Hotifx 7.27.2014

For Announcements of Hotfixes and Server Downtime. Check here first if the Server is down.

Re: Hotifx 7.27.2014

Postby neored9 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:34 pm

lachlaan wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:Why is this being made complicated?

Because bug abuse is undefined, because unilaterally is being warped, because reporting a murder before comitting it does not an innocent criminal make, because it's still bug abuse after you decide it was a bug, even if it was commited, and the lack of consequences after having reported it just encourages people to keep doing it, preferably by making their enemies break the conditions for restoration.

If it was a bug the character would have been restored. How are you this dumb?
neored9

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:35 pm

Methuzelah23 wrote:Only leantos in the base were mine and an ex-prisoner. Gates were locked between said prisoners leanto and my leantos. Furthermore, he was already dead. In addition, there are trespassing scents exactly where the chairs were dropped. Yes I had inner gates open while I was logged in and travelling to and from my base, had he not "unintended mechanic'd" in, using an "issue" that will be adressed next patch, both of those would irrelevant in consideration of this incident.

it is to bad you decided to try and kill me two days after you said you wanted to be friends, i would love to point out how full of holes your **** is and watch you reel at such.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:39 pm

btw judaism narrowly avoided death a few weeks ago because he had hacked graphics, guess i should hem and haw about that for 30 pages and a half dozen threads until i look like a *****.
Darwoth

Postby Methuzelah23 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:40 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
alloin wrote:As far as i know, the previous scents were there because one of them teamed up with Darwoth, and thus allowing him access to that base.

The fact that Darwoth previously had access to that base, and had other mechanics that could have been used to get those kills is exactly my point.

If it wasn't the chair, it would have been something else. Thus reversing the one of several ways these kills could and would have happened is just one more reason why a restore would be unjust.

Darwoth never had access to this base.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby Darwoth » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41 pm

you sure?
Darwoth

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:41 pm

lachlaan wrote: it just encourages people to keep doing it,

Exactly? The purpose of this beta is to find and eliminate bugs prior to launch. Therefore, players are encouraged to find and report any and all bugs they can. I can see how you, being in the beta, wish to live in the now. Unfortunately, we do not. We will do what is good for the long-term health of this game at launch. If you want a more bug-free world, with a harder stance against it I suggest you simply wait until the game is launched then.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby lachlaan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:51 pm

JohnCarver wrote:If you want a more bug-free world, with a harder stance against it I suggest you simply wait until the game is launched then.

That's not what I want at all, what I'd like is for one's enemies' loss to not be the incentive someone has to push the limits of the game, fertile hens were nice, or any other rewards. Keep in mind that people getting killed by grey-area bug abuse or by use of unintended mechanics are also much needed beta testers, and I feel they shouldn't be punished due to the presence of a blurry line and other pro-active beta testers dancing on it. The killer gets a scalp, gets loot, the victim gets zip for having been a willing target in the first place by participating in the beta.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Dallane » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:53 pm

lachlaan wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:If you want a more bug-free world, with a harder stance against it I suggest you simply wait until the game is launched then.

That's not what I want at all, what I'd like is for one's enemies' loss to not be the incentive someone has to push the limits of the game, fertile hens were nice, or any other rewards. Keep in mind that people getting killed by grey-area bug abuse or by use of unintended mechanics are also much needed beta testers, and I feel they shouldn't be punished due to the presence of a blurry line and other pro-active beta testers dancing on it. The killer gets a scalp, gets loot, the victim gets zip for having been a willing target in the first place by participating in the beta.

You don't seem to understand what beta means do you?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:09 am

This is not going about the restores let that be clear for everyone- I feel that we've been handled unfairly comparing to previous restores, thats worth alot more to me than 2 silly characters.

Back in the days when JC restored Suff's char and ported him to my base I told him not to restore any characters, now we have the exact situation I was afraid of.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby RonPaulFTW » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:30 am

Judaism wrote:This is not going about the restores let that be clear for everyone- I feel that we've been handled unfairly comparing to previous restores, thats worth alot more to me than 2 silly characters.

Back in the days when JC restored Suff's char and ported him to my base I told him not to restore any characters, now we have the exact situation I was afraid of.

Wise. Frankly it would be better if JC gave out golden goose's or something super rare like that - instead of restoring chars. Too late.
RonPaulFTW

PreviousNext

Return to Hotfix Announcements