April 19th EXTENDED Downtime

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: April 19th EXTENDED Downtime

Postby Fimbulvinter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:39 pm

GaganSandrider wrote:Do we have an ETA on restart?

(Oh and even from a whiny ***** like me, IMO there is no need for a wipe) just my 2 penneth worth

many hours, likely. Based on JC's post and time elapsed, it's going to be another 2 hours or so before the work on restoring the integrity can even begin, and then however long It takes to fix it after that.
There is no such thing as too many gardening pots.
Fimbulvinter

Postby GaganSandrider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:42 pm

Sorry, I thought it meant 8+ hours from when it went down. I didn't realise it meant 8+ hours from when they begin in 8 hours time. My misinterpretation. Thanks for clarifying.
Sometimes timing sucks when players like me are in Europe. I know its not anyone's fault I am just venting.
GaganSandrider

Postby Lusewing » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:08 pm

I know the feeling Gagan, still, at least we know the developers will do their best to put things right while also making sure this (particular bug) wont happen again. Im just glad we got to enjoy a very exciting dock club event yesterday.
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby GaganSandrider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Lusewing wrote:I know the feeling Gagan, still, at least we know the developers will do their best to put things right while also making sure this (particular bug) wont happen again. Im just glad we got to enjoy a very exciting dock club event yesterday.

Thankfully it is one thing that can be said about the devs in this game. They do give a damn and they do their best to get it up and running as quickly as possible and as smoothly as possible.

I for one would like to thank them for their efforts and work in repairing crashes without resorting to the easier path of a rollback (except when absolutely necessary). It is appreciated.
GaganSandrider

Postby baboking » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 pm

A Server reset, would make me a threat=) i would not like it, i love playing Ketchup! ^_^
baboking

Postby Lusewing » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 pm

And we are back
Do not argue with idiots, for they will pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Lusewing

Postby GaganSandrider » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:39 pm

And its off again.

Nevermind. Hopefully it shouldn't take long to sort it again.
GaganSandrider

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Just for the record the restart happened without any data loss.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby tytymu » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:56 pm

JohnCarver wrote:Just for the record the restart happened without any data loss.

Well done to all your team :)
tytymu

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Translation

"We convinced Loftar to clean up after our mess one last time, promised him it would never happen again, and then said a small prayer that he forgets we made said promise before it does in fact happen again".
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements