October Inspirational Contest

A forum for Store-based announcements.

October Inspirational Contest

Postby MarpTarpton » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:39 am

Hello all!

Time for a contest! How would you like to create and design an inspirational that can be found in the world of Salem? Now's your chance!

Here's what I need:

1) Item name
2) Description of what it looks like (icon)
3) Cute little poem phrase for item
4) Information on how to find/make item
5) Item proficiency values

The best item will be chosen and the winner will get several of them as well as a silver prize to go along with them! We may allow for runners up if there are a ton of good submissions. However, only ONE submission is allowed for the contest. Do not post multiple entries, they will be removed. Also, preference will be given to items that make sense in the Salem universe. Bonus points if the item is of an Autumn/Fall theme.

Good luck! As always, all entries are considered property of Mortal Moments, Inc and will be treated as such upon sharing them. Submissions must be made no later than 11:59 PM EST on October 9th.

(Secret alternative inspirationals (Wickerman/Wicked Wickerman) can be considered, but the secret variant should be PM'd because secrets)
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Re: October Inspirational Contest

Postby Irving » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:08 am

Damn it! I wanted to post the "Developer's licked Shoe" inspirational but I need something better with an Autumn theme ><
IM BACK!
Irving

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:48 am

Jar of Tears :

Requires:
Empty Jar
1lt of tears, tears can be collected/harvested each time a pilgrim is whipped in the stocks, 0.01lt is collected per whip, Remember to bring a bucket or collecting vessel when punishing pilgrims.

Uses : 10 or 25
L&L 5000
F&W: 5000
NP: 5000

Cost , 12,500

Tears are a kind of liquid sandwich, comprising of a watery, salty middle layer trapped between an outer layer of oil and an inner layer of mucus, Drink up.

When studying a use the pilgrim says "Refreshing".

I would give this entry a B+. We of course love tears but adding a new substance to the game (tears) for just this item is more work than the payout. Also, you don't seem to understand how inspiration is totaled.
Last edited by HolyLight on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HolyLight

Postby Wandering » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:00 am

Fail contest ~ by forcing us to come up with the graphic you are limiting the contest to those who are purely graphically inclined.

Instead~ I suggest you offer a bonus in silver if the 'icon' is professional enough to use.
Wandering

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:28 am

Maybe I read it wrong but I thought he was asking you to describe the icon, not draw it.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:32 am

JohnCarver wrote:Maybe I read it wrong but I thought he was asking you to describe the icon, not draw it.

Good job i never drew it then.

Its a jar of tears, need i really go into details on what it should look like?
HolyLight

Postby Wandering » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:38 am

JohnCarver wrote:Maybe I read it wrong but I thought he was asking you to describe the icon, not draw it.

I misread it. Thanks for correcting me.
Wandering

Postby JohnCarver » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:41 am

HolyLight wrote:Its a jar of tears, need i really go into details on what it should look like?

Should the jar be right-side up or upside-down?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby HolyLight » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:48 am

JohnCarver wrote:
HolyLight wrote:Its a jar of tears, need i really go into details on what it should look like?

Should the jar be right-side up or upside-down?

Depends if you want to drink it or study it.

¦]

Double whammy.
HolyLight

Postby Thor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:51 am

1) Remains of destruction
2) Some sort image of mixed construction waste (bricks, boards, nails etc)
3) "While searching your pockets you found bits and pieces of your enemy's claim. As you look at them you widely grin and feel the justice you dealt.
4) Random drop while destroying walls/buildings on enemy claims/towns (much like cross-shaped wood splinter appears on your inventory). Quite more less rare than forage inspirationals (it's a crime anyways so risk is there to even it out).
5)

Uses: 10
Cloak & Dagger: 2000
Law & Lore: 2000
Sparks & Embers: 2000

Cost: 6000

This item seems terribly OP. 1 use, 0.5-1.5% drop per swing and we can talk. Still, I don't like the idea of something I can produce on a private claim I build next to my base just to generate these things. Grade of C+.
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Next

Return to Store Updates & Competitions