Munich

Forum for off topic and general discussion.

Re: Munich

Postby Darwoth » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:15 pm

yeah claeyt
Darwoth

Postby Tomki » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:39 pm

Recent news:

"Syrian refugee wielding machete kills 1, injures 2 in Reutlingen, Germany"

https://www.rt.com/news/353005-machete- ... an-attack/

Horrible to see how they still don't ban firearms there!! And Islam has nothing to do with Islam again..
Tomki

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Getting back on topic

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36879067

The kid seems to have been mentally unstable and had been obsessed with mass shootings for a couple years. He had been seeing a therapist for anxiety, and was bullied in school. So, probably not specifically a terrorist thing, though they do say he wrote a manifesto of some sort.

They're also pointing out that he liked to play Counter Strike. Like half the teenagers on the internet don't play FPS. It's like saying the Nice killer was an avid driver of vehicles, or was known to play Mario Kart. :/

He bought the gun illegally; it was a theater prop that he then also illegally made operable again. No one knows how he got the ammo. The prime minister of Germany is promising to make gun ownership laws more strict because that will surely make a difference in situations like this one.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Inotdead » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:47 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:He bought the gun illegally; it was a theater prop that he then also illegally made operable again. No one knows how he got the ammo. The prime minister of Germany is promising to make gun ownership laws more strict because that will surely make a difference in situations like this one.

They are talking about him buying it off an underground market in one of the p2p nets, or "dark net"
But that sounds kinda weak.

I wonder who taught him to use the gun, or how he learned it himself. I mean, sure, it's no rocket science, but it kinda feels like he was more aware of what to do with it than a 17 year old that never held a gun in his life should have.
Claeyt wrote: I'm not saying it's right or justified that they steal or sell drugs or murder cops I'm saying that that's exactly what you would do if you were poor and desperate and Black.
Inotdead

Postby saltmummy » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:15 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:They're also pointing out that he liked to play Counter Strike. Like half the teenagers on the internet don't play FPS. It's like saying the Nice killer was an avid driver of vehicles, or was known to play Mario Kart. :/

They always look for that scapegoat though don't they? When someone is a success, everyone is up trying to get a slice of the credit But when they do something like this, it must have been the TV/music/video games/books.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Claeyt » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:57 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:He bought the gun illegally; it was a theater prop that he then also illegally made operable again. No one knows how he got the ammo. The prime minister of Germany is promising to make gun ownership laws more strict because that will surely make a difference in situations like this one.

Yeah it was smuggled into Germany from Slovakia apparently and they're saying that he didn't make it operable but apparently bought it already changed.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby TotalyMeow » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Claeyt wrote:

Yeah it was smuggled into Germany from Slovakia apparently and they're saying that he didn't make it operable but apparently bought it already changed.

Source?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Dallane » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:07 am

Claeyt wrote:

So you are saying gun control doesn't work?

TotalyMeow wrote:
Source?

Cant wait to see this
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby saltmummy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:55 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-germa ... SKCN1040Y7
Couple hours ago, somebody exploded at a music festival in Germany. Good thing reliable/unreliable bombs are so difficult to make. Oh wait...
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Previous

Return to City upon a Hill