Store Item: Mystery Music Box

A forum for Store-based announcements.

Store Item: Mystery Music Box

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:42 am

http://store.salemthegame.com/store/off ... rymusicbox

Please note that it is intended that this will be one of our most expensive store items. The primary reason for this is we do not wish for players to turn the ENTIRE world into one big melting pot of biomes. It is our hope that by making these instruments semi-exclusive and rare that players will value them and who they loan them to more heavily.

Also please keep in mind that we intend to add a 'skill' that is required to do the biome shifting. For now biome shifting occurs without the skill, and anybody can play the instrument provided they simply have the musician skill.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Re: Store Item: Mystery Music Box

Postby hitori » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:03 pm

i guess we need more info about changing biomes with these instruments
hitori

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:14 pm

hitori wrote:i guess we need more info about changing biomes with these instruments

Test them and find out
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:54 pm

hitori wrote:i guess we need more info about changing biomes with these instruments

Each instrument changes to a different biome.

Play the instrument (not spamming the same button for greatest effectiveness) and if mother nature likes your music she will slowly transition herself around you to the biome that is tied to your instrument.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby joshnpk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:02 pm

I like the idea of that but as dallane would most likely say, couldn't this just be used as a crutch for poor base planning?
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Postby Lusewing » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:05 pm

You think $50 is a crutch? Not to mention all the insp that is needed to get a good spread and/or digging up areas to reduce the amount needed to play.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:08 pm

joshnpk wrote:I like the idea of that but as dallane would most likely say, couldn't this just be used as a crutch for poor base planning?

What in the hell are you talking about?

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby lachlaan » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I presume he means, pick a spot with no useful biomes, repent horribly later on then just buy a handful of instruments with your paycheck and proceed to terraform this alien world into one with an atmosphere and plant life you can assimilate! Odd choice of person to put words in the mouth of though xD
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:11 pm

lachlaan wrote:I presume he means, pick a spot with no useful biomes, repent horribly later on then just buy a handful of instruments with your paycheck and proceed to terraform this alien world into one with an atmosphere and plant life you can assimilate! Odd choice of person to put words in the mouth of though xD

All bioms are useful tho :?

Dallane

Postby joshnpk » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:26 pm

Dallane wrote:
joshnpk wrote:I like the idea of that but as dallane would most likely say, couldn't this just be used as a crutch for poor base planning?

What in the hell are you talking about?

The hole panning in providence and using the well is a crutch for bad base planning thread you made.
I think I have a hat problem.
joshnpk

Return to Store Updates & Competitions