New Store Item: Apothecary Kit

A forum for Store-based announcements.

Re: New Store Item: Apothecary Kit

Postby Yes » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:10 am

Rubberduckbandit wrote:The thing in your hand reminds me of those old pans from the 1900's they use for placer mining.

That's also the only association that comes to my mind.

The mask at this angle really looks like a birds head.

This pack is very cool, though. A cooler version of the mask and a reusable splint. Never would imagine to whine about it being sold in the store. Though certain people certainly want to hate it, I recently saw an older post on another forum where some guys said that salem is p2w, cause you can buy silver.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:26 am

I honestly jumped to conclusions when I first read this thread. It was silly for me to try and spark a debate about the cash shop and ask about the direction the community as a whole wished it to take by my comments.
sorry for any hurt feelings.
I will also try to be more catering to those that are unable to understand sarcasm in the future.

Rubberduckbandit wrote:I'm considering buying the damn thing just for the mask, stop speaking for the forums as if you know it as a whole, some of us have disposable income, and would gladly spend it on a flourishing game like this, if 10 dollars is breaking the bank for you, then just don't buy the item, and stop whining like a prepubescent 7 year old.

"and that everyone that disagrees with me is obviously retarded! I don't like people that are different then me!" -michael
You're THAT kid no wonder i felt the autism spewing in every direction from this post. you don't even have a job, and you're crying about the cash shop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I know autism is actually a pretty serious disorder that seriously affects some individual's lives.

You'r making a lot of incorrect assumptions here. *I never claimed to speak as if i knew the forums as a whole. I just wanted to put myself out there and see what people thought of the nature of this package.*
even that quote was taken out of context from a thread i was never serious about and was done in farce. Was hoping my thread and people's replies would give forum readers a lol or two

I can easily afford 10 dollars on a pretty mask variant that shows I support the Game's owner. But wanted to spark an intelligent discussion about where forum posters would like to draw the line for the cash shop. The SeaTribe's founding father's pack was 60 USD, if I remember correctly. and I do know a group of people did not like that specific item on SeaTribe's store. *I say this because I saw posts about it.*

***for example= If MM was to release a 60USD pack, what would you personally like to be in this pack?***

Voicing a personal disagreement with a direction the game took I feel like is something someone can do with out being harassed like this. Rather certain you don't know me as I keep to myself in game and don't appeal to trolls while trying to enjoy my in-game time. On here though I unfortunately talk to people like yourself.

Ether way I am SUPER excited to hear about all the fun times you will have with your amazing Miasma Mask! :D
Happy Gaming!
Michael

Postby Haukeye » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Michael wrote:I honestly jumped to conclusions when I first read this thread. It was silly for me to try and spark a debate about the cash shop and ask about the direction the community as a whole wished it to take by my comments.
sorry for any hurt feelings.
I will also try to be more catering to those that are unable to understand sarcasm in the future.

Rubberduckbandit wrote:I'm considering buying the damn thing just for the mask, stop speaking for the forums as if you know it as a whole, some of us have disposable income, and would gladly spend it on a flourishing game like this, if 10 dollars is breaking the bank for you, then just don't buy the item, and stop whining like a prepubescent 7 year old.

"and that everyone that disagrees with me is obviously retarded! I don't like people that are different then me!" -michael
You're THAT kid no wonder i felt the autism spewing in every direction from this post. you don't even have a job, and you're crying about the cash shop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

From what I know autism is actually a pretty serious disorder that seriously affects some individual's lives.

