Mid March Backup

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: Mid March Backup

Postby Procne » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 am

JohnCarver wrote:We are back.

And yes, 'bridges' of sorts will be in next patch. At least the ability to change water tiles to land tiles officially.

So I guess that to protect ourselves from griefers we will have claim and wall off part of the river / lake to avoid griefers destroying our nearest water supply?
Procne

Postby Kandarim » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 am

inb4 bridges actually being made from the mysterious lilypads
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Rifmaster » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:32 am

Kandarim wrote:inb4 bridges actually being made from the mysterious lilypads

Don't give them ideas!
Rifmaster

Postby RonPaulFTW » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:55 am

JohnCarver wrote:We are back.

And yes, 'bridges' of sorts will be in next patch. At least the ability to change water tiles to land tiles officially.

Can we also do the reverse and dig water tiles? Would be a nice thing to build own pond in base (moat too)
RonPaulFTW

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

The act of changing a water tile to a land tile is not easy, certainly not something where random acts of griefing would reasonably deplete water sources.

As for land to water, we have the technology in for that too, however, I find this much more challenging because I consider making water/moats/etc. etc. to be more game breaking per-se than the reverse.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:34 pm

JohnCarver wrote:The act of changing a water tile to a land tile is not easy, certainly not something where random acts of griefing would reasonably deplete water sources.

As for land to water, we have the technology in for that too, however, I find this much more challenging because I consider making water/moats/etc. etc. to be more game breaking per-se than the reverse.

wouldnt it be more comfortable to change it to a wood-over-water tile? also any news on the crafter mass storage for boards/iron/bricks etc..?
Heffernan

Postby JohnCarver » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm trying to determine if mass storage should be 65 or 70 of an item. I mean sheds are 64. But having an extra 6 slots seem OP. Maybe we do 66?
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Heffernan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I'm trying to determine if mass storage should be 65 or 70 of an item. I mean sheds are 64. But having an extra 6 slots seem OP. Maybe we do 66?

rather 250 or 500 :?
Heffernan

Postby pistolshrimp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:04 pm

JohnCarver wrote:I'm trying to determine if mass storage should be 65 or 70 of an item. I mean sheds are 64. But having an extra 6 slots seem OP. Maybe we do 66?

Should be 70 but costs blood to put in those 6 extra items. ¦]
pistolshrimp

Postby Nektaris » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:51 pm

69 is perfect.
oleanna wrote:It's a part of the game. Stealing stuff with larceny or with brain is a way like an other !
Nektaris

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements