EXTENDED DOWNTIME 2-17-2015

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: EXTENDED DOWNTIME 2-17-2015

Postby Cheena » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:29 pm

As long as they have the possibility to do it, it's not sad. It's their own choice not to do it after all. So, better assume everyone has 150 alts.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:33 pm

Argentis wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
Argentis wrote:Btw about the gift. Can we have a mystery toolbox? Would be cool!

wont that be too much? if everyone got one including there 500 alts (hi mr D.) that would be OP, thats why i suggested a ingame event that gives some small boost in skills/carrying or helps lower players with slots or free artifacts or anything..

It's sad when we can't have nice stuff because people are using 154 alts while others are not using them at all or if they do it's only 1 or 2.

Think of it this way - having many alts is like planting more fields. You get more crops for a little more work.
Procne

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:56 pm

Procne wrote:
Argentis wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
wont that be too much? if everyone got one including there 500 alts (hi mr D.) that would be OP, thats why i suggested a ingame event that gives some small boost in skills/carrying or helps lower players with slots or free artifacts or anything..

It's sad when we can't have nice stuff because people are using 154 alts while others are not using them at all or if they do it's only 1 or 2.

Think of it this way - having many alts is like planting more fields. You get more crops for a little more work.

It's just feel unnatural to have alts. Other games completely forbid to have alts or they shouldn't interact (in my understanding it's also the case in Salem but no one gives a crap). Our head was stuffed with the rule "You shall not have alts" and now in this game we are supposed to. It's just confusing.
Argentis

Postby Procne » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:08 pm

Argentis wrote:Other games completely forbid to have alts or they shouldn't interact (in my understanding it's also the case in Salem but no one gives a crap). Our head was stuffed with the rule "You shall not have alts" and now in this game we are supposed to. It's just confusing.

You mean games with gating mechanics, like energy, or competition based games. I have never seen such rule in a sandbox. Most MMORPGS and sandboxes allow, and even encourage, to make alts.
Procne

Postby MrGreen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Gift must be simple, but with style. Sweet'n'Thorny Refresher will be fine. ¦] I am joking. :lol:

P.S.: But full inspiration recovery is good gift and it will not help to that guys who have 999999+ alts.
MrGreen

Postby HolyLight » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:31 pm

One rule applys when making alts.

Need alts ? > You are not good enough to play the game how its suppose to be played.
HolyLight

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:41 pm

Moreover making alts feels like cheating. What's the point of fearing permadeath if there is almost no way you can die with your main as you do all the thieving and all with alts.
Anw guys servers can be back online from now to 4 hours.
Argentis

Postby trungdle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Having alts is like being Voldemort. That explains why Darworth never die.
You thought I quit.
trungdle

Postby Kandarim » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Argentis wrote:Moreover making alts feels like cheating. What's the point of fearing permadeath if there is almost no way you can die with your main as you do all the thieving and all with alts.
Anw guys servers can be back online from now to 4 hours.

don't sweat it so bad over the timeframe.
On the topic of alts: I think recent changes by JC are going in the right direction. I use FAR less alts than I used to: if you want a crime alt that is able to break bases, these days you can't just spam a 80-bile alt in an hour and have it be able to break the highest wall. Anyone can get brick walls with a bit of effort, and the crime alt required to break into such bases is far from 'throwaway'.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Argentis » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

trungdle wrote:Having alts is like being Voldemort. That explains why Darworth never die.

Are you comparing Alts with Horcruxes? Would make sense. You sacrifice part of your soul when you make alt.
Argentis

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements