Re: LF group or town.. Please.

Postby Nikixos » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:58 am

don't hoard if you can't protect your stuff
live and learn
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Reviresco » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:01 am

Put your wealth into your defenses. I don't get why people so many people don't see them as status symbols the same way they do clothes and houses.
Reviresco

Postby raidmufasa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Guy joined about 1 week ago, alredy has a claim, turkey coop, and farmers house but still no fence and looking for town to live in.
seems sketchy to me
raidmufasa

Postby spalari » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:51 pm

doesn't seem injust to me, people learn fast in the world of salem that you will lose your ****.
We had one of those people, who whined about how much they had used on the salem store, recently here on the forums.
That's what happens when people don't realize that other people will kill you and take your ****.
So I'd rather have 3 people leave after 15 minutes, instead of waiting untill their first death to leave the game.
And listen to them whine about how the permadeath pvp sandboxgame didn't tell them to becareful.

And to the OP, don't be too sad about it, your only real valuable is your character.
Hs: Olive

belgear wrote: I don't care what kinda coffee she makes, I only care about what kind of ***** she takes.
spalari

Postby Argentis » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:56 pm

spalari wrote:doesn't seem injust to me, people learn fast in the world of salem that you will lose your ****.
We had one of those people, who whined about how much they had used on the salem store, recently here on the forums.
That's what happens when people don't realize that other people will kill you and take your ****.
So I'd rather have 3 people leave after 15 minutes, instead of waiting untill their first death to leave the game.
And listen to them whine about how the permadeath pvp sandboxgame didn't tell them to becareful.

And to the OP, don't be too sad about it, your only real valuable is your character.

Wait till you get 90% pure fields and tell me if your 200ish biles character is worth more than that.
Argentis

Postby Ernest » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:37 am

beatevo wrote:Life and this game are 2 different things..
So oyure saying in real life you herd sheep and steal on a daily basis and kill ppl..?

never seen any survival tv show? ^^
Ernest

Postby Wandering » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:47 am

beatevo wrote:Hi all,
so I been hermitting, and learning as I go and to log in
and find everything I worked so hard for gone.

Its so unfair as I have nothing no where near to anything
my home is not even built because I don't have the skills,
and you can see its noobish yet someone still came in and took
everything I own down to my purse I had on me...

So im reaching out to anyone out there that's feeling generous,
I know this is untrust worthy times but its so hard to get into this game
when people are so selfless and care for themselves.

I want to continue playing but feel like I need a group or town
so that its safer as I progress, plus more cheerfull.

Please anyone...

The route to success is seeded in failures...and typically death. I'm been wiped off the map 2-3 times before I created Junction City. The most important lessons are the ones that stick with you forever...and death in this game is usually forever.

Prove that you learned something from your last experience before you ask someone else to assume responsibility for your lack or vision or wisdom.

Just saying.

And yes- if I hadn't recruited someone with more sense than I then Junction City would have been the end of me... and in many ways it is.

Only so many times you can get burned (even by your own stupidity)... and keep playing.
Wandering

Postby spalari » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:43 am

Argentis wrote:
spalari wrote:doesn't seem injust to me, people learn fast in the world of salem that you will lose your ****.

Wait till you get 90% pure fields and tell me if your 200ish biles character is worth more than that.

If you lose the chracter who has the base with those fields, you woun't have those fields eitherway. I was not saying that losing your stuff is good. I would rather live to fight another day, than have nothing. This is me assuming you died during a raid of your base. And not just getting pushed into dock club to get KO'd, unless its heff we're talking about.

Edit: fixing grammar
Hs: Olive

belgear wrote: I don't care what kinda coffee she makes, I only care about what kind of ***** she takes.
spalari

Postby Ilkar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:18 pm

I recently lost about $200 worth of store brought stuff and 8k silver due to being new to this game.
I learnt a lot about this game from the first time i got robbed and gave the criminal i stocked for doing it a wave before whipping him as a small thank you.

The game is made to enable people to rob you. it doesn't have a "i just want to build stuff mode". I Sympathize with your situation but really all you can do is learn from it and either become better at the game (build masses of defenses before collecting anything you care about losing) or leave the game for something better suited to your play style.

Things i learnt from my first Robbery

1. Never have anything you are not happy to lose.
2. Build walls before anything else including storage.
3. Attempting to progress in one area quickly and going back to sort defenses is a sure fire way to lose all your stuff.
4. When you think your safe from crime you most certainly are not.
5. Your not safe it is a full PVP game.
6. You will lose stuff.
7. You will die and have to start again.

I wish you all the luck and hope you stay to enjoy this game for what it has to offer but if you do stay prepare to lose your stuff and character regardless of how much you don't want to lose it or how much it cost you in life or money. The game is built to allow this to happen.

Regards,
Ilkar.
Ilkar

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:37 pm

beatevo wrote:Life and this game are 2 different things..
So oyure saying in real life you herd sheep and steal on a daily basis and kill ppl..?

makes no sense but thanks!

What they mean to say is that all of us "veterans" joined in the exact same conditions. We have all been raided, lost characters, lost lots of time and effort. To make it in Salem you have to learn from your mistakes or lack of productivity to get to where you want to be. If you build a stone wall and someone breaks it, just hope you don't have anything worth keeping inside. By the time you are able to make a plank and then brick wall, you better not wait and keep that stone wall. Its all about pacing yourself. Good luck
Paradoxyc
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Planters & Pilgrims