Hello, Completely new!

Look for a group to play with here.

Re: Hello, Completely new!

Postby PilgrimAlphes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:25 pm

jesi wrote:If you came from Hafen then you would know better than trying tojoin a group within minutes of starting the game.

Well haven, i always joined the few minutes and things always worked out, i dont see a difference its not just that, its just people who think differently, people on haven usually arent that bad, so im guessing people in salem are constantly bad people. i came from haven yes, but its different in the community, you can add someone and usually 99% it goes fine. however, since people are seem to be jumping to conclusions to a new player, if you dont see, "New Player" then there must be something wrong, im looking to play with someone, if you dont get that play as in working with someone to learn to play the game, cause i looked it up on youtube, and on forums, and its way different from haven, therefore, im looking for someone or anyone to learn to play, if i die, get spammed killed i dont really care, im new player anyways. so if i want to find someone the first moment i play, oh well , because i dont want to waste my time and have no clue what ill be doing, i want to play, and start off good and, not alone and waste hours making slow progress than what i could really do if i knew. so therefore, im looking for someone to join, even if its a hermit, having your own claimed lands, just having someone by to talk to and learn more and play together. haven i never did much but became the carpenter, and cooks men, but it kinda got boring so i moved to salem inking a new game, new things to learn and do. i dont know what you mean by "starting off in 3 minutes" i dont know what the "bad" is it that, just looking for someone to play with. and enjoy and learn the aspects of the game. likewise, im just finding a group to learn and make faster progress than i could alone. Hafen is so much different when adding people, you usually get like 5 offers quickly to join, so salem i dont understand whats the difference, its just the people.
PilgrimAlphes

Postby PilgrimAlphes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 pm

PilgrimAlphes wrote:
jesi wrote:If you came from Hafen then you would know better than trying tojoin a group within minutes of starting the game.

Well haven, i always joined the few minutes and things always worked out, i dont see a difference its not just that, its just people who think differently, people on haven usually arent that bad, so im guessing people in salem are constantly bad people. i came from haven yes, but its different in the community, you can add someone and usually 99% it goes fine. however, since people are seem to be jumping to conclusions to a new player, if you dont see, "New Player" then there must be something wrong, im looking to play with someone, if you dont get that play as in working with someone to learn to play the game, cause i looked it up on youtube, and on forums, and its way different from haven, therefore, im looking for someone or anyone to learn to play, if i die, get spammed killed i dont really care, im new player anyways. so if i want to find someone the first moment i play, oh well , because i dont want to waste my time and have no clue what ill be doing, i want to play, and start off good and, not alone and waste hours making slow progress than what i could really do if i knew. so therefore, im looking for someone to join, even if its a hermit, having your own claimed lands, just having someone by to talk to and learn more and play together. haven i never did much but became the carpenter, and cooks men, but it kinda got boring so i moved to salem inking a new game, new things to learn and do. i dont know what you mean by "starting off in 3 minutes" i dont know what the "bad" is it that, just looking for someone to play with. and enjoy and learn the aspects of the game. likewise, im just finding a group to learn and make faster progress than i could alone. Hafen is so much different when adding people, you usually get like 5 offers quickly to join, so salem i dont understand whats the difference, its just the people.

and when i say never did much,i never killed or raided if thats what youre wondering, i dont do that cause if someone did that to me id pretty pissed off, hours of hard work, spending irl time to get far, and someone messing up, so i dont do things to people i dont want happened to myself, i just enjoy the game, and have fun with what it can bring you. i dont see the hurt in that if im being honest. i know people are scared im a stranger, but i literally just started.
PilgrimAlphes

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:15 pm

Starting from scratch and learning everything slowly is what gets you good at the game. If you get everything handed to you at once you are going to run away from the game because it all becomes meaningless very quickly when you join big shot places and it overwhelms you.

Do you know how much it annoys towns to have people join and quit after a couple weeks because of this?

It's also annoying to have people constantly bombard you with questions of "what does this do" , "what does that do" or "hey other people in town, what should i do? do you need help with anything?"
You need to be self fulfilling in your work and do what you do to benefit the town in your own way instead of constantly asking what should be done.

Now, maybe you won't be like these other new people. But who knows, and who wants to take that risk?
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby PilgrimAlphes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:23 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Starting from scratch and learning everything slowly is what gets you good at the game. If you get everything handed to you at once you are going to run away from the game because it all becomes meaningless very quickly when you join big shot places and it overwhelms you.

Do you know how much it annoys towns to have people join and quit after a couple weeks because of this?

It's also annoying to have people constantly bombard you with questions of "what does this do" , "what does that do" or "hey other people in town, what should i do? do you need help with anything?"
You need to be self fulfilling in your work and do what you do to benefit the town in your own way instead of constantly asking what should be done.

Now, maybe you won't be like these other new people. But who knows, and who wants to take that risk?

That is completely true. i was just hoping to have neighbors and work my way up, i just dont want to be alone xD. i mean if i have quests i go to wiki, i just want some people to work with, but yes i understand what you mean.
PilgrimAlphes

Postby AcidSpiral » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:36 am

What is your Haven account?
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Bleuwulf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:38 pm

Don't pay attention to these asshats,they're just bent out of shape bc the devs cancelled their circle jerk for this weekend and now theyre feeling stupid standing there naked,alone,holding a cracker.....

I dont know Haven from spit,never got around to bothering to try it,but welcome.

Salem is irritating to say the least,and yes people are either bad or paranoid (sometimes BOTH) but it has its redeeming points and if you stick with it long enough to experience them then you'll see for yourself what I mean.

If noone let's you join their town to do their slave labor,screw 'em,the game is much more fun and more rewarding long-term to play as a Hermit anyway :p
This game is full of cowards. Don't fear the braggarts and blowhards,it's the ones who CLAIM to be your friends that will lure you into ambush and backstab you.....
Bleuwulf

Postby PilgrimAlphes » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:12 pm

Bleuwulf wrote:Don't pay attention to these asshats,they're just bent out of shape bc the devs cancelled their circle jerk for this weekend and now theyre feeling stupid standing there naked,alone,holding a cracker.....

I dont know Haven from spit,never got around to bothering to try it,but welcome.

Salem is irritating to say the least,and yes people are either bad or paranoid (sometimes BOTH) but it has its redeeming points and if you stick with it long enough to experience them then you'll see for yourself what I mean.

If noone let's you join their town to do their slave labor,screw 'em,the game is much more fun and more rewarding long-term to play as a Hermit anyway :p

Well thank you! Glad to finally see someone nice in here :D Well , i been in search still, so instead ill just created my own small hermit camp for people.
PilgrimAlphes

Postby Faultierstein » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:21 pm

sorry but that has got to be the most moronic thinking ever, the first thing a new player should do is browse the forums and ask for a village.
Faultierstein

Postby LordFarquaad » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:24 am

Are you still looking for people to join this town?
LordFarquaad

Previous

Return to Planters & Pilgrims