Regarding this weekends events

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Regarding this weekends events

Postby L33LEE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Dallane wrote:
L33LEE wrote:from 80 million players <10% play on a "competitive" level, and even <0.1% of them make it into the prized contests, so your argument about the prize money is what drives people to play league of legends it total *****.

Calm down rage kid. I never said that a majority of people play for prize money. I was refering to the fact that they throw around large ammounts of money to keep the game a esport and pay pros alot of money to leave other MOBA games. Fact is that LoL is babies 1st MOBA. Kids who play that terrible game can't stand up to a dota player. I would put money on the terrible Russians and Brazilians who plague dota2 then a decent LoL player

Maybe you should stop using a MOBA game for example on a sandbox MMO. They are not the same at all. Jorbtar cant throw around the money like riot does to make it as big as they are now.

Again you, Being the all knowing Dallane, missed the point of my post entirely, what you seem to do, ever so often on these forums.

I was putting across the way the community developed from almost nothing to millions, before they even announced "prized contests" to the mass population of the game, even though all the ""PRO DOTA PLAYERS" as you put it plagued the lol forums in early beta, saying how pathetic and worthless the game is / was, would never become big or anything, never put anything positive into the game. These people remind me of alot of forum users i see here, you would only understand this if you was in the early beta stages / development of league of legends.

So again, stop using the term "throwing money around", because yea that pushed it from a "BIG GAME" > "THE BIGGEST", but when it got to its first 100-500k players, it had NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING to do with competitive play or contest money, and no matter how much people bashed it or insisted the game would never have a "huge playerbase", like you and your friends are bent on ensuring (500-2000 players seems to be the goal the fellowship seem to put across) to salem, the dev team changed there tunes, got with the program, removed such toxic players from the forums, pushed forward with kindness etc, because yes, the devs from LoL were/are the elitist from DoTA.

So yea, im raging. Hard RAGE, RAWR !. Scary.

EDIT: Again you can compare any games development + community to any another game on the market, such things have little to do with the game Play but how the game + devs + mods portray themselves to the growing community. If Jorb / Lofta + paradox / seatribe are happy with a <1000 active playerbase, then let them announce it, untill then ill push forth with strong ideas which people agree on to help this community grow, and nothing you say dallane will ever stop this.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 pm

L33LEE wrote: the goal the fellowship seem to put across to salem

one ring to rule them all.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:57 pm

L33LEE wrote: If Jorb / Lofta + paradox / seatribe are happy with a <1000 active playerbase, then let them announce it

If they will going to announce it "<1000 active playerbase" then please... TM remove my account :(
darnokpl

Postby Bait » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 pm

darnokpl wrote:
If they will going to announce it "<1000 active playerbase" then please... TM remove my account :(

Yes. Please remove his account.

Actually, save them the trouble and just stop logging in to the Forums.
Bait

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:09 pm

It'd be reactionary to claim the world is going to be stagnant at <1000 players. Honestly, you guys are psyching yourselves out over nothing.
TeckXKnight

Postby darnokpl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:25 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:It'd be reactionary to claim the world is going to be stagnant at <1000 players. Honestly, you guys are psyching yourselves out over nothing.

Sorry, but when I read so much about what will never happen in this game from community members I just got lowered morale.

I can risk statement that Devs only got plans, but even they are not sure what Salem will be in 2 years from now,
but when community members are saying they know it, it is just stupid and obvious that they are doing it against community growth,
because they like it how things are now.

Even if game history showed us that those players were wrong and even Devs basic calculations had to be rebalanced,
they (players) are still keep telling all around that "nothing is going to change".

They are just saddest people I have seen, they mastered one game and now wants to move same rules into new 3D game.
darnokpl

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:00 pm

If it makes you feel any better, I can honestly say that almost no one has mastered Haven. They're just as bad there. Some people have fallen into a pit of despair; I hope no one else will join them. It's hard to blame them considering how much time has been put into developing core mechanics over content. Please understand this for what it is -- a phase in development. As time presses on the game will grow; this will be especially true as more long-term content is added and the game comes together.

I can't tell you what that content will be, as I'd be lying if I was inside of the dev's head. It will likely include more professions, an improved quality system, better trade mechanics, more trade, tons of new goods to craft and use, cattle, and all sorts of fun, interesting things. Maybe I'm just a blind optimist though, who knows. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby L33LEE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:02 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I can honestly say that almost no one has mastered Haven. They're just as bad there. Some people have fallen into a pit of despair; I hope no one else will join them. It's hard to blame them considering how much time has been put into developing core mechanics over content. Please understand this for what it is -- a phase in development. As time presses on the game will grow; this will be especially true as more long-term content is added and the game comes together.

Then i ask myself, why is this game even considering open beta/public launch, if next to no content exists at this moment in time, this game feels more like at the prebeta testing stages (Late alpha) and no were near public / open beta.

EDIT: Unless some huge content update is coming "soon".
Last edited by L33LEE on Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:04 pm

L33LEE wrote:Then i ask myself, why is this game even considering open beta/public launch, if next to no content exists at this moment in time, this game feels more like at the prebeta testing stages (Late alpha) and no were near public / open beta.

That's a very good question that a lot of us have been asking ourselves for awhile now. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby Dallane » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:09 pm

L33LEE wrote:Then i ask myself, why is this game even considering open beta/public launch, if next to no content exists at this moment in time, this game feels more like at the prebeta testing stages (Late alpha) and no were near public / open beta.

Alot of people have been wandering about this. My main gripe is with the lack of content to keep 80 people happy and the need for multiple worlds for 80 people.

I think its a misinformation between seatribe/paradox and the public. There is a "launch date" with a severe lack of content. There is no way that they are thinking(i would hope) to release this or go into a open beta with the severe lack of content other then whatever shenanigans you can do to pass the time other then farming.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

PreviousNext

Return to City upon a Hill