Current version grind

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Current version grind

Postby FunForLife » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:46 pm

staxjax wrote:
lol, that wasnt even my screenshot...my taskbar looks much better than that. NFC about the bdsm thing, and you think I would settle with 1 wall for defense?

Can u please not go OFF-Topic and answer to my questions above?
FunForLife

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:49 pm

This thread is about the grind in Salem. I dont really see how your post had anything to do with the topic at hand. Make your own thread and I'll answer your questions.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Confirmed retards: Nimmeth, Claeyt, MycroSparks
staxjax

Postby FunForLife » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:56 pm

staxjax wrote:This thread is about the grind in Salem. I dont really see how your post had anything to do with the topic at hand. Make your own thread and I'll answer your questions.

Its about the grind in Salem. Climbing 2000 Blocks is grind and the question is not only how to grind, but where to grind.

You posted a screenshot with hight purity and low humors, so i asked myself is high purity everywhere over the map and not only inside the darkness (as i thought). So do i have to grind everywhere and not straight inside the darkness?
Just as a sidenotice i tryed to tell that this would ruin the idea of the game...

Second question was just a sidenotice, cuz its hard grind to climb such high mountains... :) Just wanted to know if someone ever went there and if someone knows if u can get behind or if the map just end like this, only gettin higher so noone will ever reach a hard end?
FunForLife

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 pm

All purity is created through player effort. There are no nodes of any kind anymore that purity just appears from.

I've never heard of anyone reaching the top of a mountain. It's possible, but you have to terraform the cliffs to make them actually climbable. I've heard there might be a unique biome at the top (not just giant quarry). No treasure or unique curios though, just that there's a biome up there.
It's been neat to see the evolution of a game. Salem has come so far, and still has far to go. Although frustrating, I think it's been an experience worth the effort.
Sevenless

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 pm

You have to grind everywhere. I do not think that there is anything special about living in the darkness, except for maybe fishing and obvious defensive bonsuses. I would say that climbing mountains is an adventure that has yet to serve any purpose. The world egdes have invisible walls on them you will bump if you reach the edge...in your screenshot, to me, it looks like the rest of the mountain is out of rendering distance. As far as I know mountains do not come in 'ranges' but more like single mountains with the highet elevations in the center. There is a special biome up there, and it is called snow.

staxjax

Postby FunForLife » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:14 pm

staxjax wrote:I do not think that there is anything special about living in the darkness, except for maybe fishing and obvious defensive bonsuses...

WoW, u took all my motivation with one sentence, but thanks for the answer. :cry:

I hope tomorrow i will get back to the thought: "Noone will implement such a system like the darkness without a big reason."

I thought the "late" game will happen only there and everything before is just stupid grind, to be prepared for the darkness - like a good reason to play all this stuff before. i Thought, you have to build roads inside with lightening systems and a church to be save and defend all this stuff, just cuz there is something u really really need and u cant do a **** without it in the "late" game. But, if this stupid grind outside the darkness is the game in total, i have to rethink over it in total... :(
FunForLife

Postby FunForLife » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Sevenless wrote:It's possible, but you have to terraform the cliffs to make them actually climbable.

As far as i know, u dont have to. With a rope and Mines & Mountains high skilled u can easy climb them without terraform. Only problem u need help with is: There is no vegetation and u cant find anything to eat. Esspecially close or inside the darkness its a problem... But i will try to get over the Rocky Mountains! If there is nothing beneficial, i will freeze and wait for some good reason to play on... :)

Hope this is not ONLY a big battleground where anything is only between kill and grind. Hope they thought about some adventures, where every step can be your lastone (without fighting included) if u not prepared for anything.
FunForLife

Postby staxjax » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:36 pm

This thread is totaly derailed now.

The darkness might already have uses, but as for endgame content in the darkness...it just isnt implemented yet. There are various things I do want to try in the darkness. As things are right now, here are a couple examples:

1.Prospecting. Perhaps there are higher quality metal nodes, and maybe there is a limit to how high of purity you can find outside of the darkness.
2.Fishing. The rare fishing nodes might be more common inside the darkness, there might even be some kinds of fish that are only found in the darkness.

As more industries and purity mechanics are implemented, I will probably think of more reason to explore the darkness.

staxjax

Postby FunForLife » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 am

staxjax wrote:This thread is totaly derailed now.

Sorry for that! ;)

staxjax wrote:1.Prospecting. Perhaps there are higher quality metal nodes, and maybe there is a limit to how high of purity you can find outside of the darkness.

All i can say to that is, u still find massive Mines inside with purity 0% to 3% where humors around 50 doesn´t block the drain anymore. So it just says there are not only higher Mines, but maybe also.

Well, go back to Topic then! Sorry to interrupt, but i felt like i had to react on that screenshot... :)
FunForLife

Postby ElCapitan1701 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:07 am

staxjax wrote:This thread is totaly derailed now.

I can`t see why. I always assumed, that current version grind is in regard to the darkness, meaning, you will find the good stuff (high purity) in the darkness. If that`s not the case, then the actual version of grind is bad as there is no progression needed. You just can hang around and monotonously do the same thing again, and again, and again. No need for adventure, no need for exploring, no need for infrastructure...
ElCapitan1701

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill