April 19th EXTENDED Downtime

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: April 19th EXTENDED Downtime

Postby Judaism » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:34 am

Wipe please !

***** no
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 am

I don't understand why people want wipes. It's so easy to catch up to high bile people. Purity can be bought. No one dominates the entire server. Expeditions are going to be fun as all hell.

The only reason HnH had wipes is because they were forced to do so due to map corruption or changes that they had made to the game required a wipe.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Cheena » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:53 am

Because it's easier to convince themselves that their failure to catch up with stronger people is due to the fact that they started before them.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 am

Cheena wrote:Because it's easier to convince themselves that their failure to catch up with stronger people is due to the fact that they started before them.

Exactly. If you people are too lazy to catch up when its so easy to biles then there is no way you would do anything at a restart other then quit.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Dangron » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:07 am

I just built a fence therefore, a wipe is not an option.
Dangron

Postby lachlaan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:11 am

Fingers crossed that it'll be back up in an hour or so, when I get back home :D Need to go hunt more of those fabulous snakes.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby suzylee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:19 am

If you could roll it back say about 8 days that would be great thanks
suzylee

Postby Argentis » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:43 am

suzylee wrote:If you could roll it back say about 8 days that would be great thanks

Glad to see you back.
Argentis

Postby Claeyt » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:55 am

JohnCarver wrote:
sephiroth wrote:I think a wipe would help bring in more players snd maybe dome olds ones back. I know people who would play if u were planning to wipe

There is no planned wipe. There will most certainly NOT be a wipe simply to attract a bunch of quitters to come back who quit in the first, all so that they can quit again when the server is a few months old while the true veterans and playerbase are forced to 'start over' to appease some flavor of the month gamers.

This +1,000,000

There is absolutely no reason for a wipe, and I do not see one being needed for years In my opinion. There is no obvious need to help the general player base to catch the Top players as GT's victory at the 'Battle of Lake Nod' has proven a dedicated group can catch the top groups and beat them in open battle. All the wipes do is piss off those of us who've put in massive time to make our bases better than yours. We need a good solid, steady player base for the next year to really get this game off the ground. A wipe just makes all of us actual players have to choose to start over or not.

I fully expect expeditions to fill that gaping hole for you lazy players who keep calling for a wipe. That hole is where your steadfast in-game work ethic and teamwork ability should be.

There was a time for wipes, like when Lorb messed up humus and farming so badly it became comically overpowered and the characters that it created were game breaking, but that was last world.

The only thing you need to do now to catch the top players is work as hard as them. In fact it's even easier for you to catch them than it was for them to get there, which nullifies the 'Eve effect'. They'll even sell you the means to catch them faster by selling you purity seeds, iron, plants and materials which shaves weeks off your time requirement. There is absolutely no need for a wipe.

(Although a new, less ugly map would be nice.) :D
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby GaganSandrider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:14 pm

Do we have an ETA on restart?

(Oh and even from a whiny ***** like me, IMO there is no need for a wipe) just my 2 penneth worth
GaganSandrider

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements