Salem Loyalty Appreciation Stuffz

A forum for Store-based announcements.

Re: Salem Loyalty Appreciation Stuffz

Postby belgear » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:55 am

I don't understand why everyone is so angry with the golden top hat, there is already a black one. The only argument I can really see against it is that a top hat was not popularized until the 18th century, and that would be an argument that would apply to both hats. If it is just about the color, sorry you don't like it :( I like how flashy it is, it really screams "I get money"
belgear
Customer

Postby Necrobane » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:40 am

belgear wrote:I don't understand why everyone is so angry with the golden top hat, there is already a black one. The only argument I can really see against it is that a top hat was not popularized until the 18th century, and that would be an argument that would apply to both hats. If it is just about the color, sorry you don't like it :( I like how flashy it is, it really screams "I get money"

It screams like... someone pissed on my hat ... really bad :?
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby DarkNacht » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:20 am

belgear wrote:I don't understand why everyone is so angry with the golden top hat, there is already a black one. The only argument I can really see against it is that a top hat was not popularized until the 18th century, and that would be an argument that would apply to both hats. If it is just about the color, sorry you don't like it :( I like how flashy it is, it really screams "I get money"

I don't think people are angry with it, its just that the top had doesn't really match the look and feel of the game to begin with so painting yellow just makes it look extra silly.
Next thing you know we will have white unicorns, giant cats, speedy turtles, and flying super hero capes and then dwarves and elves, and then steam punk weaponry, and then golden forehead strap-ons, and then NPC quest givers in Prov, and then scene girl hair, and then gold plated brick houses, and then classes, and then a good fishing mini-game, and then more terrible in game music, and then emo face paint, and then resurrection, and then furries, and then full plate armor, and then codpieces, and then Richard Garriott, and then chest mounted gold plated vaginal black holes, and then a moon, and then brain rats, and then bullet hell boss monsters, and then a two screen drive-in playing two girls one cup and one guy one cup on constant loops and I think we can all agree that we don't want that.
DarkNacht

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:44 am

Sorry to derail from the golden hat that dosn't fit Salem's overall feel and atmosphere, but
I see all the loyalty rewards for people that spend 40 USD are capes.
I feel like this will lead to the problem that Hat Boxes had, where each character can only wear one hat at a time.
If JC made it where loyalty rewards for the cash shop were for different inventory slots depending on the quarter, then I feel like their would be an increased desire to get said rewards.
Not everyone in the game is an item collector.

-As an example I feel giving out a different reward shirt for each q1, a shoes for each q2, a coat for q3, and a mask for q4 would be a better idea then relying on capes which already have their own mystery cash shop variants.
just a suggestion.
Michael

Postby MarpTarpton » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:04 am

Michael wrote:-As an example I feel giving out a different reward shirt for each q1, a shoes for each q2, a coat for q3, and a mask for q4 would be a better idea then relying on capes which already have their own mystery cash shop variants.
just a suggestion.

It could/will/might change for all of the reasons. Trust that we discuss these things :) But as it's a bonus, it probably won't be so systematic or pre-announced. However, the team is fond of items that can't be consumed to note our lasting appreciation for those who so generously patronize the cash shop.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby Darwoth » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:12 am

obviously the correct solution is to make capes worn in all slots thus allowing one to run around looking like a set of unmatched curtains.
Darwoth

Postby Thor » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:16 am

DarkNacht wrote:jorbs **** monster.

What the *****..
My eyes!
saltmummy wrote:You sad sad little man, my heart weeps for you. Better not go outside or your thin, tissue paper like skin might spontaneously rupture while your fragile sensibilities violently shatter spraying salt and urine all over the street.
Thor

Postby belgear » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 am

Darwoth wrote:obviously the correct solution is to make capes worn in all slots thus allowing one to run around looking like a set of unmatched curtains.

this plz
belgear
Customer

Postby saffgee » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:48 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Any suggestions in particular?

I'd really like a stall to buy - I lost mine when I was away on business for a week or so. Not sure how it happened as I thought I'd taken care of taxes before I left and there was enough cash on hand, but hey whatever.

So the idea would be a stall you can buy that is maybe tax free but mainly (the important bit) lasts for say 3 months rather than a week at a time but cannot be topped up. I'm sure there is demand, so priced right this could be a nice recurring money earner. People who don't like to pay can still keep the usual ones, but other players can actually get a look-in without waiting ages for one to be free as long as they are willing to whip out their wallets and pay for it. Shouldn't unbalance things too much I'd think.
saffgee
Customer

Postby grapefruitv » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:54 pm

Decorations for stalls could be a whole new niche for the store. Different colours, signs with "shop" name, etc.
grapefruitv

PreviousNext

Return to Store Updates & Competitions