Ban Notifications

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Ban Notifications

Postby Dallane » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Heffernan

Length of ban:
2 weeks

Reason for ban:
Img profanity - 2nd time
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:41 pm

LOMS wrote:Winter in Russia isn't much worse then winter anywhere. At least we have snow in couple with cold weather, snow is a source of entertainment for many people across the world. But most people (world-wide) prefer to spend more time indoors when it's cold, and more time outdoors when weather is good.

Don't wait that we will return someday. You have no idea how much we were pissed off by sneaky patches for major mechanics (destruction of payed authority objects) and, most important, lack of punishment for abusing unintended game flaws. And the latest I've heard about is touching Popham:

Originally, you can't move your cannon after it was loaded (and lit, but most important - loaded). But if you're already moving a cannon, you can load it, lit it and deliver it wherever you can. This allows you to fire cannon at one place, but have your waste scent in another, distant place, where you had to lit a cannon, and of course your scent will be covered by undestructable cheap object like Pilgrim's hovel or kiln. Guess who abused that right after he come to Popham ;) (a hint: that's how Frugality statue was freed).

Once (or not once) JC said something like that: "In this game, you're reporting bugs instead of using them, or I smash you". I, and people I used to play with, cannot accept exceptions for certain people.

User banned 1 Month. Players who have an issue with how in-game disciplinary actions are handled may PM me. Players may also make threads or posts about bugs they think are bugs, abuse they think is abuse etc. etc. and as always I will make my ruling public as to why I feel it is or isn't and if there will or will not be a reversal of damage etc. Players may NOT slander the reputation of Mortal Moments insinuating, stating, or implying that there is any favoritism in the enforcement of said action.

Darwoth has no access to the test server, takes part in 0 Skype or Teamspeak conversations between myself and testers, vets, Profession Masters & Masons and as a result has my ear far less than others, evidenced by the numerous hissy-fits we have all witnessed him having during crucial changes he would have advocated otherwise. To my knowledge he has reported in a PM and asked for permission to use every unintended mechanic he finds. THE VAST MAJORITY of them never being changed because i have thought of said unintended use and deemed it in the realms of acceptability long before he finds them.

In the case of this incident, Darwoth did not pull a cannon and leave a scent elsewhere. There was otherwise an issue that allowed a 5/5/5/5 to fire a cannon without a scent. This will be fix'd next patch and is not URGENT given that a 5/5/5/5 alt will make the cannon fire at "Max time" you are really only punishing yourself for doing so. Keep in mind that the fix will not change it so that a massive investment is required to fire a cannon, it will only change it so that the nub cannon fire alt drops a scent, which will have little to no impact on this or future situations unless you take pride in collecting scalps of small alts with no skills.

Effective now until I say otherwise, players will be respectful of the extremely fine line and difficulty that exists in balancing an MMO with complex and ever-changing systems. They will understand that in ALL situations I will do what I believe is the right thing to do for the health of the game and the betterment of all players involved. Should they choose to not respect said line, or believe in said actions from members of the dev-staff then you are entitled to your own slanderous and untrue opinions that are contrary to the fact. Just keep them to yourself or eat a banstick.

Argentis wrote:I'd rather have this happen than him and only him using it. The latter that the devs would gladly oblige. I'm sure that if anyone else wins Popham before him and attempts to monopolize the animals then the devs would shut him down.

In the essence of fair. I've also applied this ban to Argentis. Who I generally like far more than LOMS. However, it does read as though he is implying I will make a different decision on the future of the game depending on if Darwoth wins or not. He is free to PM me if I read this wrong. Until then... The same banstick as LOMS.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:28 am

HolyLight banned.

Length of ban: 2 weeks (until Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm)

Reason for ban: Image Profanity
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby MarpTarpton » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Hose banned

Length of ban: 3 days

Reason for ban: Misuse of the report function
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Hose banned

Length of ban: Extended to 1 month

Reason for ban: Racist Remarks
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Dallane » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Cleaty

Length of ban:
7 days

Reason for ban:
Once again asking people to spam the devs, insinuating that darwoth has inside info

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:08 am

John has decided to be merciful. Claeyt will be unbanned this time.

TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:47 am

salemwutwut

Length of ban:
1 day

Reason for ban:
8. Do not discuss forum bans or warnings in the forum. Discussion of or objection to forum bans or warnings should only occur through forum PM with the moderators.

Dallane

Postby Dallane » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:17 am

AFullCodpiece

Length of ban:
1 week

Reason for ban:
Img profanity and racism

Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:28 am

gibbs

Length of ban:
2 weeks (until Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:26 pm)

Reason for ban:
filter evasion over several posts

TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill