Discussion about Stalls

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: WTB Trading Stall in Boston

Postby baronbowden » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:00 am

Stop taking us off topic mods:P

Find me a damn stall to buy!

Agreed though MM depending on quantity of deposits in world lime probably won't stay very cheap. Once reforestation becomes reality then coal should stay low until wars start to heat up (doesn't have alot of inputs)

I was arguing that the stands charging 160-185 for iron are overcharging. I would say people hawking it at 100 is very reasonable.
baronbowden

Postby Shoi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:24 am

Stalls get away with it easier because many people are willing to pay the extra and not have the risk of being scammed by others. I would love to see more stalls added possibly or a warp of some kind to a vendor area so that players can expand their trading a bit more, like you have to be within the stall selling active or you get the boot with your items and silver in tow.
Shoi

Postby Darwoth » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:53 am

wish id have bought one when i had the chance, oh well im sure more will be added at some point.
Darwoth

Postby Steve » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Was just in-game and visited the stalls (needed nails, he, I'm a newbie!):

4 stalls completely empty.
1 stall with the same stuff like last week, locket for 99999 silver and boards one cannot buy.
4 stalls somewhat in business with various products.

Price for nails (only 1 stall offering them) has gone up, nails now for 27 silver. NPC price is 30.

Can we have, say, a major fire in Boston's trade district, burning all stalls? :twisted:
Steve

Postby Droj » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:44 pm

staxjax wrote:
Droj wrote:A regular complaint I hear from them is the sales cap (silver) which prevents the stall from trading further if it goes uncollected and reaches the max. Happens rather quickly if you sell a lot of iron products.

They raised the silver holding capacity of the stalls...I believe they can hold 100k silver now.

1k for a purse holding 7,5k or 5k for a stall holding 100k...hmmm.
***** the Treaty!
loftar wrote:I not like, you not get
Droj

Postby baronbowden » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:19 pm

damnit droj dont get any ideas!
I am first in line to buy a stall..

You are duty bound to pass the first stall you find for sale on to me.

You have no other option:P
baronbowden

Postby Sevenless » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:38 pm

Going to clean this up a bit, threads split. Wasn't sure exactly where to put it so I left it in the Trade Winds forum for now. Other mods feel free to shuffle it if you can figure out a better place.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Re: Discussion about Stalls

Postby Shoi » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Created a thread in Ideas for discussion :3 http://forum.salemgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1020
Shoi

Postby Un1ted » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Steve wrote:locket for 99999 silver and boards one cannot buy.

Yes the douchery on display there is almost legendary "look at me everyone look at me! Look at me! I'm a big douche! Please accept me, look at ME!". Sad on so many levels really.
Un1ted

Re: Discussion about Stalls

Postby Gloomy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:22 am

The rich get richer.

I'm disappointed that the devs haven't been able to release more of them in the past several weeks. There's obviously something wrong with the mechanic if all of the vendors are empty all of the time (supply versus demand).
Gloomy

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill