reply was out of line stax, even if I understand your frustration with the constant badgering for more content.

yurara, the game is not even near completion. This is as mentioned a beta and many, many things are yet to be added. I am not saying that stax's way of responding was well worded, but the actual content of the post was proper.

If you do not enjoy playing a game that is unfinished, there are tons of games you can play whilst waiting for Salem to reach a more completed state. Not that you're not welcome to stay or do whatever you want for that matter - but if you wish to actively make this game better you should have a more humble attitude.

What I read from stax's "finishing thoughts" would be something like: you have yet to reach all things possible in this game, even if there is content lacking there is enough content to keep most occupied. PvPing is a big part of this game and you're not remotely close to mastering that.
I never managed to figure out something clever for my signature on Paradoxplaza, and I doubt I'll do it here either.

"ur a mod till u shwo ur a admin"
TotalyMoo

Postby Sevenless » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 pm

baronbowden wrote:Sevenless must live in Vancouver or Toronto then;)

London, however we have a fairly well known international university for business. Lots of students from all over the world.

But yeah there's even a lot of immigrants out here despite not being a major landing foothold.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby baronbowden » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:33 am

this just got creepy Seven,

Guess what city I live in....
baronbowden

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 am

Beta is still beta. There is a lot of unimplemented content, but other than Witchcraft, what you see is pretty much what we get. (Witchcraft being the one thing that will add another major dimension to the game.)

Thing is, if server support isn't done properly now, it just gets much, much harder to do later. Software design does have certain orders that things need to be done in.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill