Leanto Walls

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: Leanto Walls

Postby Heffernan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:47 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
Argentis wrote:Heffernan you know that someone can still pass through the trees and through the openings that you made to get out ;p I know this, i've done it.

pass trough? nope with pines maybe, but not the red maaples i tried it, and the entrance can me shut with a door :)

You do realize this will just get you a visit from JC to destroy some trees. Tree walls are as forbidden as leanto walls.

if they were forbidden they wouldnt simple let us place them so close to each other to use them as walls for protection :|
Heffernan

Postby Kandarim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:34 pm

hint: retcon
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby Argentis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:40 pm

RonPaulFTW wrote:
Heffernan wrote:You do realize this will just get you a visit from JC to destroy some trees. Tree walls are as forbidden as leanto walls.

if they were forbidden they wouldnt simple let us place them so close to each other to use them as walls for protection :|

I don't remember seeing anywhere that these kind of walls are forbidden. Though it doesn't take long to cut a tree right? At least not longer than destroying a wall (even though cheaper to make), moreover trees don't have a soak value. Also does it count as a crime to cut down a tree on someone's property?
Last edited by Argentis on Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argentis

Postby Kandarim » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Argentis wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:
Heffernan wrote:You do realize this will just get you a visit from JC to destroy some trees. Tree walls are as forbidden as leanto walls.

I don't remember seeing anywhere that these kind of walls are forbidden. Though it doesn't take long to cut a tree right? At least not longer than destroying a wall (even though cheaper to make), moreover trees don't have a soak value. Also does it count as a crime to cut down a tree on someone's property?

it used to be the main issue that trees didn't have a soak value: they were fixed-time to cut down. Someone with, say, 400 phlegm (or higher) can easily tear to a stone hedge or even plank fence (before the current nerf which limits the effective phlegm when destroying) while they would waste relatively much time cutting down a tree.
I have neither the crayons nor the time to explain it to you.
JC wrote:I'm not fully committed to being wrong on that yet.
Kandarim
Customer

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Point being, with a revisit to walls and destruction mechanics, are tree walls all that effective compared to building an actual wall now? I've a feeling walls out of anything other than walls are going to get nixed sooner or later and anyone exploiting that rule could face potentially more than item deletion. Note that this is just a feeling as I don't have any inside information here.

Trees, that I'm aware, don't have a soak value. I've never tried to destroy a tree, though, just the stumps.
I am a moderator. I moderate stuff. When I do, I write in this color.
JohnCarver wrote:anybody who argues to remove a mechanic that allows "yet another" way to summon somebody is really a carebear in disguise trying to save his own hide.
MagicManICT

Postby Argentis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 pm

I meant cut down by destroy. And true there is still the stump to deal with after that. Anyway this is a non issue as Heffernan's wall is not at all effective. I could easily pass through between two trees.
Argentis

Postby Necrobane » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Cutting trees leaves waste scent on claim -> no waste scents on town claim without tbf, so tynedir showed he is noob again ;)
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Argentis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Necrobane wrote:Cutting trees leaves waste scent on claim -> no waste scents on town claim without tbf, so tynedir showed he is noob again ;)

I never pretended to be a veteran. I've only been playing for a month. And do I know you that you keep trolling me everywhere? You should stop stalking that's creepy ;p
Argentis

Postby Necrobane » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Argentis wrote:
Necrobane wrote:Cutting trees leaves waste scent on claim -> no waste scents on town claim without tbf, so tynedir showed he is noob again ;)

I never pretended to be a veteran. I've only been playing for a month. And do I know you that you keep trolling me everywhere? You should stop stalking that's creepy ;p

You didnt even realised, what you was butthurt and troll everyone?
Loyal servant of Her Majesty Lallaith
Necrobane
Customer

Postby Argentis » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Necrobane wrote:
Argentis wrote:

You didnt even realised, what you was butthurt and troll everyone?

No I didn't realised that, but you didn't answer my question. Who are you? I guess you won't answer because you like to live afraid of your own shadow.
Argentis

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements