Discussion about Stalls

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Discussion about Stalls

Postby baronbowden » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:08 am

TBH i doubt very much it is a demand issue. The ease of being able to hit a stall for what you need safely is huge.

I also think if more than 1 stall was owned by 1 person it would just make sense to put stuff up on both stalls...

Maybe the stall mechanic should change whereby if the stall is empty for a period of 48/hrs or displays a lack of transactions for same period maintenance costs accelerate at an exponential cost every day it remains inactive or has a lack of goods sold. That way the goof who puts up a locket for 999999 would have his maintenance costs go crazy same way as the people who just leave them empty 24/7.

My programming knowledge being 0 though I don't know how easy that would be to implement or track.
baronbowden

Postby Sevenless » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:57 am

baronbowden wrote:TBH i doubt very much it is a demand issue. The ease of being able to hit a stall for what you need safely is huge.

I also think if more than 1 stall was owned by 1 person it would just make sense to put stuff up on both stalls...

Maybe the stall mechanic should change whereby if the stall is empty for a period of 48/hrs or displays a lack of transactions for same period maintenance costs accelerate at an exponential cost every day it remains inactive or has a lack of goods sold. That way the goof who puts up a locket for 999999 would have his maintenance costs go crazy same way as the people who just leave them empty 24/7.

My programming knowledge being 0 though I don't know how easy that would be to implement or track.

Still abusable. Just put up junk and buy it back on an alt. Would require more maintenance though.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:02 am

I wish they would just remove the stalls so we can make our own trade hubs or make the stalls so people can have a safe trade
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby baronbowden » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Good point Sevenless.

I guess the only proper mechanic then would be that there needs to be a buyout feature on a stall. Competitors could just bid more silver and take the stall away.

Example

Stall sells for 10k silver

Competitor can buy it out for 20k silver

Next Competitor wants it. 40k silver

ETC.

Would ensure only the most active could really keep a stall long term.

Maybe we should move the thread to ideas instead.
baronbowden

Postby lekanr » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:43 pm

No option to sell a stall at all today, I think that might free some up even if it was at a loss.

1) rent not paid for X days after due - you loose your stall. (*rent should be taken from cash on stall first.)
*this fixes abandoned stalls.
2) option to sell stall back for x% of initial cost (avoid profiting from stall sales.)
*currently its abandon or keep - not much of an option.
3) stall quantity limits options of what can be sold. I would love to have someone selling Lime in a stall for example, but at 200 item limit and 15% tax it is hardly worth the effort.
4) everything in a stall should have to be for sale - no storage option.
lekanr

Postby Ass_Kraken » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:58 pm

lekanr wrote:1) rent not paid for X days after due - you loose your stall. (*rent should be taken from cash on stall first.)
*this fixes abandoned stalls.
2) option to sell stall back for x% of initial cost (avoid profiting from stall sales.)
*currently its abandon or keep - not much of an option.
3) stall quantity limits options of what can be sold. I would love to have someone selling Lime in a stall for example, but at 200 item limit and 15% tax it is hardly worth the effort.
4) everything in a stall should have to be for sale - no storage option.

1) I believe it's taken away after rent is checked for, yet not paid
2) Yes pls
3) Not sure how to fix that myself without having storage being buffed even more
4) Then everything not for sale would just be like that 30% pure locket - 99999 silver
Ass_Kraken

Postby zeph2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 am

I can say I dont like the current trade stall system... Few people can buy all stalls thus leading to taking advantage of in game mechanics.. Stalls in Boston are limited, per as space is limited.. Realistically Boston wont be the city of all stalls so every player can own one.....

As a possible solution.. I would suggest the following...

1) Trade stalls will be under the control and ownership of the city aka Boston and/or other player cities ...

2) At the Trade stalls buy screen each slot can be rented when an item is placed in it for the sale of that one item or items.. When the items or items have been sold out or the lease period has expired, the leased item space returns back to available which any person can once again lease that same space selling their items...

3) Trade stalls slots can have a lease fee involved for x amount of days.. Can be based off sale price of item or per item amounts.. Once items have been sold lease has then has expired and contract of its obligation is fulfilled.. If lease expires and items have not all been sold they will either return to the player or said items can be marked off for sale by city ownership, and items are considered abandoned by the player and are now owned by the city... Any funds can go to the city on this contingency ..
4) A player cannot re lease the same slot twice in a consecutive row, but may do so after another lease has been placed and expired by another player..

or

A) Get rid of stalls completely in cities unless owned and placed by the person owning the city..

B) Allow players to purchase, build, and run trade stalls in their home deed location- this might encourage travel for people and make a reason to get around as it really did in Colonial America, and its settlers..

C) Every city has one centralized brokerage auction house for that city, Auction houses will be for that city only, and no world trade auction houses..Sales of items can be taxed by a city, thus allowing an earning for that city.. This might give a price and demand fluctuation based on a cities environment census or players..
zeph2

Postby alloin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 pm

I couldn't pay for a stall in the beginning, while saving all my silvers and finally reaching the amount, all stalls where taken :(

Too bad the stallowners only use it to brag with a 30% locket, use it as storage or just put crap in it.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby baronbowden » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

agreed, I should have just shipped the devs 100 bucks and taken the stall.

I almost did it to but decided on 20 instead just to test the water and see if the game was any good:P

Damnit!
baronbowden

Postby jorb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm

I've noticed that a couple of them are empty, and that isn't quite as it should be. I've noticed that several of them provide some fairly useful services as well, so...

Ah, well. I've been a bit reluctant to surrender too much Bostonian real-estate right off the bat, but I'll add in a few more stalls, I guess.

... but I won't tell you when. ^^
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill