October Inspirational Contest

A forum for Store-based announcements.

Re: October Inspirational Contest

Postby Lusewing » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:20 pm

1) Frosted web
2) A full web with the inner rungs sagging down slightly. It would be white with points of colour lending a rainbow effect.
3) 'Amongst the branches, perfect form. North wind diamonds, lost at dawn.
4) Spawn inside myrtle oak but only during a cold snap, they turn into abandoned cobwebs outside of this season. The web will last one hour in an inventory and then will turn into an abandoned cobweb.
5) 1 use
700 Arts and crafts
400 Cloak and dagger
200 Flora and fauna
300 Needle and thread
1000 Natural philosophy

Very nice, balanced. Great on all counts, A+. Unsure if the mechanics are in place to have it all happen like you've laid out, but this is otherwise a good inspirational.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby kataklinger » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:45 pm

1) Guano
2) Somewhat like sugar but brown with some white particles and more white on top of the pile.
3) Do bats give a crap
if I mine when they nap.

4) It would be obtained from time to time while mining out boulders from a mine wall.
5) 2 uses

2150 mines and mountains
1150 stocks and cultivars
1000 natural philosophy
500 perennial philosophy

total cost 4800 inspiration

It could also have a use as a fertilizer.

Very good! Grade of A, as I would ideally adjust the MM to be more like 1000, reducing inspiration to 3,650, especially if it has two uses and isn't intended to be rare-ish.
Last edited by kataklinger on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kataklinger

Postby Arbor » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 pm

Does it need to be an inspirational found in salem or can it also be one that is crafted?
Arbor

Postby MarpTarpton » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Found or crafted.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Wandering » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:14 pm

New Inspiration entry:

1) Basic Drum
2) Dried Animal Skin over wooden barrel
3) Bum tah da bum tah da bum
4) Crafted item ~ Single Use -1 dried bear skin, 3 stringy Sinew, 5 boards
5) Slightly bigger reduction of insanity**
1000 Cloak/Dagger
2000 Hammer/Nail
2000 Hunting/Hidework
500 Arts/Crafts

Has a few issues. First, bear skin is too expensive. Also, 3 stringy sinews would grant 4500 H&H on their own at 26% efficiency and 1050 C&D. There are easier ways to get Hammer and Nail, so unless this happens to be a 3 use item (which I think it could be, even without the bear skin), it doesn't seem balanced. B+
Last edited by Wandering on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:43 am, edited 8 times in total.
Wandering

Postby RainbowMoostache » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:55 pm

Vinland's Hero /or Vinland's Soldier

Viking figurine/chesspiece carved in bone. Would look somewhat dirty or worn since it's a excavated artifact.

"Dancing over his forn conquest, even in Valhalla."

Has a small/rare chance to find it when digging.

Cloak & Dagger : 1250

Arts & Crafts : 1500

Natural Philosophy : 1250

Faith & Wisdom : 2000

Hunting & Hideworking : 2250

I partly added in Natural Philosophy because the settlers in Vinland are from Iceland, which was also known as a land with no trees. Thought'd it would fit great since N&P has forestry related buffs. Having a viking-related item in the game would also be cool as they partook in the role of finding New World aswell (or atleast a small part of it), and that the old developers of Salem were swedish. Would be a nice thing. ;)

A+, well done. Seems balanced and I can easily picture it in game without issue. Bravo.
Last edited by RainbowMoostache on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
RainbowMoostache

Postby Arbor » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:28 am

1) Proof of Puritan Heart

2) A photoholding pendant/amulet. The picture inside the photoholder shows a pilgrim womans face. You are unable to see the womans facial expression because the face in the picture is blurry. But the picture is brightly colored as if it shows a saint. The background of the photo is maple-red. The chain of the pendant is a ballchain made out of copper.
The photoholder is made out of three parts: Two oval pieces of copper are held together by a bee stinger.The bee stinger is used as cylinder for rotation to allow to open and close the photoholder. In the icon the photoholder is open and you can see the photo of the pilgrim woman face with the autumnred background.

3) "The pure heart and resolve of a Puritan to fend off witchcraft have never been captured as aptly as on this pendant before. And gazing at their sheer beauty makes it painfully obvious that they will never be captured like this again after."

4) Object(s) required:
1x Perfect Autumn Leaf
1x Bee Stinger
1x Bar of Copper
Needs to be crafted at anvil.

5)Proficiencie(s) gained:
3000 Arts & Crafts
2200 Faith & Wisdom
3000 Sparks & Embers
1000 Mines & Mountains

Inspiration Required: 9200
Uses: 4

Inspiration Efficiency:
0.3261 Arts & Crafts
0.2391 Faith & Wisdom
0.3261 Sparks & Embers
0.1087 Mines & Mountains

My first instinct said, "Oh no, not another locket." The complexity of your description of the item counts against you as we only have 40x40 pixels with which to make an icon and that level of detail is fairly impossible. Ultimately, this item is too similar to the existing lockets in what it gives for proficiencies, so it doesn't add much to the game. Grade of C
Arbor

Postby Telcular » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:36 am

1) Item name - Accidental experiment
2) Description of what it looks like (icon) - Either several broken shards of glass, or a brick being thrown at a glasspane.
3) Cute little poem phrase for item - Hope you´re not superstitious...
4) Information on how to find/make item - Crafted via: 1x Brick, 1x Glass pane.
5) Item proficiency values -
13 uses
400 Cloak & Dagger
600 Law & Lore
1000 Mines & Mountains
500 Natural Philosophy

Costs 4500 inspiration to use.

13,000 M&M for 1 glass pane at 40% efficiency? Not sure what you're smoking, but I'd like some. If this was a byproduct of alchemy rather than a crafting recipe, I'd be more inclined to say yes (but I would still nerf that M&M and maybe add PP.) C+
Telcular

Postby Nektaris » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:28 pm

1) Item name: Plymouth Rock
2) Description of what it looks like (icon): It looks like a large old granite boulder with the number 1620 inscribed on it
3) Cute little poem phrase for item: One of the enduring symbols of the landing of the Pilgrims in the Mayflower
4) Information on how to find/make item: Randomly found when a granite boulder is dug up from a rock patch
5) Item proficiency values:

5 uses:

Faith&Wisdom: 3500
Mines&Mountains: 2500
Natural Philosophy: 2000

Simple, clean, elegant. 5 uses is too many uses imo. Grade of A.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

Postby Kurundo » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:55 pm

Not sure if we're allowed to double dip into multi-purpose items, but what really came to mind for me was this:

1.) Incidental Costume (Inspirational/wearable)
2.) White cloth with two eye holes in it / http://www.savethestudent.org/uploads/5 ... 00x254.jpg
If it does get implemented as something wearable, I'd really like it so that the Salem character's eyes are still visible. I just love their "Done with this ****" expression.
3.) "When it comes to Costume Parties; it is better to be poorly dressed rather than not at all."
4.)Either intentionally crafted with 2 Indian Cotton Cloth or accidentally while weaving Indian Cotton Cloth.
Proficiency Values:
A&T 2200
C&D 1500
L&L 800
T&N 2000

As has been mentioned, an item like this already exists as a dev item; however, I don't hate the idea of making it an inspirational. Conceptually, grade of A
The Leech Guy of H&H
Kurundo
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Store Updates & Competitions