New Village Opening in 2-8 Weeks, Apply Here

Look for a group to play with here.

New Village Opening in 2-8 Weeks, Apply Here

Postby hellokittyfan » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Hello fellow pilgrims,

A real life friend, my girlfriend and myself are all going to be starting a new village somewhere in the next two to eight weeks. We have played before and done the hermit thing, raided some, managed trade threads and merchant stalls, overall experiencing a fair bit of the game, but we have become inactive due to boredom and the burden of having to manage entire bases with our armies of alts.

We played a bit of Haven and Hearth recently after the map reset as members of a large village, and that was exciting despite the village sort of falling apart. Now that game becomes a bit dull when met with the prospect of being hermits or trying to find a village to take us in, so recently we have thrown around the idea of getting back into Salem, but the thing is we only want to do so if we can start a new village with other people actually in it.

We have no intent to bring our existing characters into the village, to funnel silver or resources into the village, or to even create the new characters we will be playing until we have found enough people to make the village. Part of the fun of joining a village is being there from the beginning. It gives us more a sense of accomplishment and belonging. Plus, it's easy to become frustrated and overworked if you're the only one or two people there to start.

So, does this sound like something you'd be interested in? Let me share the details, then...

COMMUNICATION
We have our own discord server. A requirement to applying for the village is to join the server for an interview over voice chat. Don't worry, it's nothing too formal, for the most part we just want to ask you about your experiences in Salem, with other Pilgrims, and games or the world in general. If you seem like a fun person to play with and appear to be trustworthy enough we will give you membership roles on the server. When we have enough people to begin our village, a location we've scouted will have maps made and supplied to our various members.

ACTIVITY
While you don't have to play every day, or maybe even if you only play a few hours on your day off once a week or some such, it would be nice to keep in touch via the discord server. People that show inactivity both ingame and via discord will be dropped from the town. We would like people to use the discord server for messages and occasionally to hop into voice with us so we can coordinate on projects and the like.

GOVERNMENT
We are going to be fairly communal, but each person will also have a small plot to themselves in they so desire.

PHILOSOPHY
Salem is a persistent world, and has been for years. Many people have been raided, lost their bases, had their characters murdered, and many have quit, but others have rebuilt and become stronger than before. When you have a village full of people you can trust, rebuilding after being raided or betrayed takes considerably less effort. We want to build a community that can endure the years of Salem's future and prosper together, no matter what obstacles come our way. Salem is more fun together.

We intend to be fairly democratic, it's hard to know yet what the disposition and mentality of our village will be, since that entirely depends on who joins us :)[/spoiler]
If you are interested, please message me here for an invite to the discord server. We can message on there to organize an interview time!

If you are new, please don't feel discouraged from joining. We would love to have the opportunity to introduce you to the game and teach you the various mechanics.
Last edited by hellokittyfan on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
hellokittyfan
Customer

Re: New Village Opening in 2-8 Weeks, Apply Here

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

I will consider joining you if you make me an emperor plebs.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Reviresco » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm

I would suggest enacting a more stringent inactivity policy, or at least state that you reserve the right to do so.

I've always been a hermit, but I've talked to enough people who aren't to know that it can cause problems.
Reviresco

Postby AngelOfSilence » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:48 pm

hey can i join pls
Salem Wiki
Marketplace APP
BEST SHOOP IN THE GAME BUY ALL
Heffernan wrote: just sucks i forgot to raise yellow bile and cant loot anything hahaha sucks to be me..
AngelOfSilence

Postby Shadow86 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 pm

AngelOfSilence wrote:hey can i join pls
dont feed the trolls.
Shadow86

Postby gorniksam » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:50 pm

you have a girlfriend and hello kitty in avatar?
gorniksam

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:03 pm

gorniksam wrote:you have a girlfriend and hello kitty in avatar?

Maybe hellokittyfan is also a female.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby hellokittyfan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 am

I think I might change the inactivity policy, as Reviresco suggested. If we are using discord to send messages and voice chat, and seeing as how it's accessible on PC, browser and mobile, there shouldn't be any reason somebody disappears without a trace for long periods of time.

While you don't have to play every day, or maybe even if you only play a few hours on your day off once a week or some such, it would be nice to keep in touch via the discord server. People that show inactivity both ingame and via discord will be dropped from the town. I don't think that's asking for too much really :)
hellokittyfan
Customer

Postby Mogzor » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:17 am

Hello, i am interested in joining you and your friends. I have played the game in the past and i am interested in a new start, this time not alone.
Mogzor

Postby hellokittyfan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:12 pm

We are going to be starting up soon :D We are beginning to have a healthy number of people in our discord server. If you feel like joining, get in while the village is new! We'll be having some good times together :)
hellokittyfan
Customer

Next

Return to Planters & Pilgrims