O Tidings of Comfort and Joy

A forum for Store-based announcements.

O Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 pm

SANTA CAME SANTA CAME.

Presents were delivered. Close to the homestead o f the most likely character to receive it on the account provided. Most are in the owner's leanto. For HS pclaims, near the stone.

Merry Christmas :)

Ho Ho Ho!

As the season of giving fully approaches, Salem has been visited by the merry elf himself! I, Marp Tarpton, have been instructed by Santa Claus to gather the wishes of all the good little Salemites. While I am hopeful he will again visit Providence as he did last year, he is quite busy. So, in the meantime, you should write a letter to Santa using an ink, quill, and paper. Sign it with your character and account name. In the event you cannot write letters, you can have someone else write it for you. However, only one submission per user is allowed. I will try to be online sometime between 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST every day from now until Christmas to gather the letters and ship them to the North pole. Upon receiving them, Santa will evaluate the naughty and niceness or each user to determine whether or not they are nice enough. In reality, I'm sure that Santa will simply enter the submissions into a lottery and choose a finite number of gifts to give out. But knowing him, he'll probably audit the server logs to verify whether or not the user has committed crimes.

That's about it! A joyous holiday season to you and best of luck!

(Note: Gifts can be requested to be sent to Popham instead. However, the letter must be written and submitted on Providence)
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: O Tidings for Comfort and Joy

Postby matan002 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:36 pm

Nice
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Re: O Tidings for Comfort and Joy

Postby Heffernan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:38 pm

suppose if we were there at saturday we dont need to redo this.
Heffernan

Re: O Tidings of Comfort and Joy

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Correct.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:10 pm

i am going to wish for a lump of coal that kills the grinch known as claeyt when thrown at him.
Darwoth

Postby jesi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:03 pm

MarpTarpton wrote:Ho Ho Ho! As the season of giving fully approaches, . .. . I will try to be online sometime between 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm every day from now until Christmas . . .

Just to understand better, is that 6 PM EST, or some other time?
aptson wrote:
when i make posts on the forums i expect people to spell it out for me because i am new . .
jesi

Postby Hose » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:51 pm

I would love to see THIS ingame.
So i have finally something to play with ;)
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:54 pm

That would be EST. I could have sworn I put the time zone, but clearly forgot. Apologies.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby DarkNacht » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 pm

Pretending that Saint Nicholas is a elf. This is terribly unchristian. And probably just a scheme for some nefarious witchcraft.
Marp, and anyone taking place in this, should be executed just as Maudney was. There has been far too much witching going on recently and as good Christians we need to stomp it out before it gets out of hand.
DarkNacht

Postby MarpTarpton » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:04 am

I would counter this argument with a number of my own.

1) Providence being a nation of Puritans did not believe in in sainthood - such a thing was profoundly Catholic, barely half a step above witchcraft.
2) No good Puritan (nor reasonable, god-fearing Catholic for that matter) would believe that St. Nicholas, especially post mortem, have the ability to physically deliver presents to the homes of children the world over.
3) Despite being Puritans, Salemites share a their land with squonks, wishpooshes, argopelters, and a host of other extraordinary creatures the likes of which have never before been seen. Given this, is it truly that great a stretch of the imagination to assume that such a creature may have the inhuman ability to grant the wishes of nice children in the old world and the new?
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Store Updates & Competitions