You'r making a lot of incorrect assumptions here. *I never claimed to speak as if i knew the forums as a whole. I just wanted to put myself out there and see what people thought of the nature of this package.*
even that quote was taken out of context from a thread i was never serious about and was done in farce. Was hoping my thread and people's replies would give forum readers a lol or two

I can easily afford 10 dollars on a pretty mask variant that shows I support the Game's owner. But wanted to spark an intelligent discussion about where forum posters would like to draw the line for the cash shop. The SeaTribe's founding father's pack was 60 USD, if I remember correctly. and I do know a group of people did not like that specific item on SeaTribe's store. *I say this because I saw posts about it.*

***for example= If MM was to release a 60USD pack, what would you personally like to be in this pack?***

Voicing a personal disagreement with a direction the game took I feel like is something someone can do with out being harassed like this. Rather certain you don't know me as I keep to myself in game and don't appeal to trolls while trying to enjoy my in-game time. On here though I unfortunately talk to people like yourself.

Ether way I am SUPER excited to hear about all the fun times you will have with your amazing Miasma Mask! :D
Happy Gaming!

The only sarcastic jerk I have seen was you. You were not asking for a debate, you were crying... period.
You made this post with silly conspiracy theories. THEN when you get called out on it get nasty. As for me being a hypocrite let me enlighten you lil one. IF I was being a hypocrite then I would of had to of said well gosh I am sick of you whining. In other words whine about your whining. Which I did not, I said STOP whining. So in the future at least KNOW the meaning of the insult before you toss it out there.
Shoot let me educate you right here
hyp·o·crite
noun \ˈhi-pə-ˌkrit\

: a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs
I AM Bankee
Haukeye

Postby er-queent8r » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:54 pm

Michael wrote:
Haukeye wrote:
Michael wrote:Does this new Miasma Masque have the same in-game 3d model as the Plague Doctor's Masque?
I ask because from the Online Store Picture they look 100% alike to me.
Thank you in advance.

*edit*
10 USD for common medicines?! Is this why you released the disease patch in the first place?!
Is anyone else feeling this is an odd direction for the cash shop?
something seems fishy here.

The mask is different, as for your conspiracy theory? 99% of the stuff in the box you can make in game. Stop whining.

Simply stating that I personally feel if Salem is going to further expand it's cash shop, it may want to provide things that are useful. I'm not sure who the target audience here is because some people on the forum offer these services for free. In fact, from off the top of my head, I would say provide an non-craftable tonic that cures all diseases out there with the cash shop purchase. or numerous other things would be more preferable, wanted to spark a conversation about the Salem cash shop with the Salem community really. Instead I get some ass hat named "haukeye" thinking that everyone that has a different view then himself is whining.
Sorry for politely raising an idea that questions JC's vision.
Their is a large group of gamers out there that avoid certain games because they have terrible cash shops. I hope people will not avoid this game because of questionable business practices.
*It's funny you go on the forums to whine about people whining. you hypocrite*
stop trolling.

Tears more tears please.
pietin1 wrote:this was for JC only not his ass lickers.

Proud to be a JC ass licker!
er-queent8r

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Let's not clutter announcements up with yet another "Cash shop usefullness" debate. It may not be recent, but as others have pointed out, it has come up in the past. We have an off-topic forum and game ideas discussion area for things like this.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:35 pm

This seems like a decent pack for only 10$. I am a bit sad however, that all the new packs seem to be light on the clothing items. We used to get an entire set of clothing for whichever pack we bought, now it seems they are only coming with 1 wearable item, though they are half the cost of the old packs. Are you planning on selling any more packs with full outfits??

--I still want another chance to buy the alchemists pack!
tweenprinc3ss

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:02 pm

No more full outfits. It is intended that we didn't want players to make a 'single' purchase and then have 'store' clothing for multiple slots.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:48 am

JohnCarver wrote:No more full outfits. It is intended that we didn't want players to make a 'single' purchase and then have 'store' clothing for multiple slots.

Furniture? :p
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:50 am

Heffernan wrote:Furniture? :p

Maybe, But I feel this takes away from content that we could bestow upon the hammer & nail profession.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 am

JohnCarver wrote:
Heffernan wrote:Furniture? :p

Maybe, But I feel this takes away from content that we could bestow upon the hammer & nail profession.

so i suppose "my couch" is coming with the patch hehe
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to Store Updates & Competitions