Game has no Content?

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Game has no Content?

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:
ElCapitan1701 wrote:I tell you what I have figured out: You and some old hardcore H&H players want this game to be only about pvp.

stop assuming. its getting even more pathetic than cheif poop who seems to be enjoying himself a lot.
if all you can find in this game is to grind or pvp, and you dont like neither, then this may not be the game for you because you are so spoiled and too used to built-up already amusement parks with fancy illuminations.

Who is assuming now? ^^ It`s been like hundred times always the same old H&H players (you have played H&H?, haven`t you?) told me, that I should leave. You are frightened of me, aren't you?

dont people really understand what sandbox really is???
you create your own quest or goal.

Salems terraforming is very limited. Building is very limited. Trade barely exists. So let`s look which goals you are suggesting:

1) some people just enjoy gathering friends, chilling and talking to kill time or relax
2) some traders enjoy making silver (for nothing atm, but hey, same thing with the riches who have more money than they can spend)
3) someone tries to meet as many players as possible in game, traveling around
4) someone tries to make the biggest faction
5) someone tries to be the best player or experts in different aspects of the game

1) not for casual
2) yeah
3) not for casual
4) not for casual
5) not for casual

All those game conepts which had worked well on H&H fits to a player base which has much time and tries to kill that time...but casual players, which bring the large player numbers, have limited time. They need some guidance, by some form of formulated goal to achieve which they can work through step by step. If hey log in and invest their two hours game time and log out they will came back if they have the feeling to have achieved something. So it doesn`t hurt the sandbox faction if the rest of us gets something to aim for.
ElCapitan1701

Postby Superiodity » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 pm

Maybe they could implement a minigame that resembles angry birds, I hear that's really big with casual players
Superiodity

Postby milonti » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Casual players also leave by just as big amounts as they came in. Anyone else noticed that Zynga is going downhill? They had big numbers. Salem is probably not a game for Casuals. The mechanics are not set up for that. Unlike things like Farmville where you click twice and come back in a few hours. This is not that sort of game :/
milonti

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:03 pm

Yeah, but as I understood the business model and the pvp faction it seems to me they don`t need to stay long. Just long enough to have bought some silver and get robbed once or twice. Then: Next. Could work.
ElCapitan1701

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:14 pm

ElCapitan1701 wrote:Yeah, but as I understood the business model and the pvp faction it seems to me they don`t need to stay long. Just long enough to have bought some silver and get robbed once or twice. Then: Next. Could work.

That sounds about right.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:04 pm

ElCapitan1701 wrote:Yeah, but as I understood the business model and the pvp faction it seems to me they don`t need to stay long. Just long enough to have bought some silver and get robbed once or twice. Then: Next. Could work.

look at wrath. he got killed 4 days ago and now he is back stronger. Did he buy silver? no idea maybe because he has traded nonstop since then or he is just a awesome trader
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby staxjax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Cleaned up some off topic posts. Carry on.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:05 am

ElCapitan1701 wrote:Who is assuming now? ^^ It`s been like hundred times always the same old H&H players (you have played H&H?, haven`t you?) told me, that I should leave. You are frightened of me, aren't you?

you really think so? ^^

Salems terraforming is very limited. Building is very limited. Trade barely exists.

continue complaining and im sure youll get there!

So let`s look which goals you are suggesting:

you really dont get it when i say "you create your OWN". you even have to rely on the examples i listed? thats how spoiled you are.
you cant gather ppl as casual? what, you have your own recruitment thread, dont you?
you cant meet many players as possible when you are a casual? cmon, you must be really ***** up or dont understand what "possible" means.
sorry if you are not creative enough or mature enough. oh and im casual btw.

p.s.
please mods, when you clean up threads, would you tell where you had thrown those garbages into? its hard to track them when you dont. i could have dropped my diamond ring in there!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tonkyhonk

Postby baronbowden » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:38 am

At the risk of a flame... and don't get me wrong I play tons and enjoy my time..

But in all honesty if the beta keys available have doubled/tripled but the player base hasn't increased.... fans like us are clearly in the minority.
A good example is Tonkey using the motte and bailey city as an example. I know from people in that village azkanan stoped playing right about when the dirt was done digging... didn't have the drive to go any further with the game.
Already 50% of your real life examples aren't with us anymore. ShadowAltan I hope you don't prove me further right:P
Even your example of you doing the newspaper isn't compelling towards the game play and every other example is just as easily done somewhere else.

We can all agree on some key things though ?

1) The game is still in very early beta stages.
2) Nobody I know uses standard client.. It needs alot of work.. Compass/ Functioning minimap/ displaying foragables/CAMERA/functionality moving items are all things that deserve attention
3) Content - there are only so many turkeys I can kill in a day before it gets dull:P (reference where we probably really are in the production stage)
4) Village mechanic. Something just feels off with it. It doesn't serve to really fulfill a function in the game other than act as insurance against another town bell and give a chat function.
5) Terrible economy management not enough money sinks that are actually required for character development - other than the initial outlay to get a claim and initial smelters 0 real function.
6) Terrible support from Paradox monetizing the game. Words can't describe how badly implemented it is. The ratio of $ to silver is insulting and then what you can do with the silver is even worse. It is almost as if there is a complete disconnect between finance and the actual game. Whoever designed the cash shop should be fired or at least relocated to the mail room. Sorry MOO if it was you.

Somethings done well

1) Detailed food /gluttony system (very innovative)
2) Perma Death
3) Crime system - Just a fantastic way of dealing with PVP/theft in a game. Fantastic.
4) Vendetta/Alliances will really shine.. IF there is a real payer base.

For a one man development team give it some time and hopefully 1-5 get fixed/improved.
Example 6 though.... I think whoever is running with that is actually taking kickback's from Seatribe/Paradox's competitors.
Long term this will mean that the game won't get the support it deserves from fans.

B
baronbowden

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:23 am

staxjax wrote:

That sounds about right.

Only problem with that is word gets around enough and the casuals quit coming around.

I know this comes up, and I certainly don't mind the game going in the direction of having a lot more PvE as long as it maintains the "faction vs faction" pvp aspects. It's just really hard to balance both PvE and PvP in the same game and it takes a LOT of man hours to develop much more than mob hunting PvE.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill