Love is in the Air

A forum for Store-based announcements.

Re: Love is in the Air

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:56 am

i made a wooden table out of fir, along with a gourd in a makeshift kiln in my backyard, and made a poem with food, and even made spaghetti just for the sake of having something for "gluttony" and i hate spaghetti, along with a sharpened stick with marps name carved into the table with a heart around it, but my camera fell in the paint bucket when i was finishing painting the table so that was fun, now i can't post my entry 3/10.
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:03 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:i made a wooden table out of fir, along with a gourd in a makeshift kiln in my backyard, and made a poem with food, and even made spaghetti just for the sake of having something for "gluttony" and i hate spaghetti, along with a sharpened stick with marps name carved into the table with a heart around it, but my camera fell in the paint bucket when i was finishing painting the table so that was fun, now i can't post my entry 3/10.

So traggic.. the combination of fir, wooden sticks and spaghetti would have surely put your entry in the running. :(
Tulgarath

Postby Icon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:12 am

I should have written a valentines day mystery about a girl who mysteriously got a headache after an expensive dinner and a movie...
Icon

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:20 am

Icon wrote:I should have written a valentines day mystery about a girl who mysteriously got a headache after an expensive dinner and a movie...

go on...
Rubberduckbandit

Postby Tulgarath » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:27 am

Icon wrote:I should have written a valentines day mystery about a girl who mysteriously got a headache after an expensive dinner and a movie...

There is still time....
Tulgarath

Postby Rubberduckbandit » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:43 am

Ok so i decided to take a crappy phone picture, but that table was a ***** ton of work, sadly you can't see marps name carved into the table on the side next to the stick, but i can always snap a better picture once i go buy a new camera tomorrow, or if marp needs a time stamp to verify this is all mine, with my ig name or something.
Anyways all in all this took like 6 hours to do
the table was a good 4 hours, along with painting it.
The ceramic gourd took me about 25mins to make and glaze,
the gourd is a mixture of different clay hence the different colors and swirls,
then i glazed it with a clear coating to give it a "shiny" look once fired.
I made spaghetti really quick so he had something for him to "glutton" on
The sharp stick is self explanatory.
My theme was a romantic valentines day with Marp waiting for him to come from
a busy day of him wearing his special helmet, while he "worked" on Salem.
I made him a "new world gourd", and ceramic rose as a gift to commemorate the day, and made the table, so he could "gluttony" on the food i made. I didn't give the table borders because i didn't see a real reason to for this project, also the tables in game have no borders.
The sharp stick was what i supposedly used to carve his name with onto the table for the sake of this rp. Everything i made had to do with Salem a "gluttony table". Food for "gluttony" a "sharp stick" a "new world gourd" "ceramic rose" and the skills that go along with it like whittling, sugar and spice, kiln making/ firing etc. All this while tying it all together with valentines. The tables painted black, and purple, and i don't really want people to recognize something in my room, and figure out who i am, if Marp wants a full picture of the table or anything else i made for this project i can easily pm it to him. So here's a very low quality crappy picture of it all.

Rubberduckbandit

Postby DeepSixed » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:48 am

I was going to compete with a poem; but I had to finally admit to myself that the general IQ of folks who play this game just aren't familiar enough with the classics to appreciate true genius.

Alas.. I'll have to give way to others..

Yeah- it sucks, but that's life.
DeepSixed

Postby Kandarim » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:30 am

Yes, I feel for you too. You are just so high above our level that no-one here is able to grasp anything you say.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby HDHB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Inspired by this, I decided to make a Salem version of that story.
This is the very first video I ever put together, I hope you enjoy it:
Guess How Much I Love You: Salem Edit
Jesus died for our sins. You should do the same.
HDHB

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:44 pm

After seeing all of this I really feel like dropping out, but since mine is half done I guess I'll have to finish it.
grapefruitv

PreviousNext

Return to Store Updates & Competitions