Discussion about Stalls

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Discussion about Stalls

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:45 pm

Someone told me - and I have no idea whether it's right - that all stalls belong to a small number of people, people that were amongst the first to get access to iron bars and made that much profit from being the first that they bought all the stalls, so that nobody else could undercut the prices.

True or False? I don't know.
Steve

Re: WTB Trading Stall in Boston

Postby Sevenless » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Steve wrote:Someone told me - and I have no idea whether it's right - that all stalls belong to a small number of people, people that were amongst the first to get access to iron bars and made that much profit from being the first that they bought all the stalls, so that nobody else could undercut the prices.

True or False? I don't know.

I know for certain one of the early trade "empires" owns two stalls and only bothered to stock one. It seems logical that others would have bought stalls as well, and 3 stalls have never had any items for sale that I know of. My complaints about this as a valid mechanic to reduce competition between traders is likely where those rumours came from in part at least.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Shoi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:51 pm

I was wondering how to get a hold or finding out whom owns them. I bet their quite useful. They should have time limits on the stalls and you have to pay a tax or rental fee on them, this way players have a shot at taking turns so if someone goes inactive the stall opens up to others.
Shoi

Postby baronbowden » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:51 pm

to be honest though, the stalls that have stuff arn't exactly stocked with much either. Usually just over priced iron.

One guy seems to be trying to do basic food stuff but such small supply.

Want to get one going with real food stuff & inspirationals etc.

IF anyone has any leads to someone they know who owns one I would pay for that info too (ingame silver ofcourse:P)
baronbowden

Postby Steve » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Shoi wrote:I was wondering how to get a hold or finding out whom owns them. ...

I bet an Old Singing Log that most are owned by alts ...
Steve

Postby Ass_Kraken » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Shoi wrote:I was wondering how to get a hold or finding out whom owns them. I bet their quite useful. They should have time limits on the stalls and you have to pay a tax or rental fee on them, this way players have a shot at taking turns so if someone goes inactive the stall opens up to others.

Do they, but it takes a while.
Ass_Kraken

Postby Droj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:58 am

I know 3 stalls owned by individuals that are resupplied regulary. They were amongst the first to claim stalls. A regular complaint I hear from them is the sales cap (silver) which prevents the stall from trading further if it goes uncollected and reaches the max. Happens rather quickly if you sell a lot of iron products.

Not sure what happens if one doesn't pay the weekly rent. I guess no one is prepared to take the risk.

Iron isn't overpriced really. If you make your own then you can't really argue with that.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby baronbowden » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:12 am

I make tons of iron.. even buying the raw materials selling bars around 175 would be 50% or more profit.... not that that is a bad thing for business.

What is the trading cap droj?
baronbowden

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:20 am

Droj wrote:Iron isn't overpriced really. If you make your own then you can't really argue with that.

It's not that iron is overpriced... I think coal and lime is a bit underpriced. I think base grade iron will end up being 40-50s as the server activity picks up and good quality stuff will end up at the 300+ silver mark and higher.

Droj wrote:Not sure what happens if one doesn't pay the weekly rent. I guess no one is prepared to take the risk.

Wouldn't be surprised if items get ate. :twisted:
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby staxjax » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:25 am

Droj wrote:A regular complaint I hear from them is the sales cap (silver) which prevents the stall from trading further if it goes uncollected and reaches the max. Happens rather quickly if you sell a lot of iron products.

They raised the silver holding capacity of the stalls...I believe they can hold 100k silver now.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Next

Return to City upon a Hill